Big Bang Auto - Kilomix - Canna - Bloombastic

guerilla

Hi Guys & Girls,

Time to start a journal for my Big Bang autos now 9 days oold, pics below.

Secret Jardin 60 x 60 x 140cms, very small space!
Canna Terra Flores
Canna Rhizotonic
Atami Bloombastic

pH 5.8

Max Temp 29
Min Temp 24

Currently on 18hrs under one 120watt LED panel, when they get a bit bigger I'll put a second panel in there too.

Some pics from webcam I have set up in tent.

Hey G, pics not showing. Check THIS out for how-to on posting pics. I'm curious about the auto's so I'm subbed in along for the ride. Good luck on the grow!

Hey Budbro,

Yes sorry about that I tried to use the URL links but didn't work so will have to upload instead.

Here's a few I took yesterday.

I fucked up a bit though as I have both CFLs and LED panel, I turned LED panel off and turned CFLs on to avoid the usual pink pics but when I switched them off I forgot to put back on auto timer, consequently LED panel went off as normal 9pm but CFLs didn't come on so they ended up with 6 hrs less light last night.

Not sure if that will harm them or turn them hermie will have to wait and see.

Normally LED is on 9am-9pm then CFLs come on till 3am, I do this because CFLs don't need extractor fan on as they are only 11watt so no real heat. My extractor fan makes too much noise to have on after 9pm.

All the best,
Guerilla
IMAG1375.jpg
IMAG13741.jpg
IMAG13731.jpg
IMAG13721.jpg
IMAG13711.jpg
IMAG1370.jpg
IMAG13691.jpg

Whatever works, looking great. Doubt the light will have any effect, less so being that they are auto's, more like a real cloudy day, lol. I have to ask though, what are the blue knobs for?

Haha, the blue nobs are the locking device for Air Pots, they come as flat plastic you roll round a bottom piece then use blue scre to hold together at top The Caledonian Tree Company - Who's using Air-Pots

I'm happy to say all six are girlies I spotted pistils on all of them Monday so all is good just got to fattening them up now and get them buds growing, I'll start adding some Bloombastic on feeds from here on, they are now 23 days old.

Pics to follow.
Toaor
IMAG14831.jpg
IMAG1482.jpg
IMAG1481.jpg
IMAG1480.jpg
IMAG14781.jpg
IMAG14771.jpg
IMAG14761.jpg

Nice looking BB's. Well looks like my 1st post on 420 is on your grow lol. I'm a long time grower tho not an old man. I've done 12 years of outdoors and 6 indoors. My new passion Is auto's and I have done almost every strain up to date. I actually am on my second run of the big bang. It def gets a top 5 from me. I'm interested to see how well they grow under the LED's. I hbe been running my autos user 600w HPS. I'll be def watching this grow and hopefully I can help ya out along the way if ya need me. They are def good yeilders for auto's my 1st averaged around 50 g a plant I'm hoping to bring that stat up my 2nd run. Plants look very nice man keep up the good work

Welcome to the journal Filekv5 and Captain Cure and thanks for feedback.

I'm an old grower but only started again indoors this year after a chance chat with another toker who mentioned LED panels, I'd not come across them but once I looked into them thought they would be good for a small set up like mine, which so far they are.

The Air Pots seem to be doing fine this is my second grow with them, I still have four Sativas in greenhouse growing in them, should be harvesting them next week probably.

I've never grown Big Bang before so am looking forward to this grow as I do all of them, I learn on each one having lost three crops this year at week 5-7 due to excessive heat being blown right onto buds so they dried right out in a week.

I now have my heat and fans under control so now temp don't get above 28 or below 20 where they were going up as high as 40c with all that heat blowing straight onto buds.

These do seem to be doing well, lovely dark green colours and lovely wide fat leaves, the CO2 set up is easy and gives them loads more to use to grow.

I'll post some more pics next week when they've grown a bit more should have plenty of visible pistils by then.

Best wishes one and all,
Toaor

Hey Captain Cure, good week?

Seeing as you've grown Big Bang before what did you use aero, hydro or soil?

What nutes did you use?

What sort of pH/EC levels do they like?

I heard they are like a lower pH than most around 5.8 - 6.2 and a bit sensitive to overfeeding, what's your experience?

The Kilomix soil I'm using has supposedly everything they need for first six weeks of growth but I started feeding smaller three plants with light mix of Canna Terra Flores at 5.8pH, didn't measure EC but would be low probably around 1.2-1.3

How tall did yours grow and how bushy?

Got any pics?

Have a great weekend Captain,
Toaor

I always use soil. I ran it with ffof and fed zero nutes for the 1st 5 weeks. The only nute I used was shooting powder. I kept the PH between 6-6.6 my yeild was excellent the 1st run and I am currently on my second tho I just started them. Mine all averaged around 2 1/2 feet tall give or take. There were on the bushy side. Sorry for the short post I'm at work and on my phone. I'll check back in when I get home.

I have zero pics of the plant itself. Tho I have a bud I can take a pic of. Have some of the outdoors I harvested a couple weeks ago but they weren't BB and have a pic of my giant 12 footer from this year. There all on my cell phone and when I try to post them it asks for a URL? How would I go about doing that? I would have to put them on a website correct? Not sure if I really want to go that route. My biggest BB was 44 inches tall and my shortest was about 18, They were all pretty bushy.

Hey Captain,

Thanks for the info bud, you need to upload your photos to your Gallery, then when you make a post you add in from your Gallery or you can use the URL if you post pics on Flickr or one of the photo sites.

What is ffof?

all the best,
Toaor

PS: Captain,

How long did yours take from seed to crop?

GHSC says six weeks flowering on site but not that they are six weeks from germination.

I know one other grower of BB Autos and they took 12 weeks total.

Toaor

Lol I got nats one time. I used a mix of miracle grow organic 25% perlite and 50% fox farms. Only reaso was I was low on soil and that was all they had at home depot. I blamed the MG just because I have never had that problem before. From 1st set of leaves to Finish was about 9-10 weeks. I most likely would have been fine with 8 1/2 but let them go an extra week then 48 hours complete dark no water before I chopped. It amazes me what 48 hours of dark will do at the end. I'm going to try the gallery thing now. I'll show you Gertrude my 12 foot animal from this year. Got 22 ounces off her.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this for moving to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom