Bad start!

SmokingOnCali

I germ one seed a few days ago in water and the trap root showed so i planted it, after three days no sprout. I left for Maryland for 4 days and i just left it on the heat mat with a humidity dome and I just got back today and my plants stem is white and twisted and the two "new" leaves are yellowish green. I put it under the lights as son as i got home. do you think it will survive? please help.

Re: Bad start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

hey bro, im no expert but you should probably post a picture of the seedling :) gl

Re: Bad start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Pic would be helpful. But it sounds like its got a descent chance of making it. As long as the leaves can pull in energy, it'll grow. For an honest opinion you would have to throw up a picture of it.

sounds like you left the dome on to long and this causes the humidity to be to high and causes problems, the other issue you may have is the growing medium, maybe it has to much nutrients in it,

so post us a pic and let us know what medium your using, also dont over water as this can cause the same problem, these plants need oxygen at the roots as much as they do water, so letting the pot dry out between waterings is the best option,

Im using a mix of organic topsoil and play sand, airy texture. I wont be using any nutes this grow, all natural.
Will put up pics later today:thumb:

what are you going to use if your not using nutes, will you be making teas so you can feed them that way, its possible to produce super soil which will support the whole plant from seed to harvest but regular soil grows need suplimenting a few weeks after planting, my plants go around 4 weeks in big pots with regular compost before they start to look a lighter shade of green which then tells me the plants are lacking in N and need something to give them a boost, so i use organic nutriens to give the plants what they need,

as long as your organic topsoil containts everything the plants need then you should be ok, super soil works pretty similar but that needs to brew for a while beforse its used,

Back
Top Bottom