New in Austin

jesstokesalot

Hi 420 family!

I have often visited this site for pictures and news on cannabis etc, but this is my first post. I have always enjoyed the reading here because of the fact that people here post real knowledgeable information.

So how about letting me in on some of the knowledge here in Austin.

All knowledge is welcome but I do have a few questions:

I have a hard time walking up to my neighbors here (maybe because they are all mostly 10+ years older than me- I think it is a respect issue on my part) and asking them if they enjoy burning one. So where is the best place to meet up with others who smoke?

I have heard that the police here are very tolerate of cannabis here, is that true?

I look forward to hearing from everyone!

High Jess and :welcome: to :420: !

Now that you're a part of the best cannabis awarness community on the web I encourage you to join our Texas Norml chapter! Texas NORML

There you will find info on upcoming parties and events in Austin and in Texas. You'll find out about the great get togethers we have at The Flamingo Cantina downtown and locations for the Norml Happy Hour each week!
Who knows, you may even come across a Bandit @ at one of the events!;)
There is also the reggae fest every year in April down at Auditorium Shores! And I cant forget about Eeors Bday party @ Pease Park!
It's true Austin is a very liberal city. Think of it as Berkeley in the middle of the wild wild west!
Last year APD announced that they were basically taking a decriminalization stand on mj. They will not go after small growers or patients with small quantities in force. If they catch you expect to lose your stash and get a $200 ticket. APD is far more interested in going after the cartell controlled gangs and dealers of hard drugs in the open air drug markets on the East side.
South Austin is old Austin and is the most liberal part of the city. That's where all of us old hippies sit out on the porches blazin fatties!

BTW- Best head shops fyi- BC Smoke Depot on the Drag, 420 Spot on S.1st, & Oat Willies on Oltorf. The Gas Pipe & Planet K are ok but have cheap overpriced stuff for the most part. Gas Pipe is good just way overpriced. Mr. Nice Guys on Lamar or S.1st are also good shops.

:goodluck: and I hope to see you around on the threads!

:welcome:jesstokesalot to Our 420Mag Family! We are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and Information across the globe. :thanks: for taking the time to introduce yourself and let all our members get to know who you are. Why not:surf: Our 420 Magazine and let us know what you think? I will provide linke to a few terrific members with legal MMJ gardens who will be happy you dropped in to say hello. If there is anything we can assist you with please let us know.
Here are the links:
Lavendar's - Continual Harvest - 5th Grow
The VipersNest Continuous
Matanuska Valley's Grow Journal

Back
Top Bottom