Autoflower Myth Busting Thread

guys about the deficiency problem i told you, these are the best pics i can get now. tomorrow ill get some with dig. cam.

today i saw its at all 8 plants the same trhing. funny thing or scary actually is that they are in diferent ages, 3 diferent strains and they dont drink the same solutions and thats wierd. And it affects mostly the new leaves
DSC_004743.jpg
DSC_004646.jpg
DSC_004537.jpg
DSC_004350.jpg
DSC_004241.jpg

You referring to the whitish tips on the leaves? That can just be from the intensity of the light. Makes sense that its on the new growth since that is closest to the light source. May just want to back the lights off a hair. Other than that I don't see anything I would classify a deficiency either.

I would think a bit of nute burn very early. What are you currently feeding

yes the white-yellow tips. white is more acurate.
i have your program for guide but mostly for the extras from AN. for N-P-K i have the Powder feeding bag from green house and i follow their instructions for basic nutes

no no pro mix.

i use a low preferilized soil canna terra pro plus

You referring to the whitish tips on the leaves? That can just be from the intensity of the light. Makes sense that its on the new growth since that is closest to the light source. May just want to back the lights off a hair. Other than that I don't see anything I would classify a deficiency either.

i moved the lamp up a day or 2 before that white-yellow tips showed up

Dark Devil was 5 weeks above ground yesterday. She is forming trichomes on the leaves, pistils are there, some starting to turn. Wondering when she is going to stretch and bulk, fingers still crossed. Not much darkening going on either, but I am alright with that.

IMG_0028171.JPG

IMG_0027188.JPG

IMG_0031154.JPG

IMG_0032150.JPG

Any and all advice welcomed!

Just thought I'd share this since is full of great info for anyone interested in there first attempts in growing autos or just anyone growing autos and that would like a bit more info.
None of these are my words but great words none the less.
Philosopher Seeds said:
How to Grow Autos with Philosopher Seeds

The Philosopher Seeds breeding team is constantly trying to improve the quality of its automatic varieties. Thanks to growers and friends who collaborate with this dedicated seed bank, Philosopher Seeds continuously gathers information on all its strains, and now they want to make it available for the cannabis community to learn about the basics of growing auto-flowering cannabis plants. This small guide will help you to have a healthy and productive medicinal garden, enabling you to get the most from your Philosopher Seeds automatic varieties.

Growing in small rooms with low consumption lamps

In really small growing spaces, where we usually use energy saving bulbs (CFL) or LED lamps, automatic plants are perfect. If we only have a small space to grow our plants, we must keep them small-sized; the perfect height for this type of crops is 60-90cm.

What we want here is keeping our plants in an average-sized pot (the size depends on the available growing space). 2-5 liter pots per plant are ideal. When the roots reach the lower part of the container, out plants will start flowering regardless of size and photoperiod. The White Yoda variety works perfect in this kind of crops.

Feeding automatic plants and types of substrate

When growing autos, nitrogen levels in the substrate must be low; highly fertilized soils — like All-Mix — are not appropriate. Plants will have too many nutrients during the early stages, thus decreasing their growth and final yield. Light Mix provides best results (especially Plagron's). Excellent performances can also be obtained by using an inert substrate like coco coir, even hydroponics if the grower is experienced enough.

Using a substrate suitable for the feeding needs of autoflowering plants is crucial if we want best results. During the first stages of their life, these plants need a growing medium with enough oxygen to enable quick root development. A nice and healthy rootball results in better yields. You can ensure a fast and lush growth by adding 15% of coco coir to the soil mix. Using a quality auxin-based booster during the first 4 weeks also improves the plant's performance.

What is the best photoperiod for automatic varieties?

To get higher yields and more compact flowers — and as long as there is enough space and height — we should give our plants a photoperiod of 20 hours light and 4 hours of darkness per day for the first 20-28 days (depending on strains) until reaching the desired height.

After this, we can change the photoperiod to 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness per day. Using this technique allows us to get more compact buds in less time. Most automatic strains developed by Philosopher Seeds can be harvested within 60-70 days (from seedling), always depending on phenotypes.

Off-season crops and areas near the Equator

These small wonders are not photoperiod-dependent to start flowering. Around 4 weeks after seed germination they rapidly start developing flower clusters. In Equatorial areas, where we have a constant photoperiod of around 12 hours of light and 12 hour of darkness per day and cannabis needs few extra light hours per day during the early stages for a proper growth, this type of seeds is perfect. Being very easy to cultivate and ready to be harvested in just 60-70 days from seedling, autos develop very compact and smelly flowers, especially the automatic cannabis variety Cheesy Auto, with its pungent and intense scent.

Regarding off-season outdoor crops, automatic strains offer the chance to perform a crop before the Spring-Summer season, during the first 70 days of Spring (depending on hemisphere). We can also start a second crop in half-summer that will be ready to harvest by Autumn (also depending on hemisphere). Automatic seeds are short-cycle strains that enable us to perform several crops per year.

Transplanting automatic plants and container size

Autoflowering strains have a limited life cycle. They only need 60-70 days to be completely ripe (growth/flowering). Therefore, the number of transplants and the container capacity are crucial for achieving best results. If we perform a single transplant into the definitive container (11-18 liters) right after seed germination, in combination with a suitable photoperiod, we ensure the best possible performance from our plants. The cannabis variety Fraggle Skunk Auto easily yields up to 100-125 grams per plant.

Hi guys. a small weekly update on my White cheese hydro grow. day 41 and starting week seven on the feeding chart this monday.

these two are fresh pictures from this morning.
20160129_083233.jpg
20160129_083243.jpg

this is a picture from the 22 of january so just around one week back
20160122_080840.jpg

heres the link to the journal if its of any interest.
White Cheese Auto Under Two Mars Reflectors 48x5W

Atrain could you pitch in with your thoughts for a second. regarding defoliation. should i go even harder at the big one at this point to open up the budsites even more mayby? i think im currently are taking about ten a day on the big one just to keep it like it is at this point. i think its a fine rate of defoliation that does not stun her but shes still real tight at the lower buds, and i would like to open them up a bit more so they maybe could get a last small stretch. any thoughts? :) lamps are hanging in the same spot since the start. its currently at 13 inch. thinking about raising it 4 inch (just a week or so) also to maybe make them stretch up a bit if this could help? the diameter on the big plant are currently 2ft. the height are about 10 inches so i really would like them to work a bit upwards now if possible.

So Dark Devil is coming along. Not huge growth, but I think I am doing much better keeping her where she wants as far as watering goes. She will get her first Cat Drench in the next few days. She is forming trichomes nicely at this point, hopefully she explodes with growth and trichomes after Cat Drench. Fingers crossed.

Dark Devil

IMG_004997.JPG

IMG_0048101.JPG

IMG_0047103.JPG

IMG_0050104.JPG

Back
Top Bottom