Help Being Prepared For Awkward Questions

jahmid

Good morning 420,

So my 4 cream caramel seeds are shedding their seed casings as I type this. They are sat outside in the sun/greenhouse.

My neighbour, is a garden and vegetable enthusiast. He's loving the fact that I have a greenhouse, and we are slowly becoming better friends because we now have something in common - growing plants :) I have 4 5L pots for my weed, 2 tomato plants, a cucumber plant, and chilli plant.

I feel like its getting to the point where he is going to ask me what's growing from my 5L pots. Can anyone suggest to me, what I can tell him im growing instead or marijuana? just to throw him of the scent a little bit, bearing in mind he knows his shit when it comes to gardening. are there any similar plants? Eventually I will make the greenhouse more enclosed so its harder to see in, and so my plants are more camouflaged.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I feel like its just a matter of time until he askes, don't want to be rumbled so early on in the process.

Cheers,

Jahmid

Good morning 420,

So my 4 cream caramel seeds are shedding their seed casings as I type this. They are sat outside in the sun/greenhouse.

My neighbour, is a garden and vegetable enthusiast. He's loving the fact that I have a greenhouse, and we are slowly becoming better friends because we now have something in common - growing plants :) I have 4 5L pots for my weed, 2 tomato plants, a cucumber plant, and chilli plant.

I feel like its getting to the point where he is going to ask me what's growing from my 5L pots. Can anyone suggest to me, what I can tell him im growing instead or marijuana? just to throw him of the scent a little bit, bearing in mind he knows his shit when it comes to gardening. are there any similar plants? Eventually I will make the greenhouse more enclosed so its harder to see in, and so my plants are more camouflaged.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I feel like its just a matter of time until he askes, don't want to be rumbled so early on in the process.

Cheers,

Jahmid

tbh bro,dont tell him at all!!!just try to hide them or dont let him see or in the greenhouse!.
for me im growing in my garage,i always have little parties or friends over and we chill in the garage with my plants in there closures.also the only people that know im growing is my parents,and my 1 bestfriend.there are people out there that will rob you for your weed or plants,even if they are your friends!. THE LESS PEOPLE KNOWING THE LESS CONFLICTS!!!!

also if you feel like smell or if they are easily seen then try getting a venting setup with the filter...for me i keep my licensed gun in my house for potential robbers etc....

i recommend getting the filter for scent.it will keep neighbors from figuring out were its coming from and keeping possible conflicts gone!

:goodluck:

Yea I don't tell anyone about my grow, a few years ago I had a friend that would grow and he would always show them off to who ever was at his house and he would tell all his friends about it, and then like clockwork, every time his plant would get mature, it would disappear out of his backyard. He was really stupid about it, one time I remember he was telling everyone that he was going to harvest his plant the next day, the next day he woke up and guess what? His plant was gone, lol I couldn't help but laugh at him sometimes.

But yea if this guy knows anything about gardening then it's going to be pretty hard to bullshit him, cannabis doesn't really look like any vegetable plant.

Why lie to you new friend and neighbor, tell him the truth, and have your new friend guide you through this interesting hobby

I don't think letting people now about your ¨hobby¨ will serve any good purpose, but it is ultimately your call. Best wishes

You lot have been cracking me up. The only people I have told are my brother, and my girlfriend (who I live with). If I didn't live with her, I wouldn't have even told her, she loves to talk!

I'm more concerned about the inevitability of him asking what's being grown in the pots, I've had to stop him from going into my greenhouse twice. Just want to know, what plants grow and look like weed, just in case he does ask. I was thinking maybe hibiscus?

And OG :allgood: were not allowed guns in the UK. I do have a super soaker laying around somewhere, maybe I could squirt him with that if he gets too close again :)

Bliss89 : A good friend of mine told everyone about his plants too, same thing, he went one morning to harvest 9 huge ganja plants, and they were gone! He knows who did it too, but cant prove it/is a bit of a pansy.

Cheers guys!

Sound

Uk Huh...? we thoughts you were a legal grow usa based...? in them situations ..be nice and grow lots of similar plats to weed like bamboo, tell him you have a thing for tropical gardens, grow many plants same shape and color as weed, also you may have to 'engineer' and break up of this relationship, that should look like it came from him, like if he borrows some thing, returns it but you never got it back....sorry for the shit stir, as they say in the UK

He might get suspicious if you have to think up a new excuse every time he wants to check out the greenhouse.

Chances are, at least from my experience, that if he knows alot about growing plants in general, then he knows what a cannabis plant looks like, he may have even grown one before, which case you simply won't be able to hide it. There are plants that look similar, but none of them look exactly the same as cannabis.

