Best Fertilizer?

Kiki7

Also.... I have another question. When my 5 babies be bigger i want to transfer them into a jar of 10l until the end of the flowering. But, what is the best fertilizer for growing and flowering. I heard that NPK was good like 15-15-15 or 15-30-15 but it seem that the opinions are divided... Thanks for your advices !!!! kiki :thanks:

For veg you want high Nitrogen with smaller amounts of phosphorus and potassium. In flower you want less Nitrogen and more phosphorus and potassium. (P and K)

I'm not going to recommend any nutrients because it's a homework game for that and you've gotta find something that fits into your budget and makes you feel comfortable.

What I will say is this: 420 Magazine has some incredible sponsors when it comes to nutrients and I would highly recommend starting there and working outwards. I say this because I know first hand that the people that sponsor this place will guide you and get you started on the right foot.

Keep those questions coming!

:high-five:

Alright Pigeons thanks again for your great post !!:thumb: I actually bought an organic fish emulsion fertilizer 5-1-1 (Muskie) for the growing of my weed :high-five:. I will buy the organic flowering fertilizer at the seventh week ! Also, I have a little question... My seeds grow quickly but very height ( It does not grow in width and they are at ... 2 inches of the soil). My seeds make me a little bit nervous for this reason. So it is normal for northern light ??? Thanks again for your great advices. :high-five:

I would need to see a photo but when they get to about 12inches you cut the top of them (AKA Topping) this will reduce the energy the plant spends on height and work on "width"

BUT

At 2 inches she won't start growing other nodes for another week or so. Just wait to see how she works out in a couple weeks.

:thumb:

Sounds like you're on the right step. Just take your time and the little girl will do the rest!

Sorry for the pics :( I have a LG G3 and i don't understand it... Actually, it seem that my babies are on the right way !! :thumb:. But I use a light of 10 000 lux for the seasonal depression and i know it's not the best thing. So i have about 300 hundred bucks to buy a new light. I do not know if I should buy a LED light or an HPS... I watched the 1000 HPS light in apollo and Ipower but which is the best brand ? Thanks again for your advices. :high-five:

Lights are like nutrients and I'm not a person to tell people which to use or not to use.

I will tell you this: I'm an HID (HPS/MH) user and I will probably stay that way forever. No matter which you choose, there'll be pros and cons.

Sorry for the vague response but as I've only tried HID I feel I'm in no prosition to advocate for either one.

:sorry:

:high-five:

No problem man :volcano-smiley:. I will buy an apollo 600w with MH/HPS bulb finally on eBay. I think is a good choice for the price 134 US for the 2 bulb, the ballast and the reflector !!!!:cheer:

Re: How To Germinate Seeds

As far as the HEIGHT of the seedling you have to be careful with the placement of the Light over them.
The seedlings do not need a light over them until they get the first set of real leaves.
If you place the light too high over the seedlings they will grow and stretch real tall to get close to the light.
This will cause them to get too skinny and tall with the trunk not able to support it's height and they will fall over.
You should have a plastic dome over the seedlings to control the moisture in the dome.
The light should be directly over the dome.
My "Fake" Charlotte's Web seedlings mentioned above are not six feet tall and in a Kiddy Pool with a mixture of soil and potting mix
sprinkled with worm castings.
The Harle-Tsu are not so big and are in 5 gallon self watering planters and still vegging inside. Going to put them out to flower very soon. Out of ten Harle-Tsu germinated three fell over and died. Shared two and have five left.
Keep up the good work. It will start coming together if you stay tuned in to all these wonderful and helpful growers at 420.

Hi everyone :cheer: I finally choose to go with CFL lights :volcano-smiley:. I seen a man on youtube who built a good light only with 6 CFL bulb, a fixation for the wall with three connection and a ventilation pipe for the reflector. The link :
I think it's a good choice for everyone who are a limited budget **Im a student**. Also, my babies are beautiful !!! But now i have only 4 babies because my mother kill one of them accidently :bravo: hahaha... But she's a great mom :circle-of-love: But it seem that the leaves of my plants going down at the end of the day so... it is normal ??? Thanks for your help :thumb: :Namaste:

My only consideration was the cost of the HPS vs the LED light.
I checked it out and my 1000w HPS light was costing me right about $200 for the month.
I have a 16 panel solar array with NET METERING on the house and watched the meter wheel go around on the side of the Electric company at a good clip.
Next month I turned off the HPS light and turned on my 620w LED. The meter began turning backwards in my favor, and the bill for that month was much less only about $50 for the LED light.
After 3 harvests with the LED light the only challenge I found was the colas and buds were Airy and not tight.
Still nice and frosty and made good CBD Hemp Oil extract.
So, if it for self use I am only using LED'S Now for flowering.
120831_0007.jpg
120831_0006.jpg

It's clear that the led light are more economic.... But now i have 3 CFL of 23w (6400k) per plant. My babies are in very good shape actually (except the first two leaves).... (I accidentally put water on the leaves and they burned). :cheer:. Yesterday, I cut the apex of my plant at 12 inch but I dont now if my topping are very good. I cut them in the middle of the last leave like that :volcano-smiley:. I don't now if it's the right method to cut the apex.
Thanks for your answers !!! :Namaste: :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom