Best bang for the buck in a veg only LED light?

OttawaGreen

Looking for around 300w real draw.
Wondering if there is a best bang for the buck for veg only. Don't want to but an expensive one. Some have veg switches which just turn off a third of the bulbs making it look bluer purple. Is 1/3 less leds lit really better than all lit? So for discussion if I want to go for a veg only led setup what is the best bang for the buck and why?

Thanks for your help!

OG

Dear Ottawa,

Right now, if you want veg only lights, we only have mars II veg spectrum lights. If you want a 300w real draw, I suggest you order the mars II 700w veg spectrum lights, which has a 3.5x3.5 coverage.

Do you still remember the bar led I told you before? The real draw of the light is 40w, if you need 300w, you will need at least 8 one, and the price will be higher than the mars II 700w veg lights. Therefore, I suggest you use our 700w veg lights. Hope this helps.

best regards,

Sara

I am thinking of building a new bloom cabinet and using my 2'x4' cabinet for veg only. Does a mars2 400w work on a light mover or am I better to get the 700?
This will be for clones l, seedlings and veg only, no bloom.

I think I will go with the Mars 2 400w it says $189 + $20 freight so $209 total. For mars 2 it says "
The proportion of different lights can be specified by the customer. We recommend the ratio (red: blue) 8:1 or 7:2, or (red, blue, orange) 7:blushsmile:1, with mixed light to the plants."
So Sara what recommendation do you make? I want to get this started I can't pass up that price and with an added Agramover it should work great at 14" high moving back and forth on a 2'x4' cabinet.

Thanks,
OG

Hi man,

I use mars hydro 300w "old model" for both veg and flower with great success. In used 250W HPS before for same purpose.

I have to say... no difference. Seedlings stretch more before first leafs come out, because lights are far away. After that it's a smooth sail, i guess i can say first weeks are a bit slower but no difference at all come flowering time.

Just my two cents. Here is a pic of silver haze that has grown under mentioned led light from day zero.

IMAG078810.jpg

Back
Top Bottom