Auto's taking 2 weeks to germinate - help! UK (photos)

jahmid

Hello,

I planted 4 auto flower, cream caramel, seeds into 5L pots 2 weeks ago. I flushed the pots before placing the seeds. It has been just under 2 weeks. One has given up, another is doing ok (I think), the other 2 look like they could suffer the same fat as the 1st. Can anyone help me, any tips or advice will be well appreciated, even some re-assurance if I am being impatient.

IMG_0041100.JPG

IMG_0042103.JPG

IMG_004397.JPG

IMG_004499.JPG

Cheers,

Jahmid

:lot-o-toke:

That can happen sometimes if you bury them to far down, or pack the dirt on top of them to tight. I've also received dud seeds, so it really could be just about anything. Most of my good seeds pop up in 1 week. A few days past that I go digging to see what they're up to. I've found some that had their tap root, but just didn't have the energy to get to the surface. I've found others that the seed just never cracked. Never knew why, just pulled them and dropped a new one in.

If you are seeing green anywhere on the surface though, leave it be. If a stalk has emerged but it takes more than a day for it to push something green out of the shell, you can VERY GENTLY use some tweezers to assist the shell open. Squeeze them together and insert just into the edge and let the opening of the tweezers force the shell open just a tad. Don't worry about getting it all the way open or off. You're just giving a little assistance.

Ksum its been about a week mate, think I should go for the tweezer method then?

If im being honest this scares me, don't want to damage the plants. I might see if they grow any more tomorrow, if not then push on with this method?

Cheers

If it's been above dirt for a week then it may already be to late. If you can still see white or green on the stem then there's a chance to save it. If it's only been in the dirt for a week then it's your call.

Hold a finger behind the shell for support. Squeeze the tweezers closed, put the tip in and gently let it open. Once it opens a little, stop and see if you can see any green inside. If so, leave it be at that point. Once the green is exposed then it has the light energy to feed off of and start growing.

Hold a finger behind the shell for support. Squeeze the tweezers closed, put the tip in and gently let it open. Once it opens a little, stop and see if you can see any green inside. If so, leave it be at that point. Once the green is exposed then it has the light energy to feed off of and start growing.

Genius method ksum

If it's been above dirt for a week then it may already be to late. If you can still see white or green on the stem then there's a chance to save it. If it's only been in the dirt for a week then it's your call.

always thought I was being inpatient when I did that! Glad to see others use and recognize the value of this method! Reps+

Back
Top Bottom