Bongs: Good or bad? What's you opinion?

beensmokin420

I was reading some info on wikipedia about bongs and I came across this....

Most smokers believe that bongs are healthier than other smoking methods; however, a 2000 NORML-MAPS study found that "water pipes filter out more psychoactive THC than they do other tars, thereby requiring users to smoke more to reach their desired effect" [5]. Smoke from cannabis supplied by the NIDA was drawn through a number of smoking devices and analyzed. A smoking machine, adjusted to mimic the puff length of cannabis smokers, drew smoke through a standard bong, a small portable bong with a folding stem, a bong with a motorized paddle that thoroughly mixes the smoke with the water, and two different types of vaporizers. The study found that the unfiltered joint outperformed all devices except the vaporizers, with a ratio of about 1 part cannabinoids to 13 parts tar.

According to the study, water pipes filter-OUT the THC. I dunno about you but I've ALWAYS been told/heard that bongs, bubblers, and waterpipes all got you higher b/c the smoke went through the water first. Apparently this is not true. It's funny b/c my girlfriend always says she would rather smoke a blunt instead of the bong b/c it gets her higher and I always though she was crazy but not anymore, LOL.

Any comments?:hmmmm:

Very interesting. I too thought you got higher from a bong than from say a regular piece and that it was healthier for you because the water filtered out some of the toxins (tar).

The reason you'd get higher off a bong is because (in my opinion) you can fill the entire chamber up with smoke before you decide to inhale not because of the water fileration.

I'd rather smoke a blunt anyday, though.

I agree more smoke = more high BUT, if the smoke is less potent then say a joint's smoke, according to the study, you wouldn't get as high and you would be waisting your bud, literally.

I personally DGAF about this study, I love rippin out of bongs.....and if your tight ass has to have scientific studies to tell you how to get high, then you need to get on my level....I have several bongs and it gets me WAY higher than smokin a joint, there ya go, theres your study.

Sorry, lol, just got done smokin the ole BING before I wrote this, so I'm kinda defensive....

No its cool I'm in no way trying to say, "Don't use your bong b/c it wont get you as high". I'm just showing the users a good read that I thought was interesting. This article is not going to affect the way I smoke, I most certainly will continue to smoke outta my bong, like I do now. I love my bong and I would never give it up.

I'm not a tight ass nor is anyone on here, science presents facts and thats all there is too it, now if you choose to live by those facts, or not, thats your own damn choice and I nor anyone should be judged for that.

think of it this way....u would use about 1-2 grams in a blunt normaly to get high, and only a bowl or 2 out of a good hittin bong would get you ripped, i would rather use a bong, you save weed, you get a freash ass hit, and the get you high the quickest:bongrip:

You also have to include the nicotine factor when you're considering a blunt. For people who don't smoke cigarettes, blunts can be very powerful. I like both but prefer my Volcano over pretty much anything.

I've never been able to roll worth a damn! So, for me, bongs are best. You also get more bang for your buck with a large chamber. Most of the time, though, I'm content with my little pipe. It's just a lot more portable than a bong.

Bongs and blunts are nice when you have a lot of people.

But I love my bowl too much to stray from it too often.

At PSU we were told that wikipedia is not a valid source because anyone can submit changes to the site. We are not permitted to use wikipedia as a source on any reports. So I don't know if I can agree with the claim that a water pipe would filter out thc.

Bongs make everything better. The only thing i have not tried is a vaporizer so i don't know how they compare...but in my experience...bongs are the top of the line.

i think bongs are more of a novelty and respiratory comfort thing. ie. seeing the smoke travel up the chamber/smoother hit.
but they're bad in the way that they're cumbersome and less...mobile?...than a joint or a blunt. like with a blunt you can sit back, chill and watch something while you smoke. while with a bong you gota watch the flame, how much you burn, hold the bong etc. etc.
and i think blunts and joints are more of a high and flavour thing...

well thats with me i guess

i enjoy both tho. i gess good/bad exists for both.

dude idk man...when i puff threw the bong i get ripped i get like a pulsating high its killer.

anyone ever rolled a blunt or j and stuck it in the whole of there bowl for there bong and smoked it? i like doing that i get fucking stoned

^ Yes I have done that before. I have nothing against bongs but I do prefer my bubbler

^ Yes I have done that before. I have nothing against bongs but I do prefer my bubbler

A bubbler is basically a smaller portable bong...for personal use pretty much. I wouldn't mind having one of those.

Back
Top Bottom