Blue Venom 1200w Tent Grow

MagicalOyster

let me start off by saying that reading these forums has been unbelivably helpful to me and i am very thankful to everyone here who has unknowingly tought me everything i know about growing. i feel that i have gained a lot of growing knowlege but there is always more to learn. So It is my pleasure to share with you My 5th grow.

I am growing 11 plants taken from my blue venom mother. They are in a 8x4 Secret jarden tent. under 2 600w lights in soil. I have recently upgraded my ventalation to a 8" exhaust and a 6" intake. I have the intake fan running on a day/night tem controler that keeps the temps between 75 to 81.there are also 2 tower fans on either side of the tent. This is my first grow controling the temps but from what i gather it makes a big difference in the final outcome. im planning on dropping the night temps to around 55-60 during the second half of flower in an atempt to bring out some fall colors.

These plants where veged for about a month and a half in 1 leter pots as i was waiting for my last grow to finish. then i moved them into 7 gallon smart pots and into the flower tent where they veged for another 2 weeks to ajust to the larger pots. so they have been veged for a total of 2 months.

This will be my 3rd grow monetring ppm and ph. so im starting to grasp the concept but dont have it down fully yet.

i mix nutes in a 5 gallon bucket and start a siphon with a garden hose to water them. its a little ghetto but i think i need to have my nute regement down fully before i go hydro...will be coming soon though.

soo, nutes... i use heavy 16 a and b for my base. i havent done it this way in the past but an planning on working my ppms up 100 every week. starting at 1200 and topping out at 1600 in week 5. i mix 30% of the total ppm with additives. they are... heavy 16 prime, Koolbloom liquid, dark energy, the general hydro version of roots excel and molasas. THen i use Humbolts gravity for a bit twards the end of flower.

I was given some big bud and bud candy the other day so i think ill throw them in as well. im thinking that if the KB is 0-10-10 and the big bud is about 1/3 the strength it would = 0-3-9 so i think that ill mix something like 2/3 a dose of big bid with 1 dose of KB for 0-12-16 (Sort of like a variation of a pk 13-14 mix) then im also not shure wether i should even use the bud candy because i think its just carbs with l amino acids. and between the mollasas and dark energy i think i may have it covered.

i also use Heavy 16's foliar feed and i add superthrive to it up intill week 4. then i switch to spraying with purple max and in the last couple of weeks i spray verry lightly with briximus maximus.

Sorry About writing an essay for the oppener but now that iv got you up to speed we can comense with the photos.

Any comments are GREATLY apresheated. i dont know anyone else who grows so it will be nice to finally discuss My obsession with other like minded people.

I have Photos taken and are on my desktop waiting to be uploaded but i cant figure out how. if anyone wants to see them can you please explane the photo posting process to me?

Havint figured it our properly but i got them on the site.
Good enough for now.

IMG_0698_copy.jpg

These photos where taken a couple days ago. since then iv added more ducting to the intake so that i blows down to the plant level. i have also trimed the bottom 2/3 off. i havent done this before but the thought is that the plant will produce x amount based the size of its roots and amount of light its given. so If i cut off the bottom 3rd then im theroreticly redirecting the weight up to the top where all the light is.

I usualy top them at the 4th node. This timei tried out some supercropping as well. i dont think i did it right but i can deffinitly see that the plants that had their main stem snapped seem much more robust than the ones that didnt.

So my goal between the topping super cropping and trimming is to get 3-5 main colas per plant with all the budsites within the usable light area. resulting in a couple large colas per plant.

i tryed something simelar last grow. I topped them, let the 4 main branches grow out, then bent them over sideways and let all the side shoots become tops. it was prity cool having 12-15 main colas but i think the could have been bigger if i had cup off all the popcorn budsites.

Will take photos of the trimming and get them up sometime today.

... also, im cutting the lights back today. been feeding them only ph'd water for the last couple waterings to fulsh out anything that shouldnt be in there. will water one more time today then get back to feeding.

Here are Some photos i took today. Iv chosen 2 plants that i will take photos of indivudally through out the grow to show their progresion.

