Best grow light

I've got a Sun Systems and it works great so far..very pleased. It was cost effective and well built..I got a lumatek digi ballast with it for $300 including shipping, a bulb and all kinds of little shit to make my life easier.

:goodluck:

Well, dont do it the hard way like I did, Go straight for a digital. After getting a standard 600w sun systems ballast, getting 1/2 way through the grow and having a capacitor blow up in it, leaving me with no option but to use a single 150w that I had on hand. It was during a critical point in flower, & was out for better than 2 weeks while waiting for parts. My yield was cut down horrifically.. So I ordered a Lumatek, 600w. I love it, it does MH, & HPS. It can use 400w, or 600w bulbs, you just turn the switch to the size of lamp your using, & it has the super lumen setting so you can blast the girls the last 2 weeks with xtra lumens. So far I think its been the best purchase for my room.

538 bucks will get you 4 x 250w cfl grow lights with reflectors. They will apparently last a very long time, and the "hype" says they produce more light per watt than the filament type bulbs, I don't know if that's true though. No ballast needed either, which means less hardware. Also, they also run much, much cooler than the filament type.

Digi ballast are pretty good & i do use lumatek myself but if it has a super lumen function it is best to use their own bulb range as other cheaper bulbs may not last as long with super lumen running !

I normally stick with well know brand names these days than run cheaper kit for various reasons !

1000w bulb ah well that is going to kick out some heat so controlling that is another question all together.

This may suggest reflector design & i may look at air cooled hoods if heat is an issue looking towards the extra large type for better light coverage than the smaller hood types.

If heat can be controlled to suitable levels i may think about parabolic types of 1m2 size or bag wings / adjust a wing style hoods of a good size for better light foot print.

Hoods/reflectors shouldn't really be over looked for growing as it holds the light source for growing !

Back
Top Bottom