Bluestone blues

Magnificient

I just purchased four 12" bubble stones. When I got them home they were broken into several pieces and were most likely broken before I even purchased them. It costs about 10 dollars to get from here to the hydroponics shop and back, the bubble stones were also about 10 dollars. Returning them would be another 10 dollars, making the total cost of the bubble stones 30 dollars. Out comes the goop. First I glued the pieces back together with goop being careful not to fill the center holes, then I glued the stones together bottom to bottom and wrapped them with self-sticking webbed drywall tape and zip tied them at both ends. They failed in a test because large bubbles were coming out near the connection and no bubbles were being emitted more than halfway down the stones. A little more goop around the ends and I'd have to say that I have the ugliest, but best working bubble stones I've seen.

If you have a helpful hint, please post it here. Thanks.

On another note, I picked up a Fisher-Price carbon filter from a yard sale the other day for 2 dollars. It appears to have never been used. Albeit, the filter is small being 9 1/2 inches by about 4 1/2 inches and 2 inches thick. The filter is in a boxed enclosure so that you have to tear the top and bottom off before using it. I filled the empty spaces with activated carbon and made screens from a webbed rubberized place mat to hold the carbon in. I don't know whether it will be sufficient to deodorize a 3' x 3' x 6 1/2 foot grow area yet, but for 2 dollars I was willing to give it a shot.

Back
Top Bottom