Books to Blaze to

Anything by Carl Haiisen - particularily his first commercial success "Tourist Season" or his most recent "Nature Girl" - laugh out-loud funny. Satricical romps with colorful characters along the lines of Elmore Leonard.

Also Piers Anthony's "Firefly" - isane and erotic - I read it a long time ago - don't remember the exact story line - but its a crazy read! :geek:

I read half of the book "White Fang" last night on the internet, very good book. Prolly gonna read the other half tonight if I get a few hours freetime. Theres lots of books on the net too.

i think everyone will be pleasantly surprised to find that it is balanced with words and pictures... the girls are to get the attention, the words are what i am most interested in delivering... you'll see...

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz rocks... its about a guy who sees dead people and they help him solve crimes, and one day this guy comes to town and brings these demon like creatures with him that only Odd can see, and he thinks something extremely bad is going to happen and wants to stop it... that was a bad description, but seriously, the book is great, and not nearly as cheesy as I made it sound. There are also some sequals but I didn't think they were as good, but they are called Forever Odd and Brother Odd.

Then there is an author named Ray Kurzweil, any keyboard players on the board will recognize the name from the keyboards and synthesizers he makes. Anyways, one of his books The Singularity Is Near talks about how in 40-50 years man could have the medical advances to live into their 120's-150's and by the end of the century maybe even hold off death indefinately. Its not quite fiction, but its not quite fact, its basically taking what man has done so far, and making an educated guess on what could happen. A very cool read though, especially if you are into science, technology or science fiction.

i saw something on the science channel about the length of human lives and where we are headed. it was some pretty craazy stuff. they delayed the mating of bees which passed on a genetic trait that allowed them to live longer. i think they ended up over doubling the lives of bees throughout the study. the scientists proposed that as women wait longer and longer to have children (college, work, whatever) they are actually affecting the genes they pass down to their children causing delayed puberty. they also supported the same predictions in lifespans as the previous post.

even to live to 100 would be way longer than i need. how bored do you think people would get if they were 200 years old?

peace

Back
Top Bottom