Ok guys I have a question

Alltexan

I'm about a month out of harvest...she is filling out nicely. I've been called out of town and will be gone for over a month. She needs feeding every three days and I'm not on a watering system. Do I let her go or do I harvest her early....I'm leaving tomorrow and I don't know what to do

Re: Ok guys I have a question....

I'm about a month out of harvest...she is filling out nicely. I've been called out of town and will be gone for over a month. She needs feeding every three days and I'm not on a watering system. Do I let her go or do I harvest her early....I'm leaving tomorrow and I don't know what to do
You can't harvest a month early ...OR let It go a month with no food. at least if you leave it you can come back and sing to it.♩GFP

You can't harvest a month early ...OR let It go a month with no food. at least if you leave it you can come back and sing to it.♩GFP
Well at least I know now...I liked the singing idea though
420-magazine-mobile457988003.jpg
this is her as of yesterday

Well the first thing when growing from what I've been told is tell no one...so none of my friends know I even have her...so that makes it impossible to ask anyone....I've thought about putting her in nature but im going to have to do it now....at night

Well the first thing when growing from what I've been told is tell no one...so none of my friends know I even have her...so that makes it impossible to ask anyone....I've thought about putting her in nature but im going to have to do it now....at night

Why not hang a water bottle poke a hole and let it drip ever so slowly.

That plant is SO not ready.

If you put it outside, it's going to screw up the flowering period unless you live on the equator and your days/nights are pretty much a constant 12 hours each. That probably won't screw up the plant (I suppose you might end up with a few male flowers, depending), but your harvest date will probably change.

I'd hate to see you post (after you return) that your plant was eaten, stolen by rippers, confiscated, et cetera.

You didn't post the strain/breeder, so I couldn't check to see if the breeder lists an expected outdoor harvest date. Some strains have listed harvest dates as late as December. When does the weather turn cool/cold at your location (if it does at all)? I realize that yours is already in flower, but if you're receiving nearly 15 hours of light at your location, that could get a little wonky (or your plant might just start stretching and leafing whilst still attempting to continue flowering, or you might be fine). The switch from artificial light to sunlight might cause some stress since you do not appear to have time to "harden it off." Unless you've been giving your plant all of the light-energy that it can process (which... looks pretty doubtful, TBH) or you'll be placing it in an area that does not exactly get full sun all day long.

I would seriously hesitate to suggest that you find a helper, because that breaks the number one rule of growing cannabis. <SIGH> OtOH, lol, it does seem to be your best option. If you knew that the strain was compatible with your locality as far as flowering time (etc.) goes, if you'd planned for an outdoor grow from the beginning - IOW, prepared the soil so that it could support the plant's nutritional (and drainage) needs, or at least mixed in an adequate amount of something like Osmocote+ (which I wouldn't suggest now, because that'd end up releasing more nitrogen than you probably need - but that's just a guess, and if the idea has any appeal, you might ask about doing so in the huge Osmocote Plus thread). There are two people on the planet that I'd trust with the knowledge that I was growing cannabis. Unfortunately, I wouldn't trust one of them to pour p!ss out of a boot if the directions were written on the bottom of it. But I'd give the other person a crash course on How Not to Kill a Cannabis Plant and Incur TS' Wrath, then make sure the person had access to the grow, the various nutrients, measuring devices, meters, etc. I wouldn't be trusting him because I've known him for 35+ years (although that certainly helps), but instead because I've observed him take each and every beating that life has sent his way because he steadfastly refused to take the easy out, even when it was handed to him on a silver platter. He's the kind of guy who, if the worst ever somehow came to pass and LEO kicked down my door when he was babysitting my plant, and the cop asked him whose plant it was, he'd reply by asking, "Who are you looking at?" If you don't have a candidate like that, well... Stick it outside :rolleyes3 ....

Ok I found a solution...I gave the plant away to a buddy that gave me seeds a year ago...I wrote out the instructions for him about the lights and feeding. I told him harvest is about a month out and I'd harvest her when I got back. I just thought it would be better than putting it outside. This way I'll at least get half of the yield...sorry but I saw no other option....

You should have seen the look on his eyes when I showed him....I was laughing my ass off...

For the future, you can purchase a drip irigation system at Lowes. You still need a digital timer but for $30, you can set it up to drip as low as .5gallons / hour or 1/8 gallon every 15 minutes etc.....totally easy and cheap. Buy a battery operated timer in case of power outage ruining your settings.

I was able to purchase a battery operated timer online for $8 a piece. They work like charm, but the deliver time was slow (30 days from china). Worth a check for future needs.

That's a lot cheaper than the $14.99 (plus tax) that I spent on my timer. Of course, it only took me about 35 minutes to get mine ;) .

OtOH, mine does NOT have a user-replaceable battery, so when that part of the thing fails, I'll probably end up splitting the case apart, de-soldering the old battery, and soldering in a new one. I seriously doubt that the manufacturer bothered to include regular battery clips in something that was never meant to be opened by the customer. So if yours has a convenient battery door, and you can simply slide it off, tap out the old battery, pop in a new one, and replace the door... It may turn out to have been worth the wait.

During the early stages when a seedlings breaking through the soil. Is it normal to become tall skinny yellow ? I had them germinating in darkness but since I've turned the lights on they're looking a bit healthier although still skinny. Any advice welcome, thanks.

During the early stages when a seedlings breaking through the soil. Is it normal to become tall skinny yellow ? I had them germinating in darkness

You mean in a glass of water (damp paper towel, et cetera), so that the emerging rootlet is exposed... and you kept them in darkness? That would be good, because roots don't need light (and it's not good for them, IMHO). OtOH, if you mean that you planted the seed into soil (et cetera) and then kept the container in darkness... Why, lol? The sun doesn't go on hiatus every Spring until all the year's seeds have sprouted.

but since I've turned the lights on they're looking a bit healthier although still skinny. Any advice welcome, thanks.

What you are observing generally indicates a lack of sufficient light, your light source is too far away (which is another way of saying lack of sufficient light), or simply the wrong kind of light to begin with.

If you'd like to describe your setup, one could give more specific and useful advice.

BtW, Mcclumpit, welcome to 420Magazine.com - the most comprehensive (and friendliest) cannabis-information resource on the Internet.

Back
Top Bottom