Automatic harvest

aliennnz

Hey guy, so i have a question...

i have a plant that was born 2th of may and from what i read about the strain (northen lights automatic) she is supposed to be harvested in 10 weeks. so in less than a month i should be harvesting her (from what i read about)..

but i had to transplant this plant 2 times, which i know can slow a lot the progress.
She is 20 cm tall now, and already flowering good from what i see!
My question here is, is she gonna be a small lady, and i cant do anything about that, or can i try to harvest her a little later, let's suppose, instead i do it on 2th jully (which is the set date to harvest) i would do it 1 month later, 2th day of august (?)

if i do that will my buds be in danger of losing flavour or thc?
Or will it actually increase the yield and smoke flavour?

My real big question since shes to little, is if i can push her 12 or 13 weeks instead of 10 weeks.
I would really appreciate help on this because it is my first harvest ever, by my own.

i will leave here my journal about her so you can check how she did until now and what you think i should do.

TODAY PICTURES
gffg.jpg
IMG_20200608_190319.jpg
IMG_20200608_190323.jpg
IMG_20200608_190340.jpg

Nice plant!

All right big guy I’m gonna throw the smack down. Some is for now other parts for next grow.

With autos - don’t upcan or repot them, start them in a large final container aim for 3 gallons or better

With photos start in 20 ounce cup, when she grows up to 5 pairs repot or upcan to a 1 gallon container. Grow her out big in 1 gallon and get her totally rootbound then upcan to 5 or 10 gallon, the bigger the better. After 5 or 10 gallon run for couple weeks & flip to flower. Don’t upcan a weak plant.

Your existing pot looks like a 2 gallon container but it’s only 1/2 full of soil. Fill them up to within 3/4 inch of the top. Totally wasted space & now your girl is running outta steam

Never top an auto. It can be done but it’s a pro move requiring keen ability to read plants. It’s a common rookie mistake we all have made, no shame just move on. On autos use LST - it’s called low stress training for a reason.

You can’t intercourse with her time. An auto runs her own clock, she’s genetically designed to run fast, after a certain point growth will slow significantly no matter how long you give her. Look for brown, shrunken or receding pistils and of course watch the trichs. I think because she was stunted and in a very small container just grow her out. But in the meantime crank another round of seeds.

I read your journal thread Adjusting ph is not required in super-soils. The soil maintains its own ph level. Most likely you will need different nutrients, not sure what’s available in your country. Supersoil alone has enough nutrients to grow plants for 2 - 4 weeks without added nutrients. But regular home and garden type nutes don’t work well for our crop in both veg cycle & flower cycle.

Best to find cannabis or hemp specific nutrients some are Part A & Part B nutes but most need extra cal-mag added which is a separate product. Your typical big box hardware stores and most landscape & nursery type centers have tons of products but their stuff is not going to work. There are ways to make your own nutes but you gotta dig reading here.

Your environment is just as important as your lights. Temps and humidity matter.

Nice plant!

All right big guy I’m gonna throw the smack down. Some is for now other parts for next grow.

With autos - don’t upcan or repot them, start them in a large final container aim for 3 gallons or better

With photos start in 20 ounce cup, when she grows up to 5 pairs repot or upcan to a 1 gallon container. Grow her out big in 1 gallon and get her totally rootbound then upcan to 5 or 10 gallon, the bigger the better. After 5 or 10 gallon run for couple weeks & flip to flower. Don’t upcan a weak plant.

Your existing pot looks like a 2 gallon container but it’s only 1/2 full of soil. Fill them up to within 3/4 inch of the top. Totally wasted space & now your girl is running outta steam

Never top an auto. It can be done but it’s a pro move requiring keen ability to read plants. It’s a common rookie mistake we all have made, no shame just move on. On autos use LST - it’s called low stress training for a reason.

You can’t intercourse with her time. An auto runs her own clock, she’s genetically designed to run fast, after a certain point growth will slow significantly no matter how long you give her. Look for brown, shrunken or receding pistils and of course watch the trichs. I think because she was stunted and in a very small container just grow her out. But in the meantime crank another round of seeds.

I read your journal thread Adjusting ph is not required in super-soils. The soil maintains its own ph level. Most likely you will need different nutrients, not sure what’s available in your country. Supersoil alone has enough nutrients to grow plants for 2 - 4 weeks without added nutrients. But regular home and garden type nutes don’t work well for our crop in both veg cycle & flower cycle.

Best to find cannabis or hemp specific nutrients some are Part A & Part B nutes but most need extra cal-mag added which is a separate product. Your typical big box hardware stores and most landscape & nursery type centers have tons of products but their stuff is not going to work. There are ways to make your own nutes but you gotta dig reading here.

Your environment is just as important as your lights. Temps and humidity matter.

Hi man!

I appreciate so much your info!
So, i transplanted her because i was stupid and did not inform myself on how to grow an automatic, (but i already have a new only popped out, ina big pot this time. (its my second northen light, same strain, lets see how she goes)

this plant wasn't topped! actually she was "topped" but was not as you think, simply when giving her LST i broke 1 stem.

So
2 transplants
1 broke stem
upcan pot (i put another pot with soil below this one since i didn't want to transplant her the third time)

from what i see, this were my big 3 mistakes, and that is why she is not gonna be anything special!

And yes i know shehas a clock, and she gonna do her thing no matter what i do!!
i simply do not have the tools to look to those trichs,but i have to buy it.

about the nutes, i got ya, and in my country,in my residing area, there is not much about nutes.
I think that i will have to buy nutrients via ONLINE since the nutes you guys speake about are non-existent in my country... :(

and yes i've read about making nutes! probably gonna try it out who knows!

sofrom what yousaid, in the 10th week i have to harvest her (?)

Most of the Northern lights autos run way over 10 weeks. Three different plants all went about 90 days or 13 weeks.

Your's is in to small a pot to get much from it. Go directly from germination to a 5 or 7 gallon pot next time.

No worries guy, it’s not about blame, shit happens and you roll with it. No you don’t have to harvest her, you could go out to 12 or 14 weeks possibly if you desire, but at some point she will stop spitting out pistils and growth will halt so the extra time becomes a delay. It’s possible the buds fill out more but I’m thinking she’s already stunted and watching the clock to senescence. It’s a coin toss and the only way to really know is to run a pair side by side exact same conditions, harvest one at week 10 let the other go to week 12 and weigh results.

Good call on the upcan pot! Cut the bottom off & stick in another container, yep I’ve done that a time or three to fix stuff!

No worries guy, it’s not about blame, shit happens and you roll with it. No you don’t have to harvest her, you could go out to 12 or 14 weeks possibly if you desire, but at some point she will stop spitting out pistils and growth will halt so the extra time becomes a delay. It’s possible the buds fill out more but I’m thinking she’s already stunted and watching the clock to senescence. It’s a coin toss and the only way to really know is to run a pair side by side exact same conditions, harvest one at week 10 let the other go to week 12 and weigh results.

Good call on the upcan pot! Cut the bottom off & stick in another container, yep I’ve done that a time or three to fix stuff!

Alright man! So it's almost 10 weeks and she is looking like this!!! I think I will give her more 2 weeks after the 2nd of july.. she doesn't look not even close to harvest time...

Attachments

• IMG_20200619_204910.jpg
    IMG_20200619_204910.jpg
    725.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200619_204903.jpg
    IMG_20200619_204903.jpg
    749.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200617_204129.jpg
    IMG_20200617_204129.jpg
    725.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200617_204005.jpg
    IMG_20200617_204005.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20200617_203957.jpg
    IMG_20200617_203957.jpg
    842.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200617_203801.jpg
    IMG_20200617_203801.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20200616_165349.jpg
    IMG_20200616_165349.jpg
    848.9 KB · Views: 73
today!

