Need help with a light

billfree01

I had a great grow in 2014 through 2016.

I was setting up again and I am looking for a new LED grow light. Looking for the biggest bang for the buck. I veg in a 4x4 tent. Flower in a 4x8 2nd tent. Any advice?

Wow. Over my head. I’m getting old but I am taking a guess DIY or plot and play.
DIY DO IT YOURSELF?
Plug n play = just plug it in

Mars Hydro is regarded pretty high on 420, and for good reason. Their line is reasonably costed and there's lots of evidence on grow journals here that they work very well!

For a 4x4 space, two of the following lights from @Budget LED will kiil it in there.

This is a 250w Series 3 Red Spec. It retails for $349, but with the forum discount code (5% off) it makes it about $330 each. Shipping is free.

You would need two, as each one covers a 4x2 area for flower. I say two lights like this vice a single fixture as it gives a little room to tweak their positions compared to a single light.

These are quantum board style lights, full white light, and each board only uses 250w.

There are cheaper lights, there are more expensive lights. These lights use the top of the line LED's (Samsung, Osram, and LG, all top bin) and come with a dimmer installed. Pull the light out of the box, attach driver to back of heatsink, hook up 2 wires (easy connector), hang it, and plug it in. Heat? Nah. Of course they'll raise your temps a little bit, but on full blast 2 of them only raised the temp in the tent about 6f to 8F above ambient room temp.

I've purchased 4 of these lights so far, and they're excellent. Can't recommend them highly enough. On top of all that, they have incredible customer service, are a US company (Michigan), and are also Veteran owned.

For a 4x4 space, two of the following lights from @Budget LED will kiil it in there.

This is a 250w Series 3 Red Spec. It retails for $349, but with the forum discount code (5% off) it makes it about $330 each. Shipping is free.

You would need two, as each one covers a 4x2 area for flower. I say two lights like this vice a single fixture as it gives a little room to tweak their positions compared to a single light.

These are quantum board style lights, full white light, and each board only uses 250w.

There are cheaper lights, there are more expensive lights. These lights use the top of the line LED's (Samsung, Osram, and LG, all top bin) and come with a dimmer installed. Pull the light out of the box, attach driver to back of heatsink, hook up 2 wires (easy connector), hang it, and plug it in. Heat? Nah. Of course they'll raise your temps a little bit, but on full blast 2 of them only raised the temp in the tent about 6f to 8F above ambient room temp.

I've purchased 4 of these lights so far, and they're excellent. Can't recommend them highly enough. On top of all that, they have incredible customer service, are a US company (Michigan), and are also Veteran owned.
That was where I was going but I like the sound of the xl heatsinks. Spread the coverage out a bit.

This man said it best. The xls will give the best coverage in a 4 x 4. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Thanks a lot for the info. Thanks to everyone else for advice.

For 4x4 flower tent, one TS3000 is the best choice for you.
For 4x8 veg tent, I suggest you use 2 TSW2000

Features of Mars TS Led Grow Lights
  • High PPE as 2.3umol/j
  • Average growing result as 1.5g/w
  • Saving at least 30% energy than traditional led grow light
  • White color, more natural to sun light
  • Full Spectrum for whole growing cycle
  • New SMD chip, higher output, longer lifespan
  • UL listed wattage adjustble driver
Mars Hydro has sponsored 420magazine for many years, I am the old man here, we provide 420 users with discount codes "420magazine", which can be used on Mars Hydro official website: www.mars-hydro.com We have always provided growers with the most cost-effective products :love:

Back
Top Bottom