Beginner nute question please help!

Kwest8383

Ok quick question, real simple I think.

I’m going to use AN’s grow then bloom for base Nutes. There feeding schedule/calculator calls for “X” amount for week 1, then “Y” for week 2 and so on....

For week 1 would I divide up “X” Into daily amounts? I’m growing in coco so I’ve read feed daily.

Another calculation I’ve seen says mix Nutes to say 700ppm for a certain week. So do I feed a 700ppm solution daily or is that what I’d give them for that entire week?

Thanks for any and all help!!

I'm sure someone else will chime in here after my comment. Everything I've read from the pros on here says feed twice a day with 1/4 recommended dosage. Be sure to get your pH correct also.

I just started some babies in Coco, my 1st Coco grow, in Solo cups

Doing 1/4 strength nutes and watering AM and PM, just an oz or two to keep em wet

i grow in cocopeat.
my nutes calls for X amount in a gallon of water.
i feed every two days, except for the beginning of veg when i let it dry out to encourage root growth.
at the beginning when i use nutes i use 50% of X amount of nutes mixed into EVERY GALLON that i feed with.
increase that amount a little bit every week until close to the reccomended dosage.
i never use the actual amount reccomended.

for example, my nutes reccomend say 20ml mixed per gallon during veg.
i start my first week of actual veg with 5ml.
next week up it to 10ml and give a dose of calmag.
next week 15ml and no calmag.
continue with 15 ml and no calmag next week.
if i am feeling adventurous i will give the total 20ml and monitor until the next watering(2days) and look for nute burn.

if i see nute burn i drop back to 15ml
if no nute burn continue with 20ml

even if you give the full dose and the plant handles it nicely with no burn, there is still a chance it may burn after a few weeks of a full dose.
the minute you see any burning, resuce feed back to 15ml

hope that help, again that is just an example with my own canna nutes, you may have to tinker with your own formula.
important to not just give full dose feedings fromthe start.
plants like gradual changes, nothing in nature happens overnight, NO SUDDEN CHANGES
Hope that helps, i wish when i first started growing someone would have explained it that simply to me

Ok quick question, real simple I think.

I’m going to use AN’s grow then bloom for base Nutes. There feeding schedule/calculator calls for “X” amount for week 1, then “Y” for week 2 and so on....

For week 1 would I divide up “X” Into daily amounts? I’m growing in coco so I’ve read feed daily.

Another calculation I’ve seen says mix Nutes to say 700ppm for a certain week. So do I feed a 700ppm solution daily or is that what I’d give them for that entire week?

Thanks for any and all help!!

If you ask AN, they will say to use recommended strength at each feeding. That’s what they told me when I specifically asked their growers support line. I wasn’t sure if I should divide it by feedings per week. They said no. However, I found anything over 3ml/L of base nutes caused burn. For my tester, it was around the 1350ppm mark for 3ml/L. I also had some pretty bad calcium deficiency, in spite of them claiming I didn’t need to add an additional cal/mag source.

I used Micro Grow Bloom PH perfect.

I'm sure someone else will chime in here after my comment. Everything I've read from the pros on here says feed twice a day with 1/4 recommended dosage. Be sure to get your pH correct also.
I just started some babies in Coco, my 1st Coco grow, in Solo cups

Doing 1/4 strength nutes and watering AM and PM, just an oz or two to keep em wet

What they said /\

If you ask AN, they will say to use recommended strength at each feeding. That’s what they told me when I specifically asked their growers support line. I wasn’t sure if I should divide it by feedings per week. They said no. However, I found anything over 3ml/L of base nutes caused burn. For my tester, it was around the 1350ppm mark for 3ml/L. I also had some pretty bad calcium deficiency, in spite of them claiming I didn’t need to add an additional cal/mag source.

I used Micro Grow Bloom PH perfect.
I used to use AN key word used to and I also used the help line and I also burned the crap outta my plants ...I even burned them at 1/2 strength . I also shake my nutes before mixing and I would always notice ALOT of sediment in the bottom every time I went to mix feed . I have since switched to Current culture nutes and I can say they have to been the cleanest I have ever used …when I mean clean they do not build up salts around the tops of the nute bottles as well as in the medium and mix very nicely . When mixed if I mix up a weeks worth for my coco ( I give it a stir before each feed , I only feed once a day but run until I have about 40-50% runoff) the solution looks the same as when I originally mixed it and with the an it never did , it always looked like something feel out of the solution …..only lines I have used are GH,AN and CC.

Back
Top Bottom