Is that even possible with an auto 013? i read it is impossible

Attachments

• 20200622_033744_1.jpg
    20200622_033744_1.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200622_033809_0.jpg
    20200622_033809_0.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 59
  • 20200622_033744_0.jpg
    20200622_033744_0.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20200622_153727.jpg
    IMG_20200622_153727.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200622_153711.jpg
    IMG_20200622_153711.jpg
    725.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200622_153700.jpg
    IMG_20200622_153700.jpg
    835.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20200622_153658.jpg
    IMG_20200622_153658.jpg
    785.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20200622_153650.jpg
    IMG_20200622_153650.jpg
    863.7 KB · Views: 59
Looking nice and fresh! As 013 says, watch the trichomes - I only see white pistils, so the trichomes could be weeks away from full ripeness.

I just harvested 4 NL autos. Two went for 91 days and two went for 100 days, and at those times there was a little amber on the sugar leaves, but nothing to speak of on on the calyxes. I think both could have gone on for a bit longer; 10 days more or so. The seed supplier said 75 days.

My experience (noob'ish - only 18 plants so far, all autos) is that the autos I've grown do well with around 20% more time than the seed supplier suggested, and with that they naturally show some autumn colours on the lower fan leaves - now, that could to some extent be about my growing conditions, but not all of it.

Hey Alien, Apoc, Cosmos & Storm

Apologies life got in the way there! I’m just a newbie too guys nothing special here. I’ve done a lot of reading but this one actually happened to me.

I’ve seen an auto reveg due to an increase in light hours. (Timer malfunction) What happens tho is you are in mid flower & the plant stalls out then after what seems like 2 months - it starts pushing single blades leaves up top.... but the existing buds are stalled and never resume growing. Yes reveg is possible in that context. I finally chopped her and later rolled 3 J’s with the proceeds. I could have carried on growing her but I was pissed and didn’t want to hang another month hoping to coax one more joint.

But UNLIKE a photoperiod no it does not reveg in the historical sense. With a photoperiod plant you can grow from seed to harvest then at harvest if you are careful to leave some growth & fan leaves on the plant to keep drawing sap & auxins you can harvest the bud and then regrow from that same stalk.

An auto can’t do that because it’s programmed from ruderalis genes to go to senescence or final death.

Don’t pull the rip cord based on me tho. Keep growning that girl out until she gives signs that she’s done. Pistils will change color and go dark, they will shrink and get all wrinkled up, it will pull nutrients out of fan leaves causing them to change colors & eat them up.

Grow what works for you... photo auto indica sativa or hybrid. Then once you get some stash built up you can learn new methods and tricks. Then you can learn to increase harvest. Personally I hate autos mostly cuz I suck at growing them. I like the control of photoperiods. With that said I’m getting ready to jump into some autos just so I can build those skills. I’m gonna stick with soil for now but will try hempy style later

Swing by my journal anytime, gonna pop auto beans this week.

Looking nice and fresh! As 013 says, watch the trichomes - I only see white pistils, so the trichomes could be weeks away from full ripeness.

I just harvested 4 NL autos. Two went for 91 days and two went for 100 days, and at those times there was a little amber on the sugar leaves, but nothing to speak of on on the calyxes. I think both could have gone on for a bit longer; 10 days more or so. The seed supplier said 75 days.

My experience (noob'ish - only 18 plants so far, all autos) is that the autos I've grown do well with around 20% more time than the seed supplier suggested, and with that they naturally show some autumn colours on the lower fan leaves - now, that could to some extent be about my growing conditions, but not all of it.

Hey!! I mean thank you so much for this info u gave me! Crazy how we can grow almost 20 plants and still got a lot to learn :)

I've got 4 now growing including this one on this post hehe

2Nlights
1 gorilla
1 amnezia haze

Let's see how they do. I want to buy a tent and light so I think they will be better than this one

Im gonna buy a Mars Hydro ts2000

Hey Alien, Apoc, Cosmos & Storm

Apologies life got in the way there! I’m just a newbie too guys nothing special here. I’ve done a lot of reading but this one actually happened to me.

I’ve seen an auto reveg due to an increase in light hours. (Timer malfunction) What happens tho is you are in mid flower & the plant stalls out then after what seems like 2 months - it starts pushing single blades leaves up top.... but the existing buds are stalled and never resume growing. Yes reveg is possible in that context. I finally chopped her and later rolled 3 J’s with the proceeds. I could have carried on growing her but I was pissed and didn’t want to hang another month hoping to coax one more joint.

But UNLIKE a photoperiod no it does not reveg in the historical sense. With a photoperiod plant you can grow from seed to harvest then at harvest if you are careful to leave some growth & fan leaves on the plant to keep drawing sap & auxins you can harvest the bud and then regrow from that same stalk.

An auto can’t do that because it’s programmed from ruderalis genes to go to senescence or final death.

Don’t pull the rip cord based on me tho. Keep growning that girl out until she gives signs that she’s done. Pistils will change color and go dark, they will shrink and get all wrinkled up, it will pull nutrients out of fan leaves causing them to change colors & eat them up.

Grow what works for you... photo auto indica sativa or hybrid. Then once you get some stash built up you can learn new methods and tricks. Then you can learn to increase harvest. Personally I hate autos mostly cuz I suck at growing them. I like the control of photoperiods. With that said I’m getting ready to jump into some autos just so I can build those skills. I’m gonna stick with soil for now but will try hempy style later

Swing by my journal anytime, gonna pop auto beans this week.
OK I've read it all but I don't have much time to awnser now since I'm at work.

I simply didn't knew autos could get that wrong about reveging! But I do not think she is reveging, today some brown pistiks came out so I think she's growing the rest she needs in flowering :)

I run a TSL 2000 and am very happy with it. It was he best deal I could get here (in Europe) for features, price and warranty, and from others on the forum it seems the quality is fine.

I want that light but I'm just wondering is Mars Hydro is safe to buy from them since I got scammed 1 month ago. But they have 2 tsl2000 and the bigger one they just send to the UK I think

I got scammed 1 month ago
Ouch! (any rogue players you want to warn us about?)

Mars Hydro themselves are NOT scamming anyone. They're here in sponsor section, engaging with the community. I use Mars Hydro's own ebay outlet, "topledfactorystore" - they ship quickly from European warehouses. Got three lights and a tent from them over three orders with no problems.

Ouch! (any rogue players you want to warn us about?)

Mars Hydro themselves are NOT scamming anyone. They're here in sponsor section, engaging with the community. I use Mars Hydro's own ebay outlet, "topledfactorystore" - they ship quickly from European warehouses. Got three lights and a tent from them over three orders with no problems.

But did you order from ebay or from Mars? Sorry I'm slow today haha

Yeah WWW.LEDGROWSHOP.EU(UE)

THIS GUYS SCAM PRETTY BAD. They keep saying that they are out-of-stock and if you want another item for the same price. If you say no, they simply don't send it to you and if you say yes probably they send but idk. I simply know and spoke to a lot of people that bought from them and all of them were scammed. Some people made 900 euros purchases and never saw that money being refunded. So careful with those guys. That's what makes me mad, because they sell Mars Hydro items and they are big scammers.. I mean why does Mars keep working with them? Or they simply buy from them and them "sell it" without mard Hydro knowing it? I'm gonna check that Mars Hydro outlet on eBay :) much appreciated!!!!

The eBay "topledfactorystore" is Mars Hydro's own factory outlet on eBay - that's where I buy their products.

I suppose that MH, like all other brands that are distributing their product to other companies, can be unfortunate and have some resellers do questionable things. I see that shop advertising many brands, but I don't think we should hold those brands accountable for any bad service experiences by said shop.

The eBay "topledfactorystore" is Mars Hydro's own factory outlet on eBay - that's where I buy their products.

I suppose that MH, like all other brands that are distributing their product to other companies, can be unfortunate and have some resellers do questionable things. I see that shop advertising many brands, but I don't think we should hold those brands accountable for any bad service experiences by said shop.
Of course we shouldn't hold brands responsible! I simply do not know if Mh knows about it and if they can do anything about it or if it's simply out of their hand to provide material to those guys on ledgrowshop. But as Im thinking it's almost impossible. They simply can buy from Mars and sell in their website I think. But that's was my dilema!!!

Back
Top Bottom