Beginner level questions

H20gro

Hello all. What a great forum! I have grown DWC before on a small scale and am beginning another small operation. Space is limited, so i have a 4x2 tent and a separate closet that has about a 3x3 area to grow.
I currently am using a marshydro tsw 2000 for veg. My plan is to buy a 4-8 light t5 flourescent light to put in the closet for vegging mother and clones while using the marshydro led in the tent for bloom/flower.
Id like to maximize yield, of course, and be able to start flowering as soon as i harvest. Whether that meets the technical definition of a perpetual grow i dunno, but i wanna get as much as i can as often as i can if quality flowers.

i have 5 gelato cake seedlings currently (again, under mars 2000), and am awaiting delivery of grandaddy purple x3, gorilla glue x1, and another that escapes me at the moment.

using general hydro 3 bottles of micro/veg/bloom as ive done before. Seemed to work well w dwc.
So, a long way of asking your opinions on my second light ynder this proposed configuration???
Seems i should be able to clone and veg mother under t5 in closet, but if i decide to have the t5 for straight vegging, will that be sufficient? I could always clone and keep mother in a smaller cabinet somehow i suppose. Anyway, im glad this forum is here and request all the feedback i can get. Thanks in advance!

Hi h20gro. Welcome to 420
I've kept a mother plant and a few clones happy under a 2ft 4bulb t5, that 4ft 8bulb you've got will do a job for you. Just keep it close to the top of the plants.

How much is the t5 you're planning to buy? Sometimes it can be a similar price to a LED light.

Hi h20gro. Welcome to 420
I've kept a mother plant and a few clones happy under a 2ft 4bulb t5, that 4ft 8bulb you've got will do a job for you. Just keep it close to the top of the plants.

How much is the t5 you're planning to buy? Sometimes it can be a similar price to a LED light.
Thanks for the reply listersmegahead. The price was similar, so is led thay much better? And versatile i suppose.
Thinkin now that another mars2000 is the way to go. It has a dimmer if i need it for mother/clones and can be daisy chained to current one if i ever need to (I believe). And if thats too much light for clones/mother i can always start clones in a small dome and mive to a dimmed mars 2000 w mommy. Or? Thats where my thc soaked mind is right now anyway.
Anyone have thoughts on this or the mars 2000 specifically?

thanks again

If you have the budget another LED would be best for a couple of reasons. One is for the power used you get more light. Two is you will not have the risk of light shock with some strains from going from fluorescent to led. Don't get me wrong T5 work great I used a 4ft 4 bulb for a couple years in the past. Listersmeghead post is a very good one.

If you have the budget another LED would be best for a couple of reasons. One is for the power used you get more light. Two is you will not have the risk of light shock with some strains from going from fluorescent to led. Don't get me wrong T5 work great I used a 4ft 4 bulb for a couple years in the past. Listersmeghead post is a very good one.
Excellent. Thanks co finest!

Back
Top Bottom