Big Daddy's 3rd Grow, White Widow Autos

Bigdaddy69

Hey guys, it's been a long long time since I posted or grew last.
I moved and changed jobs and whatnot and didn't have the time to get my grow space set up ( I'm just making excuses, I was just being lazy )
Anyways I am back with my closet set up and I am currently in about week 3 of veg stage and to be honest, girls aren't growing as healthy or fast as I'd like.
Here are some pics of my set up as well as the girls.

I think they are showing some form of deficieny as well as problems, but I just can't quite put my finger on what.
Please let me know what kind of problems my girls are having as well as what I should do.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I know the soil looks a little dry but I am watering them soon so no worries there

20210516_182829_HDR.jpg

20210516_182824_HDR.jpg

20210516_182745.jpg

20210516_182742.jpg

20210516_182730.jpg

20210516_182724.jpg

Following along.
No clue on your deficiency.
What medium and nutrients are they in?
Im sure a member with more knowledge than me will be along soon.
Hey Squiggle!
Thanks for your interest in my journey.
They are in soil and I am giving them Japanese nutes called Hyponex.
It has NPK ratio of 7-10-6.

I hope some of the veteran growers can help me out as well

It brought me back :laugh:
I will tag in members who have been doing this longer than I have and they are really clued up. @Bill284
@Listersmeghead . Hi guys ,sorry to trouble you. Do you know anything about deficiencies or toxicity? Or do you know anyone that does know?. I've never really had many problems apart from an N Def. It did look similar, but I haven't got the experience to make a judgement.
Thanks, I really appreciate it and sorry to bother you two

Hopefully this might get the ball rolling for you big daddy

Just to cross a few things off the list.
What type of soil is it?. Is it pre ammended with nutrients?
Do you PH correct your water? And do you give them a micro dose or full dose of nutes? Normally, I don't give any nutrients in soil untill they are a lot bigger.

I don't know why I'm asking these questions,. Because I don't know what to do with the answers :hmmmm::rofl:

All very good questions squiggle.
Hi bigdaddy.
One question I'd like to add is, is that nutrient designed for cannabis?
The npk ratio is a bit high on the p, most veg nutrients for canna are usually around 3-1-2.

As for the deficiency, it looks a little like iron def. Or the large amounts of p could be throwing it out of wack and locking out other things.
But I'd like to hear what soil it is first and whether it's being ph'd.

All very good questions squiggle.
Hi bigdaddy.
One question I'd like to add is, is that nutrient designed for cannabis?
The npk ratio is a bit high on the p, most veg nutrients for canna are usually around 3-1-2.

As for the deficiency, it looks a little like iron def. Or the large amounts of p could be throwing it out of wack and locking out other things.
But I'd like to hear what soil it is first and whether it's being ph'd.
Thanks for joining in mate. I might learn something for a change :laugh:

Thank you so much guys for showing interest in helping me out guys!

I am actually currently growing in soil, it's not canna-specific soil as I'm overseas right now and basically got me a big bag of general gardening soil.
It's advertised to be a soil that earthworms ate and processed as they enrich the soil in the process.

I couldn't get my hands on PH up & down (I realized this may be a problem and ordered me couple of bottles, they should be here next week).
I generally use the system of watering them when top couple of inches are dry or so and I check by just kinda gently running my fingers around in the said top couple of inches of soil.
Pics were taken right before I water them btw

Yeah it's hard to get canna specific stuff in some countries, but now you have some ph stuff coming that'll help you out loads. You can check other sources around you, like aquarium shops for fish in tanks, they do ph stuff. Or swimming pool maintenance places.
About those nutrients, I appreciate its hard to find stuff but the npk value of the stuff you have is gonna cause you some issues imo. Is there any other nutes around like for vegetables? One with a more npk of 1-1-1 would even be better.
With a p rate of 10 on the nutrients you have is very high, to much p is gonna give you some issues.

Yeah it's hard to get canna specific stuff in some countries, but now you have some ph stuff coming that'll help you out loads. You can check other sources around you, like aquarium shops for fish in tanks, they do ph stuff. Or swimming pool maintenance places.
About those nutrients, I appreciate its hard to find stuff but the npk value of the stuff you have is gonna cause you some issues imo. Is there any other nutes around like for vegetables? One with a more npk of 1-1-1 would even be better.
With a p rate of 10 on the nutrients you have is very high, to much p is gonna give you some issues.
Oh @Listersmeghead are ph stuff for fish tanks okay to use to control the ph for watering plants?
I wasn't sure if I could use them and I steered clear of them in case they were bad for plants.

Also ahhh is 1-1-1 still good for canna plants?
I just went with ones with higher numbers cauz I thought ya know more nute would be better hahaha

Oh @Listersmeghead are ph stuff for fish tanks okay to use to control the ph for watering plants?
I wasn't sure if I could use them and I steered clear of them in case they were bad for plants.

Also ahhh is 1-1-1 still good for canna plants?
I just went with ones with higher numbers cauz I thought ya know more nute would be better hahaha
lol. Sounds good logic to me.
Evening.
Yeah the ph stuff for fish can be used, I think the fish are more delicate than the plants. The swimming pool stuff might need a bit of checking out. Both will have equipment to measure ph.

The ideal npk for growing canna plants is 3-1-2, lots of things like tomato nutrients can get close to that, I'm sure a few other veggi stuff can get close also.
Another alternative is to look at this persons journal @NuttyProfessor , he makes plant food out of natural things he finds outside in the garden, forest, beach even kitchen, he doesn't buy nutrients.

@Listersmeghead
Thanks mate. You are a gent. I just wish I had enough knowledge to help people out.. good call on the profs journal.. he's a clever chappy..
So are you.
Hope you get sorted @Bigdaddy69 .
This forum Is the right place for help. Everyone is a helpful.

Back
Top Bottom