Can you partition your greenhouse so the MJ is hidden, even if you have visitors? I would definitely grow other plants in the main "room" so you have a legit excuse to be tinkering around in there, maybe something fragrant or flashy?

Small maple trees and bamboo resemble Cannibus. In fact, I have a Japanese maple that, if it were not red, it would look a lot like a "weeping cannibus".

Sounds like a tough one. Have you thought about telling him the truth? You could say it's needed for medical reasons. Maybe it is for that matter, you didn't say.
It's sort of all or nothing with these things. Personally I prefer 'nothing' and keep it totally discrete and tell no one except my girl and one or two friends who can be trusted. What's done can't be undone, and ten years from now he will still associate you with cannabis probably. And there's no guarantee he can keep a secret. Hardly anyone can. Though maybe the fact that he likes gardening is a good starting point?
But it seems like, if the plants can't be hidden completely, and he is going to guess anyway, you'll be in a lot better situation having him onside than just lying to him all summer(?) But that's your call to make based on what ya think of the guy.
I suppose there is the other argument- he may suspect you and think less of you for lying to him- but suspicions aren't the same as totally letting the cat out of the bag...

I would not say anything, esp if you live where a personal grow is illegal. There is more at stake than avoiding a question. Go to a nursery and bring in some other plants. Create that partition. Make it hard to get into by snoopy neighbors.

Maybe you could just wait and when he sees your plants, you could say, "OMG, Is that Marijuana?" if he looks shocked, lol. If he smiles and goes on to smell your plants, you can then tell him that you love to grow. Maybe he has his own stash. Who knows? LOL. Just kidding.

If it's illegal where you're growing, don't tell him anything. Keep stopping him from entering your greenhouse, just like you have until now. My neighbor (who is also the owner of the house) stays in the ground floor and she has a habit of coming up and fondling all the plants. That's why I grow indoors :(

Loose lips sinks ship. Unless you're growing 100% legal, the fewer people that know, the better you are. More than one person has gone down for growing after they were ratted by a friend, neighbor, or jealous ex. Not everyone feels the way we do about this plant.

That said, invite him over one evening and casually bring marijuana into the conversation. If he's friendly, smoke him out. If not, don't. If he's friendly, build his trust, continue to smoke with him, and slowly bring him into your confidence. He might want to grow himself. That said, marijuana is VERY distinctive, even at a few weeks of growth. If he hasn't ID'd your plantain the 5L pots, he either doesn't know what the plants look like or he knows EXACTLY what he's looking at and voluntarily chose to keep quiet.

Play it as you will, but a secret is only as secure a you make it.

The number one rule of growing cannabis is DO NOT TELL ANYONE. NO ONE. Lock your greenhouse and stay away from it when ANYONE ELSE is around. Don't act suspicious about it, just take every precaution because this is something that can quite literally land you in jail.

Even the person you trust the most will eventually tell someone, and you have no way of controlling who that person tells, and so on and so on. Eventually a few people who you don't even know will know what you're up to, and that's a risk I would NEVER take. If the wrong person finds out, he'll tell the police everything he knows the first time he finds himself in a bind. Getting robbed would be the least of your worries.

This is a question no grower should ever need to ask. You value your freedom, don't tell anyone. You don't care about some jail time, tell people. The choice should be obvious.

I get what your saying, and 99% agree with that, GreenCaper. The number one rule for me is LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS. Almost the same as what you is saying above, but not quite. There is such a thing as mates who can be trusted. Live long enough and if you're lucky you'll find one or two. Hopefully you do because they are great to have in life. I've got some lifelong friends who have been through some heavy shit, a whole lot more serious than anything we are talking about on this site. They won't be changing their stripes, because the stripes are real, and neither will I. Not totally on topic under the circumstances. I'm just putting it out there- because the reality is- most of us do need to tell a friend or two to make our grows work. It's not the same as having loose lips.

While I'm busy playing devil's advocate, another point. We are talking about 4 plants. We have to figure out how to walk the line between doing what we want in life and living in fear all the time. Where I live the worst that could happen is 'the law' could come and chop them down and tell me I'm a bad boy. Laws do sound a bit backwards in the Uk. Figure out how you can grow them, if you can grow them, and then go for it. Don't get in to something unprepared. If this is actually a source of real paranoia for you then maybe best to rethink things. If he lives close enough to see them, then he will be smelling them for sure.

There is such a thing as mates who can be trusted. Live long enough and if you're lucky you'll find one or two.

I hear ya, but even my closest friends might let their guards down over a few drinks one night and let something slip. Doesn't mean they can't be trusted, it's just human nature. The wrong person can find out very very easily. Only my wife knows about my garden and if she didn't live with me she wouldn't know either.

Back
Top Bottom