My First Journal

go4snypr

Ok, I have been posting on this site for a few months now but I think it is time to try a journal to see if I can get any pointers for a better grow. Here is my setup.

Veg - room is about 10x12, we have it lit with 2 Mh lights totaling 1600w.
in veg the plants are getting General Hydroponics nutes (micro,grow and bloom). We actually contacted to company for a feeding chart for cannabis, not sure if they know for sure but the plants appear to do very well in the veg room. Everything is a nice dark green and looks very healthy (I will post pics in the next couple of days)

Flower. the room is about 12x15. We are running 3 x 1000w hps, and 1x 1000w hps/mh combo bulb (non cooled hoods). The walls have made white with "panda polly". (i think that is what it is referred to black on one side white on the other). We have a 420cf/m discharge fan in the room that is blowing up an old chimney, and the intake is a 175cf/m fan that is drawing air into the room thru a vent from the upstairs, also the door to the room is left open with a fan in the door to blow air in from the rest of the basement as well. Now that it is summer, the temps are running into the mid to high 80's and they were getting worse, so we changed our lighting so that the lights are on during the night. This did not help as much as we had hoped. So the temps are in the high 80's with lights on and low 80's with lights off.

In the flower room we run anywhere from 24-32 plants give or take. They are on about a 2 week rotation from each other, so we are cropping off every 2 weeks. We started with bag seed back in December, and now we are growing Master Kush, OG kush, Purple Kush, and Sweet purps. (dutch passion, paradise seed, reserva privada, and Jordan of the Islands).

All of the plants are in sunshine mix #4, and get re-potted every few weeks into larger pots, and they are being finished in about a 3 gallon pot (i think, just goin off memory as lights are off).
We have never checked the humidity.

For the most part the grows have been going quite well, until now lol.. the reason for this journal.

I will get photos posted to give you all a general idea of what we are working with, and I will be open to any and all criticism as these high end seeds are not producing the meds we were after. I am assuming it is something we are doing wrong.

We just cropped off 6 Master Kush, and 2 Sweet purple plants, both went about 65 days, and no I didn't look at trics. We have 6 more master kush and 4 more sweet purps that are within a couple of weeks of harvest. They have been on flush for about 8 days already, but the guy in charge like to give a 2-3 week flush. (overkill?? I think so). any ways, the Master Kush are yellowing off very quickly, first the large fan leaves go yellow, and then the little leaves around the buds are yellowing and dying. They are getting crispy, almost like they are burnt. The guy in charge (dad), thought the heat was way to high, and thought maybe the plants were drying out, so he over watered the hell out of a couple. One is dead for sure, and another not far behind. (pics will be up when I can get back into the room with lights on). So hopefully this will give a general idea of where we stand, and once I get some pics up I will be happy to hear from peeps. With any luck I will actually follow thru with this journal and hopefully end up with the meds that dad is looking for.

Definately intetested in following along snyper. +Reps for starting a journal and sharing your grow with us!

subscribed. a final flush is meant to use up all the nutrients in the medium not meant to have the sugar leafs die off on the buds, 2-3 weeks it too long to flush without nutrients. here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs in your journal.

Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Ok party people. this journal is gonna be a little backwards. Here are a couple of pics of the plants that are being harvested right away. I will get some pics of the veg plants tomorrow (my camera died after 3 pics). Then I will work in an orderly fashion to bring you the finished product of the next batch. You can tell by the pics that we have a problem. Dad figures it is a heat issue, I think possibly nutrient def. as everything is going yellow very fast. But you can tell by the pics that the little leaves are dying off like fan leaves and even getting crispy. Any ways on the to show....
20130728_192207.jpg

20130728_192224.jpg

20130728_192202.jpg

We have made some minor changes to our flower room, as dad is convinced it is a heat problem and its his show. So, we split the flower room up into two rooms. We now have 2 rooms with 2000w each, one is very well ventilated, and one was just thrown together on the other side of the house to keep movin on. The plant above is the last of the plants before we pulled out 2 lights from the one room and moved them to the other room. Again, temps for this plant was high 80's possible low 90's, and this pic is probably about 2 weeks into a flush already....

That bud still looks dence man, good grow on that one, on you next grow, when you start your flush i pluck, or pre-trim, the dead, dieing leafs from the plant, and try to get most of the fan leafs from the bud that i can before they dry up into the bud, makes trimming the bud 90% easyer later lol learned that the hard way first time i did that, it also makes the smoke lot smoother because you have less dried stem or leaf ffrom the fans that shrink into the bud from drying/dieing process.

also, for heat issue you do have both rooms vented right? (have to ask lol)

The buds actually look pretty good when you trim them up, I dont think they are quite done, gonna look around for a good magnifier today, cause the last one I picked up was a real POS, and yeah both rooms are vented. One was just a throw together, so we need to do some electrical work to get both ballasts up to 1000w, they are currently tripping the breaker at that wattage, so they are running at 600w.

i feel yha on that, i had to run 2 dedicated lines to my upstairs grow and had to figure out what lights hooked up to what would trip the breaker and what wouldnt haha, plus i had couple run ins with timers geting stuck on X (

looks like you have alot of room to work with and heat/cool lol good luck on that

also are you just using that one hood in the photo?

if the stems are crisp and snap, then he is probly right, leaving under lights at that moment can only make it worse, if you want, stick it in a dark room, your basicly "killing" the plant at the end and light is part of its food, starve that mother!

i feel yha on that, i had to run 2 dedicated lines to my upstairs grow and had to figure out what lights hooked up to what would trip the breaker and what wouldnt haha, plus i had couple run ins with timers geting stuck on X (

looks like you have alot of room to work with and heat/cool lol good luck on that

also are you just using that one hood in the photo?

No that hood is in the veg room. I have 4 shades for the flower room too. Just moved the plan to take a pic.

Ok been slacking off on this, so i better get in gear. Here is a pic the veg room
20130807_201040.jpg
. We havent been having too many troubles, I think the heat stunted the growth of the clones, you can see them in the middle there, and they are over 3 weeks old, maybe up to 5. Otherwise all looks good in there. the Sweet purps in the bud room is going onto week 4 of flower, they are looking good here are the pics
20130807_201054.jpg
20130807_201100.jpg
20130807_201109.jpg
We have some sort of deficiency though, not sure what it is, here is a pic of the leaf
20130807_201119.jpg
. Interested in thoughts on this one. I am really hoping these ones turn out, the smell and taste has not been there on previous plants, I think we have not been drying the buds enough and curing the buds too soon and they are too wet, so I think that is what is causing the "hay" type smell, cause everything smells good before we start the dry and cure process. Nothing ever smells mouldy, but cant get that nice ganja kush smell.

Back
Top Bottom