How important is a good light in veg?

THC Onlyfans

hey guys and gals, so I have a dilemma.....currently have 2 tents but only 1 is setup and I'm thinking about setting up the other so I can have a seperate tent for veg and flower. Problem is I have 2 lights, mars TSW2000(300w draw) and oneo 1000w led (190w draw).....the tsw2000 is superior to oneo so I definitely want to flower with it.....so will the oneo be okay to use during veg until they go into the flower tent? Will the roots just grow slower or overall grow smaller and thinner? Is it worth vegging with a smaller light?

buying a new light right now is not an option.....though I dream of this daily

hey guys and gals, so I have a dilemma.....currently have 2 tents but only 1 is setup and I'm thinking about setting up the other so I can have a seperate tent for veg and flower. Problem is I have 2 lights, mars TSW2000(300w draw) and oneo 1000w led (190w draw).....the tsw2000 is superior to oneo so I definitely want to flower with it.....so will the oneo be okay to use during veg until they go into the flower tent? Will the roots just grow slower or overall grow smaller and thinner? Is it worth vegging with a smaller light?

buying a new light right now is not an option.....though I dream of this daily
I’m flowering with the spider farmer 1000 and using it to veg as well, But you really only need a few fluorescents to save money on the bill for veg stage! But I’d use your mars to flower or use the both in same tent and just use a few cheap fluorescents for the veg tent.

I grow from start to finish with that Oneo light, so it'd be great for veg in up to a 4'x4'.

That will be a totally sufficient veg light. I would use it and figure out a good timing that works for you. Meaning with the 190w draw you wont be able to grow very large plants you can bend them and train them all you want but when your plants get to a certain stage they are going to need more light.

That will be a totally sufficient veg light. I would use it and figure out a good timing that works for you. Meaning with the 190w draw you wont be able to grow very large plants you can bend them and train them all you want but when your plants get to a certain stage they are going to need more light.

The plants will veg with the ONEO light, i had to mess with the hangers so now it's moved up to the very top of the tent. plants are getting about 20-25k lux now. They will be put into the flower tent once they are bigger.

Now you said they wont be able to grow very large, is this from vegging with ONEO light or flowering with the ONEO light?

Good Morning,780grow!
@carcass hey man! About your oneo light, do you remember what height you had them at? And did u use the bloom switch fairly early in veg?
My oneo is fixed at 37" from the floor,so I stick spacers under the plants,and remove them as the plants get bigger- I try and keep the light about 20" from the top of the plant,but that shrinks to about ten inches toward the end- if they get much closer than ten inches, the plant keeps growing, but the top leaves start to canoe a little bit.
My oneo only has one switch...but if it had veg and bloom switches, I'd run them both all the time.
My son, @13goody13 just grew a 7.5oz. Tangerine Dream auto with one of these Oneo lights, so they will
grow a decent plant to full term.
The trick is to spread them out and keep them fairly short.
I got 11oz from 2 autos with mine,so they're pretty good for a cheapo light- I just bought another one for backup- My original one is still working fine, but it has been running 12 - 19 hours a day for over a year now,so I got a spare "just in case"

Good Morning,780grow!

My oneo is fixed at 37" from the floor,so I stick spacers under the plants,and remove them as the plants get bigger- I try and keep the light about 20" from the top of the plant,but that shrinks to about ten inches toward the end- if they get much closer than ten inches, the plant keeps growing, but the top leaves start to canoe a little bit.
My oneo only has one switch...but if it had veg and bloom switches, I'd run them both all the time.
My son, @13goody13 just grew a 7.5oz. Tangerine Dream auto with one of these Oneo lights, so they will
grow a decent plant to full term.
The trick is to spread them out and keep them fairly short.
I got 11oz from 2 autos with mine,so they're pretty good for a cheapo light- I just bought another one for backup- My original one is still working fine, but it has been running 12 - 19 hours a day for over a year now,so I got a spare "just in case"

those are some good numbers you guys pulled! I've got them at about 30" right now but once they recover from transplant shock I should be able to get it down to 20"-24" and leave them there till they are big enough to flower.

Thanks for the response!

I’ve owned probably 6 different LED lights ‘similar’ to the Oneo, but none of them performed like it did. It’s the spectrum, it’s just dialed in perfect. Was saying the other day too how plants move seamlessly into sunlight as well. That’s a huge plus to eliminate that shock period and leaf die off. It puts out a low/average amount of heat, which isn’t much at all. Plus no annoying pink light to conceal. And it keeps getting cheaper!
:blunt:

The plants will veg with the ONEO light, i had to mess with the hangers so now it's moved up to the very top of the tent. plants are getting about 20-25k lux now. They will be put into the flower tent once they are bigger.

Now you said they wont be able to grow very large, is this from vegging with ONEO light or flowering with the ONEO light?

You can grow decent plants with the light but with 190 watts drawn from the wall you can only grow them so big before you have to put them into flower. How many you are trying to grow plays a big role in how long you willl be able to veg before there is not enough light to go around.

I definitely feel like it’s only enough light for 1 large plant or 2 smaller ones. I ended up moving the other plant out and grew that one alone to get the 7.5 oz. it also started flowering at like 18-19 days. I currently have a photo (chemdawg) all alone and about 1/2 way through flowering now, it’s looking sweet so far.

Attachments

• 39375E7D-B9FE-4ED0-9220-DBE40969657B.jpeg
    39375E7D-B9FE-4ED0-9220-DBE40969657B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
I’ve owned probably 6 different LED lights ‘similar’ to the Oneo, but none of them performed like it did. It’s the spectrum, it’s just dialed in perfect. Was saying the other day too how plants move seamlessly into sunlight as well. That’s a huge plus to eliminate that shock period and leaf die off. It puts out a low/average amount of heat, which isn’t much at all. Plus no annoying pink light to conceal. And it keeps getting cheaper!
:blunt:

Awesome! I havent done a complete grow with this light yet. Upgraded a couple times since so have only used it partially. Ill definitely use this for my veg tent.
You can grow decent plants with the light but with 190 watts drawn from the wall you can only grow them so big before you have to put them into flower. How many you are trying to grow plays a big role in how long you willl be able to veg before there is not enough light to go around.
I hear ya on that...i got the light in a 32x32x62...not even close to being big enough and its short as hell. First time im attempting perpetual so just trying to mske it work with what i got on hand, and to keep the costs down.

What do you think?
Tent is 32x32
Good Morning, 780!
That should work fine for vegging- you might have to rotate the plants occasionally, since it might be a little weak around the edges- or it might not, you'll just have to see if growth around the edges seems slower than growth in the center of the tent .
I'm in a 24x24, so I can't positively say it'll be ok, but I think for veg, it'll be fine.
I use mine from sprout to harvest, but I only grow 2 plants at a time.

Good Morning, 780!
That should work fine for vegging- you might have to rotate the plants occasionally, since it might be a little weak around the edges- or it might not, you'll just have to see if growth around the edges seems slower than growth in the center of the tent .
I'm in a 24x24, so I can't positively say it'll be ok, but I think for veg, it'll be fine.
I use mine from sprout to harvest, but I only grow 2 plants at a time.

Hope the morning went well and was inclusive of a puff or 10!
When i put a lux meter it definitely reads much lower around the edges. However if the light is higher it does spread a little more but then the center lux intensity decreases....im assuming i will just need to find a happy medium in height that will benefit all!

Back
Top Bottom