Bluelinetank's - Soilless - Dark Angel - Grow Journal - 2015/2016

bluelinetank

Hey Guys and Gals, this is Bluelinetank and this is a first time garden in this indoor environment. From the outside is a 2x7' mylar insulated wrap which is adhered with non-home damaging Velcro from top to bottom. The door simply rolls up from the bottom in a matter of seconds and stays put via a Velcro strap. I also installed a viewing window opening at eye level for quick inspection where I can also reach my timers.

The inside opens up to a 2x3x8 closet. At the top of the enclosure is a 12" fan mounted to route warm air in from the ceiling all the way down to the bottom of the room as its cold in my house during winter. The air is slightly filtered from the top in a sealed area before entry. Also there is a 6" exhaust vent powered by a window fan extracting the warmest air from the top.

I am using a full spectrum 450watt LED suspended by a ratchet strap, and right now on day 18 from seed I have the light 20" from the tops of the plants. The sides of the room are again, Mylar thermal wrap which on the inside are thumb tacked on lightly and are very secure.

Ok so here are the 5 Feminized Dark Angel From CKS and they are from seed. This is a 50/50 Indica/Sativa hybrid with an analysis of 17-20% THC and a 0.2% CBD They are well rooted in these 7.5L Hercules style air pots in my local hydro stores awesome soilless mix. Originally the seeds were started in solo cups at 40% humidity and transplanted to 2.6L pots on day 6 after already becoming nearly root bound as I fed them nothing but 27ppm RO water and 1/3 dosing of rhizotonic root stimulator. I then transplants to the current 7.5L pots on day 13. (pic was taken right before plants sleep time otherwise the leaves face up until right before bed usually)

I have been using the Fox Farm trio at 1/3 - 1/2 strength starting from day 10. I feed, next day nothing. Then I water with RO water and 1/2 strength Sensi-Cal, then next day nothing. And then repeat. My roots are very large for the plant size at this point as focus on root strength first. All of this watering started at 5.5 ph and I slowly worked it up to 6.3 by day 15 which they transitioned to perfectly. Plants have their own drip trays and I measure 250 average ppm runoff and now 6.2 ph runoff.

The humidity stays constant and natural for where I live at 40% and using LED I have a more natural temperature cylcle with nights dropping slowly down to around 63 degrees with days reaching up to 81 degrees but the transition takes a natural 2 and a half hours as opposed to instant heat.

I topped/Fimmed all 5 plants in a different spot to see personal results. here are the early stages of different developments. The lower the cut the better but without cutting too low was the secret.

Anyways I hope some people can enjoy this and I shall update regularly. Things I forgot to mention are....

-Intake and exhaust fan run 24/7 with no timer
-Light schedule is 18/6 on its own digital timer
-Wind schedule is 15/9 with intermittent wind throughout the day/night on its own mechanical timer
-Power is supplied evenly and safely through 2 Grounded 16 gauge extension cords.
-For safety reasons the whole operation can be shut-down with 2 easily accessible switches, which my cats cannot reach, just in case of any kind of emergency. SAFETY FIRST

Happy days in the dirt people.

Thanks for the interest kiwihigh! Yes on day 25 I will transplant into at least 15 L pots from the current 7.5L. It's currently day 19. If it packs up too much I'll take a mother out of this batch to free up space.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom