I have questions

TheKONK

My do si dos has got way to big in my grow cabinet.. she is in hydro I want to take her and plant her in soil and put her outside.. I live in mass and want to know when’s the best time to put her out there and will she survive the transplant from Hydroponics to soil?

PLEAEE HELP I don’t want to lose her.. ☹️

I’m sorry I didn’t know where to post this…

ACB155E9-1850-478C-A04A-31D89658F813.jpeg

I don't see how you're going to transplant a root ball that size into soil. Would it be possible to dig a hole, fill the bottom with loose perlite/soil, put the root ball in and fill with perlite/soil mix? Even then I am not sure it would work.

If you are in MA you still have a month or more before outdoor planting. Have you considered taking clones and planting them outside?

I live in mass and want to know when’s the best time to put her out there and will she survive the transplant from Hydroponics to soil?

PLEAEE HELP I don’t want to lose her..
Safest thing is to cut the size back. Take cuttings for clones if you want.

There are several possible deal-breakers but if you can get around them the result will be one huge healthy plant with a nice harvest both in quality and quantity. Here are a few problems that have been mentioned before....

Moving a fairly mature plant from hydro to soil can be very touchy. The roots have adapted to being wet all the time and are supposedly weaker than the roots on a plant that has been growing in soil. Putting those roots into soil, even the best of soils, is going to break a lot of roots. Then the plant will have to adapt to the soil itself and make the switch over to having the soil micro-organisms provide what it needs.

Outside on May 8th is still a bit early. I use Boston as a reference and the "average" high temperatures will be in the mid-60s to 70 and the "average" low of 50. There is the chance that some of the days in the first half of the month will be more pleasant just as there are nights when it could drop into the 40s or maybe even the upper 30s. Unlikely it will snow. Moving a plant that large in a 50 gallon pot of soil in and out of the house until it 'hardens off' and the weather stabilizes is not going to be easy.

Last thing to consider is that the usable daylight. On May 8th the amount of total daylight will be approx 14 hours. But, the amount of daylight that will be usable by the plant will be approx 12 hours. There is a real good chance that the plant will start to flower. By the end of the month the amount of usable light will be 12 1/2 hours and that along with the weak light for the first and last hour of the day will be enough to start the plant back into a vegetating stage. We see it a lot here when just about every spring someone mentions that they had to watch their plant go into flower and then back because they put it out too early in the season.

The first one, the transplanting, is going to be the tough one to get around. The other two are fairly minor problems but they have to be considered.

Wow!!! Thank you for the info “smokingwings” I live in mass but I’m about 10 minutes from providence RI.. near the Fall River area.. I am going to take about 4/6 clones from her before I put her outside.. I have my fingers Crossed and I’m praying That because she is so healthy and thriving that she will make it.. I also have 5 more seeds of do si dos but I do know not ALL seeds produce the same.. I also have 5 cafe racers, 2 Black gorilla
2 birthday cake 2 headband all planted in soil that I started the last week of February.. all but the 5 cafe racers ( 4 inches ) are 12 to 15 inches tall.. so I will have a total of 11 plants growing outside.. 5 of them will be at a different location then my place.. in my bloom cabinet I have Bruce Banner 2.0 , Gelato And cafe racer all on week 4 of flowering.. do si dos is in the veg cabinet along with Monkey OG and do si dos pretty much over took half the cabinet and Monkey OG is big but half the size of do si dos.. I do plant on putting monkey og into flower as soon as Bruce banner 2.0 gelato and cafe racer are finished..

Sorry I didn’t break it all down into paragraphs like you did.. lol

Yes I have a lot going on..

2 days ago I moved Monkey OG a cup away from do so dos and I have to tell you the ROOTS on both monkey og and do si dos are ridiculously huge!!! The roots just about squeezed out of the cup hole..

I really hope that do si dos can make it outside.. when I fist started she was my favorite and my little pet who I took the most care of.. that strain looks amazing and the thc on her is very high as to all the other plants I have…

All the seeds I have 5 of each

Do si dos
Bruce banner 2.0
Gelato
Monkey OG
Cafe racer
Black gorilla
Birthday cake
Headbands
Shiskaberry
Peanut butter haze
Ghost train haze
Star Killer
Strawberry banana
Zkittlez
Future # 1

Wow!!! Thank you for the info “smokingwings”
Your welcome.

The were just things I have seen come up often, maybe as much as several times a year, and what I felt helps find an answer.

The second two are pretty easy to work around. The outdoor temps can stress the plant so it should be hardened off. And the amount of usable light means that there might be some loss of time while the plant switches back from starting to flower.

This is what bothers me.. at 7pm today I’ll take some pics of all the plants and post them here for you to see..

I don’t know how I can hardened them off.. they 50 gallon pot will be to big to move.. I was thinking about covering it at night also but I’m not sure about that

Bruce banner 2.0 on the left
The one in the middle is small that’s Gelato
The tall on on the right is cafe racer.. the first 4 close up shot is cafe racer buds.. the next Sunday will be week 4 into flowering..

8A2EB2C3-EFB2-4A48-A13E-F24981DE207D.jpeg

F751C5F1-3D42-492C-B86E-986A0C80455D.jpeg

37F05B3A-0E1B-43D3-B165-D0939F23E206.jpeg

069D3125-65D5-4CA4-B89C-81F2D98A987B.jpeg

This thread has been moved to Frequently Asked Questions.

We work hard to make 420 Magazine as navigable as possible for members and guests so that information can be easily found. We also want to ensure that your own thread receives the most appropriate responses, views or support.

:Namaste:

Do si dos is going into soil no later then Wednesday.. some of her top leaves are getting burnt by the light.. I’m taken 4 clones from her..what do you all think? Does anyone think I have a good chance of keeping her alive planting in soil? She is going into a 50 gallon smart pot..

1E96C009-EF7F-4DC9-BC6F-98E4C3995A28.jpeg

My outdoors plants are doing great.. I live in mass so I was thinking Mother’s Day to put them all outside what’s your thoughts on this? Or should I wait until the end of May? 2 Black gorillas, 2 birthday cakes, 2 headbands and 3 cafe racers.. I started the cafe racer about 8 days later then the others as cafe racer was a late choice to go outside..

A61071B1-D2CC-4934-BBCB-94747A71AF29.jpeg

DE5B3B77-D96E-4D7E-8A19-32FA051B3E88.jpeg

331CF1A0-6EA6-41AE-85DF-C21913C3F8B1.jpeg

9F54EDEA-EAF3-4B4C-A647-37ADFF86856A.jpeg

Bruce banner 2.0 on left, Gelato in the middle and cafe racer on the left.. this is my very first grow as I was learning how to grow.. I know I won’t get much buds but as long as the Quality is very good then I’m happy.. what do you all think?? The cafe racer is taken on the granddaddy purple color… this is why I decided to do 3 outside even tho I’m not sure I can get something super from her as she is a 10-12 week plant and I live in mass that will bring me close to the end of October.. just hoping we get a little warmer then normal October this year..

8C6BD0E2-27F3-4883-8F3A-862445B420C5.jpeg

C52045A3-EA25-44BE-9A9F-2A4D3FA0F957.jpeg

146EC6B5-D477-4F75-A16B-B72680F4F2A4.jpeg

66701F41-6480-4353-856D-3E50B523BB33.jpeg

9AD88B1A-BE61-4E09-9E72-A0ECCF7D461D.jpeg

0B49F1A6-F85F-4D75-B69A-005E10320E21.jpeg

A4FC233E-B886-4D15-81E9-C672E8C9820B.jpeg

18D8E182-B8A5-4ABD-AA68-05268ADE99D7.jpeg

B366685A-15BF-475C-A5A2-6499452675D9.jpeg

88E59C12-3392-496D-A4AF-8EC34C38458F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom