Be My First Indoor Grow Start To Finish!

norcalgrown

nice to be on a grow forum first and foremost.:peace:
to anyone that comes on this thread I greatly appreciate the views.
this will be a indoor grow with a variety of strains with soil.
and for my choice of nitrogen for vegging i get this stuff from a
grow shop on the hush called pixie dust i believe he said.
i cant gather any info on it if anyone has any please lemme know.
it seems to work awesome.my budget is kinda tight and if i should switch to a line of nutes im open to suggestions. this is not my first grow just with indoor. I've had alot of half ass indoor attempts but this one with pull through all the way cause ill be here for the whole thing.
one thing ive learned cloning is not for everyone. and ppl i was relying on
talked more then they knew so....couple mistakes and episodes of misplaced trust here we go. but not sober... :ganjamon:

props to the website i love grow forums... most informational place to be.
:Namaste: :420:

So lets see. currently I've just started 18 blue dragon seeds.
Put 18 in germ and all 18 sprouted using the paper towel method in 24 hours
roots over an inch long. I was scarce on pots and supplies so I have 6 in little 3x3 plastic pots. and i put 2 to a pot for my 2g pots and three in one cause i ran outta soil. My soil of choice was Happy Frog. Since im in between money atm i couldnt get my hands on any soil additives so i had to go straight happy frog. no perlite or anything else added.this can be fixed when I transplant to 5g for veg and flowering after my plants are well rooted. i put river rocks that were thoroughly cleaned in the bottoms for drainage because there were gaping holes for drainage i assume they were part of a buckets system or something.

I have them in a spacious closet on top of the dresser using the hanger rod as a clamp light post. got them under two 40w cfl's it illuminates the area. But i shall be adding another clamp with a cfl as well as like 2 21in T5's from home depot that should be linkable.

Will have pics soon.

my flower room: is 8ft longx 6ft widex 10ft high
it has a 600w hps and a 1000w yield master 2 with interchangeable lights hanging from a steel light rack.
they are over looking 2 pineapple express 2 power vision 2 sour tsunamis 2 mangos and an east coast sour diesel. although this is my flower room it is in veg cause the yield master is new addition and i figured the first portion of their life they were under t5's then 600w hps for a month and the plants didnt take up the whole grow room so i figured veg with the hps and 1000w mh for 3 weeks then switch lights in the yield master to hps and flower with 1600w of hps im tying my plants to their pots for training methods and increase amount of light being absorbed by the plants by spreading out growth and training plants lower so i can make them bigger therefore not wasting any light..

Im not quite sure on the ventilation cause i do not have money for a cm fan to vent my yield master. my grow room is maintaining temps between 75-80 i figure thats optimal.

my veg room:is a 5x5 area illuminated with a 1000w yield master two with a mh bulb in it.cycle is on an 18/6 approach i will be vegging for next grow as well as maintain moms and take cuttings from this room theres alot of tricks to increase chances of cloning i would utilize them all. do as much research as possible cause it sucks watching clones die for two weeks after spending 100$ learning to clone. as well as the ventilation on this room it stays the same temps so i wasnt gonna vent it my shop gets cold anyway. this light is over looking a couple sour tsunamis, pineapple xpresses, a purple kush, a mango, power vision(never heard of this strain,any personal opinions on it?)
and i got two cloning trays easily hold 20 a piece with a 150w(i think) t5 setup over looking those.

my rooms are closed off with thick black plastic. im sure the plastic is absorbing light but i had no other means to block off my rooms any suggestions would be rad. and i got fans in both rooms circulating air.

ill accumulate pics for you guys. :thanks:

:high-five:

:grinjoint:

Re: Be my first indoor grow, start to finish!

