Billyjack - Heavyweight & Cream of the Crop Grow

re: Billyjack - Heavyweight & Cream of the Crop Grow

Subbed, 30" seems a little close, I think you might look at raising it to 36"-40", but if there doing good ignore my advice. I better read now, glad I've gotten in early. Best of buds to you, peace

Edit: I should of read before commenting, looking good peace.

I am looking for comments so always feel free. Right now the light is just about 36". I am worried about the little guy on the bottom left, he looks ok but at 24 days old, he is a real shrimp compared to the ones on top. We will see. This has not been my best grow. The mistakes I have made have been too many and I am afraid the little guy is too stressed. These are my first autos and if I would have researched it, I would have planted them in final pot and not had to have transplanted them. I had my LED too close for about 5 days, I moved my fan and it got stuck and was not oscillating but blowing straight on them, and while I was moving the fan I unplugged the humidifier so the result was strong breeze for about 12 hours at 28% humidity, not good.

What kind of tent? and what were you doing for heat? was the light itself heating it up? I may try my grow in a small tent with my LED... Grow them through the whole stage in 3.5 gallon pots?

hi man, i'm not sure about your panel specs but i would suggest to bring the panel a bit higher , i didn't read your panel is a 900, i thought it was a 450w sorry. i'm nearly sure that you better get it to more than 2 feet when plants are still young, 25 day or so from seed is young for me.
that's been said, i don't have leds then just say what i've read on journals and some brand of leds specs and description, i'm still looking at which to buy around Christmas.
what breeder are your Hawaiian Skunk beans from?
have a nice day Billy

i'll follow closely your feminized attempt Billy, i plan to do so myself when i'll grab enough knowledge about it.

day_26-191.jpg

Just updating the image. Plants on left are now on the right.

I have a 5 gallon fermentation bucket that lets me keep 1300 - 1600 PPM. It is an inexpensive process to run, less than 50 cents a day. Plus, if you distill, you have 190 proof alcohol when your done. You can see I just cut a hole in the lid, dropped in a plastic bowl and use an air pump with tubing to have the CO2 fall down on the plants.

I have a 5 gallon fermentation bucket that lets me keep 1300 - 1600 PPM. It is an inexpensive process to run, less than 50 cents a day. Plus, if you distill, you have 190 proof alcohol when your done. You can see I just cut a hole in the lid, dropped in a plastic bowl and use an air pump with tubing to have the CO2 fall down on the plants.

That's a pretty nifty trick. Does it work fairly well? The CO2 not the 190 proof. haha

That's a pretty nifty trick. Does it work fairly well? The CO2 not the 190 proof. haha

It works great. I use a small fish tank water heater to keep temp at 85 degrees. It is on a timer to go off 2 hours before lights out and back on 2 hours before lights on. Within limits you can adjust he CO2 output by how warm or cool your wort is. Including electricity, cost for the CO2 runs about 40 cents a day. If you do not have a fish tank heater, a heating pad under the bucket will do as well. Make sure water cannot get to it though.

If i could make one small suggestion it looks like you have either a nutrient burn or over watering issue. People will say nitrogen but this looks like what i had going on earlier, quickly recognized it and corrected for it. Not sure which it but everything I've read about these fast and vast says don't fuck around with them, with a predetermined life span waiting and seeing is not an option. you planted yours a week prior to mine, they should be ahead of me. Figure out what is or your going to end up with 'fast and meh'

And watch for a rot like problem right where the stem enters the medium... i had to stake several of mine (bamboo skewers). I think its the fact the rockwool i use absorbs and hold to much liquid in combination with a fan beating them silly 24/7. Either way it has never happened on regular plants but it's happened on both auto grows.

If i could make one small suggestion it looks like you have either a nutrient burn or over watering issue. People will say nitrogen but this looks like what i had going on earlier, quickly recognized it and corrected for it. Not sure which it but everything I've read about these fast and vast says don't fuck around with them, with a predetermined life span waiting and seeing is not an option. you planted yours a week prior to mine, they should be ahead of me. Figure out what is or your going to end up with 'fast and meh'

I really appreciate the feedback and suggestions. Not quite sure about the yellowing but feedback I have gotten with the closeup pictures is possible phosphorus lockout due to low PH. I adjusted the PH so we will see. I have been light on the nutes for the autos because a lot of what I have read suggests that autos require less nutes, especially during veg. I give them about half the nutes of what I would give to a non-auto.

Back
Top Bottom