Big bud fertilizer applications

Willgreenenc

420 Member
I got a small bottle of big Bud fertilizer. But it rains almost every day and while plants are staying sufficiently hydrated . So I'm having a hard time getting to a point where I make a mixture and water them with the fertilizer. Can I just mix a capful or 2 and a 1/2 gallon and pour on it or what do I do?

16291464888001834464489696427361.jpg

Can I just mix a capful or 2 and a 1/2 gallon and pour on it...
Probably not. It has been awhile since I have looked at an 8 fluid ounce bottle of the stuff. The recommended dose is 2ml per liter. A 1/2 gallon of water is pretty close to 2 liter of water so the dose would be 4ml or just short of a teaspoon of Big Bud.

I use bottle caps as measuring tools. The first thing is to use a milliliter measure, like one of those shot glasses or pipettes, and figure out how much water it takes to fill the cap. Writing the amount down on the cap with a Sharpie style pen sure beats forgetting and having to re-measure every couple of days. That cap looks more like a 10ml or 15 ml size so more appropriate for mixing a gallon or so at a time.

Can I fuck this up? Can I do too much and ruin my last surviving baby?
Ya, it is possible since the manufacturer is saying that a 20 oz bottle should have a little over 1ml to that amount of water. Putting 2 oz into a 20oz bottle of water is about 50 to 60 times stronger than the manufacturer's recommendation. It is not just the N-P-K measurement but the overload of the amino acids and that the company puts into the product that can cause problems.

I noticed when looking at the web site for the Big Bud product is that it is more for hydro growing. Also it is for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week of flowering. But the company also says it can be used as a stand alone bud booster if the grower does not want to use the entire blooming line of additives.

If it is raining a lot mix as per the instructions and water the plant anyway. Most of what the plant wants will stay in the soil long enough for the roots to take it up. Then the next week the roots will get what they can when it is watered with the Big Bud again. It will take an inch or more of rain within several hours to really wash everything out. A normal steady rain is unlikely to flush out all of the additive.

A pipette might be available at a grow shop near you for under a $1 and a measuring shot glass for a couple of dollars. They can come in handy for more accurate measurements.

Ya, it is possible since the manufacturer is saying that a 20 oz bottle should have a little over 1ml to that amount of water. Putting 2 oz into a 20oz bottle of water is about 50 to 60 times stronger than the manufacturer's recommendation. It is not just the N-P-K measurement but the overload of the amino acids and that the company puts into the product that can cause problems.

I noticed when looking at the web site for the Big Bud product is that it is more for hydro growing. Also it is for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week of flowering. But the company also says it can be used as a stand alone bud booster if the grower does not want to use the entire blooming line of additives.

If it is raining a lot mix as per the instructions and water the plant anyway. Most of what the plant wants will stay in the soil long enough for the roots to take it up. Then the next week the roots will get what they can when it is watered with the Big Bud again. It will take an inch or more of rain within several hours to really wash everything out. A normal steady rain is unlikely to flush out all of the additive.

A pipette might be available at a grow shop near you for under a $1 and a measuring shot glass for a couple of dollars. They can come in handy for more accurate measurements.
Thank you very much

Back
Top Bottom