Austin Noobie

BroJo

Hi -- BroJo here, new to the forums and new to my latest place of residence, Austin, TX. I love music, so it seems I've come to the right place, especially since my last hometown, Hartford, CT, was about as boring as it gets. I'm looking forward to sharing some wisdom (mostly yours)!

Stay cool.

I grew up pretty close to the CT shoreline. Lots of nice towns along the coast. My parents live in Guilford now.

Glad to be in Austin now, though.

I grew up in Hamden, just north of New Haven, and after college ended up in the Hartford area (one day for 10 years). So I spent most of my time in CT inland, but on the off chance I ever move back I'd want to be somewhere on the shoreline.

Right now, with the fine Austin weather, spending lots of time outdoors and enjoying all of the great music, I can't picture myself wanting to leave. Maybe after a few months of Austin summer!

I'd love to hear any Austin-related tips you have, like the can't miss restaurant or a good place for a beer (so far, I've taken a liking to Gingerman, Dog & Duck and Billy's on Burnet).

Thanks
BroJo

Cool. I was going to check out NORML when I first got to Austin. Emailed Josh, the leader, to find out about meetings. Haven't made it yet, because those Wednesday nights haven't been good for me.

I'll be at the reggae fest. What time do you think you'll be manning the NORML booth? I'll definitely try to stop by to say "high."

Austin Reggae Festival Anybody else going?

Back
Top Bottom