IMG_070613.jpg
IMG_070813.jpg

This is Middle martha. She Got her name from being in the middle of the tent between the 2 lights

IMG_070911.jpg
IMG_07109.jpg

This is three top tasha. She has three tops and is located in th front row on the far right

i also took some photos of my nutrence. i am interested onwhat others think on the recipe iv worked out. as i said before i would love some comments even critisism on my set up...trying to fine tune my skills here and anything helps.

IMG_071112.JPG

I Do ALOT of foliar spraying. anyone who says it is useless is down right WRONG. I can visually see them shoot up within a day every time i spray. I do all the spraying with a electric de-oderiser spraying machine. This is apperently better than a spray bottel because it porperly "atomises" the Solution. ...this is my folia mix

IMG_071311.JPG

for the last 3 weeks i stop using base nutes and switch to grand finalie whitch is something like 0-6-4 and has a good amount of mollasas in it.. mabe its stupid but i try to go organic for the last 3 weeks to improve taste. starting week 5 i also give them gravity... i know there has been alot of bad things said about it. but oh boy it shure does work!

IMG_071414.JPG

Finally, this is how i water and feed. i mix in the bucket and suck at the end of the hose to start a syphon. would love to hear how people with huge soil grows solve this probelm.

IMG_071518.jpg

i plan to update very regulary, so dont be afraid to chime in and with any advise coments... whatever.

one more thing. seeing that i have alot of plants and their all clones from the same mother there are prity much no variables here. are there any experments anyone has been itching to try? im down to devote mabe one or to plants to reasearch if anyone has an idea?...

Out of all the Tips and tricks iv heard about to speed up growth Foliar feeding is by far the best. When i first started i used a spray bottle. it works fine if you only have a couple plants but once they get bigger and you have more of them it becomes a pain in the ass. so I recomend that anyone who folar sprays should get one of these. Just like trimming sizors its a great investment.
IMG_072013.JPG

I started using humbolt countys own gravity on my last grow and it defenitly works but on my last grow it caused one of my plants to hermie so its on of those things you have to be really carefull with. So as a precautionary mesure this time im going to be trying out some dutch master reverse. If you havent heard of it before its the stuff that comertial fruit and veggie growers use to pervent seeds in stuff like water mellon grapes and baby oranges.

My plan is to spray the DMR along with some dish soap (for a wetting agent) about a week from now when the flowers start to pop up. and then again about a week later.
from what iv read it has no chance of burning them aslong as the lights are raised.... cant wait to see the results.

If anyone has used the dutch master reverse before i would love to hear your experence with it.

IMG_072215.JPG

Has anyone Done research testing with pk boosters?

0-10-10, kool bloom
0-1-3, big bud
0-19-19, Crystal burst
0-13-14, Common with many companys
0-10-11, Cannas version of 13-14 (Wtf? they actually call it 13-14?)
0-9-18. Hammer head

I know that different ratios should be used at dif times but everything on this list is all ment to be used for the middle part of flower. why so meny different ratios?

this is all seaming prity useless. Is any one even watching this or am i just talking to my self here? If i dont start hearing some feed back or getin some conversation goin then its pointless to keep goin with the photos.

Looks great so far! Your setup looks killer and your ladies are nice and green :thumb:

As for your question about watering larger grow ops. This is my method, my area is about the same size as yours (6x8) and it works fantastic

I only use it for my main res, and I hand water my nutrient solution but you could easily pick it up and place in your nutrient res or make two since it is relatively cheap.

All you need is a submersible pump and a few pvc pieces, mine is around 400gph although that would be overkill for watering plants. Mine is simply to add water from one res via another so I want fast filling times.

Next you screw in the hose barb adapter if your submersible pump didn't come with one already, screw on the hose and presto. Plug it in or connect an on/off switch to the outlet and watering is a snap. If there is too much water pressure for your liking then snap on one of those brass adjustable spray heads or wand

Here is a pic of my res, kind of hard to see. I'll post an upclose pic out of the water tomorrow if you'd like. I added some unnecessary features like raising the pvc to the top of the res. I also added a T at the base and a ball valve at the top so I have the option to run the pump for a minute with the ball valve closed to mix the nutrient solution before watering.

Or you could spend some cash and set up some flood to drain tables

2011-10-12_15_42_30.jpg

Back
Top Bottom