So far i only see a couple of problems...growing multiple plants in 1 container...if both turn out to be fem...separating plants with entangled roots could kill both plants...that much light...that many plants..you are going to need ventilation...get rid of black plastic..flat white paint will reflect...if nothing else use cardboard to separate rooms..paint it white...post pics...:goodluck:

sry forgot to mention i have an in wall air conditioner that has a purge setting that will ventilate the grow room completely i just wasnt sure if not having a cm fan on my 1000w would be an issue.and i did take the multiple plant in a container thing in accordance but after gemrinating them i almost lost all of them cause i didnt get the pots i was supposed to it was a last minute decision cause i already waited so long to plant them that if i waited another day for individual puts for all they would have died so i said fuck it. so if i get a male and a female in same pot and i cropped male would said males roots be an issue being left with the females roots.? would they rot? id assume so.
i was considering getting pots in 3 days when $ comes my way should i pull em outta the 2g and repot them before root system entagles? this is day 2 in soil for these pretty little babies so i got room to work before roots go nuts
THANKS!

and carbon filters not an issue if your close enough to smell my grow your getting eaten by my blue nose pit XD

...get rid of black plastic..flat white paint will reflect...if nothing else use cardboard to separate rooms..paint it white...post pics...

i wish i could then only thing separating grow rooms with light cycles is my black plastic XD maybe add reflective material to it? id need a bunch of panda film and don't have that budget. how bout some mylar or something... hmmmm...cardboard is an interesting idea i would need so much though. and that wont be consistent for light leaks or to close the space i have off. its like a 10ft tall ceiling shop thats like 50x50 plus cardboard sounds like a fire hazzard.

THAKS! i love the help and suggestions also in a separate area i wanted to try out a awesome t8 overdrive technique that makes them brighter then a t5 so i was thinking like a small veg room with 2 overdrive t8's on wall on a track system so i can easily raise and lower it. with 4 overdrive T8's above the plants with maybe some led side lighting.. lemme know what you think of this.i want t5's but after obtaining this overdrive method the price for them seems useless i mean im sure their more cost effective energy wise. and overdriving t8's do lower bulb life to like a year but thats still great for me.

also wondering if anyone has built their own ballast in a housing?
or built your own cool tube light? ive seen a few of these projects and am greatly interested. is going and building my own ballasts as effective as a name brand mfg company made? also what kinda housing for the capacitor and transformer(and ignitor if building hps) should i use. maybe home depot has something i could use. some nifty closeable metal shell i can drill through and secure parts and cords while venting exhaust that wont risk shock or fire or personal harm. i know how much everyone will wanna warn against wiring your own stuff but im a DIY'er much love.

sry forgot to mention i have an in wall air conditioner that has a purge setting that will ventilate the grow room completely i just wasnt sure if not having a cm fan on my 1000w would be an issue.and i did take the multiple plant in a container thing in accordance but after gemrinating them i almost lost all of them cause i didnt get the pots i was supposed to it was a last minute decision cause i already waited so long to plant them that if i waited another day for individual puts for all they would have died so i said fuck it. so if i get a male and a female in same pot and i cropped male would said males roots be an issue being left with the females roots.? would they rot? id assume so.
i was considering getting pots in 3 days when $ comes my way should i pull em outta the 2g and repot them before root system entagles? this is day 2 in soil for these pretty little babies so i got room to work before roots go nuts
THANKS!

if you don't have heat issues in your rm...you don't need fan on light...if you have m and f in same pot...cut m at ground level...no issures with m roots..one thing u could have done is put some type of devider in pot to keep roots separate...i did that before...

if you don't have heat issues in your rm...you don't need fan on light...if you have m and f in same pot...cut m at ground level...no issures with m roots..one thing u could have done is put some type of devider in pot to keep roots separate...i did that before...

no heat issues.im glad you assume theres no problem with male roots in there i figure they'd either rot or get consumed by females new root growth. plus i might like a female and male in one regardless then i could make its own room and score me a couple hundred blue dragon seeds :p i see no complaining there. a divider would be an interesting thought. ill think about that over next day or two. might have a rubbermaid container i can cut up and make some dividers out of :thanks:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom