big problems with my plants

highway1965

hey guys i have some qustions.i grew a papaya strain in dirt and it dryied to fast and ended up smelling like hay i cloned that dirt plant and started growing it in hydro i spent all my time careing for the plants harvested 3 days ago dryied them to where they were just a little moist i manicured the buds and they smell so bad just like wet grass or hay could it be bad genetics i am confused at what point dtd i go wrong anyone out there has some info please let me know.

That hay smell should go away as your harvest dries and cures. It will take longer if it was not properly dried prior to curing but with regular burpings and keeping an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get moldy, that smell will go away it will just take some time. You want to dry until the smaller stems snap when bent and the larger stems give slightly, but not too much, when bent.

thanks so mush that infoe has made me feel alot better i was so pissed thinking i had failed this grow and was never going to grow again but now im gonna give it another try. but this time im going to try coco dont know mush about it but have to try.have you tried using coco

well i was growing in dwc and testing the ph levels proved to be a constant thing and ph was always low had to keep adding ph up twice a day. from wht i understand useing coco or moss theres no ph to check am i correct

Not sure about coco but I've heard that peat moss can be run at either 5.8 or 6.5 pH. I'm not pH adjusting my nutrient solution and early on I was having deficiency issues which I thought were pH related. Turns out it was a cal/mag deficiency that was easily resolved and now the kids are looking great and I'm still not pH adjusting my nutrient solution. Different methods for different growers, whatever works for you is what counts.

what iam going to do is take the buds out of the jars and dry them more before putting them in the cureing stage

I think that's a good idea and you've probably saved your harvest by doing that. I have one plant that is slowly and stubbornly drying out in the cure jar, but it is going towards cannabutter so whenever it's ready is fine by me.

hey man thanks for the info on this problem you answered all that i needed thanks gotta goshut all windows big rain storm here in newport RI THANKS AGAIN

if i may,i would also like to add that any watering or flushing should stop a few days prior to making the cut,let the medium in the pots get lightweight,dry and depleted of any liquid,also you can plunge them into total darkness for a couple or few days while waiting for the pots to dry out,but make sure that there is still good constant air circulation while the remaining water is being used up,it doesn't take long before plants in a stagnate environment can be attacked by mold or mildew,and you should also be noticing the spicy aroma the plants are giving off prior to hang drying them.
that'll tell you that curing process has begun and is starting out proper.

Back
Top Bottom