Brains Escape & Unknown Indica

Outstanding!!! Ya the indica is def female at this point, the brains is looking girly still but i havent seen enough to be 100% on it yet...unless you do lol

Good friday eve all, its been a stretchy week here and i hope its almoat over, because ive run outta room at day 16 of flower. Two plants is too much, ill only do one at a time from now on Lol

Any tips advice are appreciated, they went bonkers this week and i did my best to train them and tuck. I had to defoliate the indica, its a leafy leafy leafy girl. There were so many fan leaves tucked under it that it had the air flow clogged up.

Im unsure about trimming fan leaves on the brains, thinking of waiting til day 21 of flower and thinning the fans. Ive done some trimming here and there but tried to keep it all to a minimum. Tuck if i can, and trim fans w scissors if they ar covering a potential budsite.

20170602_170834.jpg
20170602_170841.jpg
20170602_170850.jpg
20170602_170908.jpg

Gave em a good watering tonight. Ive been watering every other day with half a gallon to each plant. Usually i have a little bit of drainage i have to suck out of the drain pans. Tonight there was no excess water at all. So im guessing next time i should increase the water, or should water more often now?

I don't aim for runoff every time. If I'm using stinky organics, I actively try to avoid it, lol. If using nutrients that wouldn't be considered organic by the current politically correct set, I don't worry too much one way or the other. If I'm just pouring in water, that's when I try for runoff.

I do try to water thoroughly, though.

As to when to water, well... I know it's time to water when I pick up a plant and the container feels light - or when I look at the plant and it's "tired" (drooping). If I let things go too long for whatever reason, I make sure to start with a small amount initially, and give the soil time to rehydrate a little before giving it the remainder (majority); otherwise, I could dump it in and it'd run right out the bottom.

Looks like you are already in good hands here with Torturedsoul :) With the space that you have, you should do 1 plant next time. But you already know this now. For the watering since you are new to growing, I would suggest learning basics like watering till you get about 20% runoff and test for PH levels so you can be familiar with how to PH your water properly. I also use the same method as Torturedsoul and lift the pot to see how light it is. My rule of thumb on MOST not all strains is that 1 gallon for every 5 gallon pot works well. Water from outside of the pot and work your way into it. I water 2-3 days and this also depends on light intensity and evaporation. Since you are using LED and CFL, you shouldn't have heat or humidity issues. What is your RH % (do you have a hygrometer ?) As far as defoliation, You have already read through my journal and it's explanation. If done correctly, it works. I would do it now if I were you. Just start with all the BIG fan leaves. Stop the training because you are out of space and your at the next couple weeks and those plants are going to explode. The scrog wont do much except give added support. Scrogs are really good when you have bigger space to use and less plants. Oh and congrats! They both look female to me. You should know 100% sure in the next 3-7 days. Keep up the great work.

Ok thank you so much, im gonna go do a recon in there and probably thin things out. The indica is tough whatever it is. I took a cutting 4 or so weeks ago and literally just stuck it in the dirt outside, forgot about it cuz i figured it dead and its still kinda alive today....

Looking at your journals im hoping the brains i have will explode like that.

Oh and i took the CFLs out, things were getting too warm in there with them, about 86° after 4 hours of lights on, without them i run at 79°-82° all day

Im not sure if temp over light was the right choice or not, but i do have some cheapo 28w led bulbs in snail mail to try in place of the cfls. They should be here next week.
I thought about it and figured less light and cooler temps for now, then put the LEDs in when they arrive and see how they do.

Thanks for the compliments and advice fellas.

Well i trimmed it up
20170603_190619.jpg
20170603_193138.jpg
20170603_193145.jpg

Everything was going great, i was maybe 4-6 snips from being done with the indica, had two fingers around a main branch pulling it back (gently) when i had one of my 2-6 time a month back spasm/arm jerks due a spinal injury in my thoracic. Well, it was the perfect time for it to happen and split the stem. I taped it up really quick and stopped defoliation on it, which was almost done anyway. Guess we will find out how tough she really is.
20170603_190633.jpg
20170603_193157.jpg

Im gonna sit in the garage w my dog and smoke for a while after that

Good to know, i feel better now after a chill session in the garage. Its all good, the indica is unknown bagseed and is really just the "bonus" plant to my brains escape grow. And the brains is looking good.

I also remembered that i never checked the mail today, went out and, whatdya know!! The good lord saw fit to have my led bulbs delivered a couple days early. So they got a good pruning, and now another 84 watts of LED. These lil suckers are brighter than i thought they would be.
20170603_213857.jpg
20170603_213911.jpg

Great job my new friend! Though the box isn't perfect and it looks different from alot of other grows you see on here , does NOT matter. That I can tell you put hard work into and that in itself is awesome! It will make you appreciate your product even more at the end. The wiring is great!

About 24 hrs after Defol, both seem to be bouncing back just fine. I feel like the brains is only half ass flowering though, but it is a week younger than the indica.
20170604_204937.jpg
20170604_204920.jpg
20170604_204915.jpg

Day 20 of flower. Im thinking female still, but am unsure. The indica was easy, the brains seems a bit illusive on its sex to me.
20170606_122143.jpg
Screenshot_2017-06-06-12-25-48.png

Oh and i think the stretch has slowed down (finally!).....but startint yesterday i left the door open during light hours. There is still no smell and i have a carbon air filter in the basement anyway. I figured maybe if i took temps from 80° down to 75ish by leaving the cabinet door open all day it might slow the stretch. Dunno if it helped or not, but they didnt stretch much lastnight.

Well we are as tall as i would like them to get at day 21 of flower. Im wondering if supercrop is in their future, cuz im not sure what to do. Were bout 10" from the light.
20170607_140416.jpg
20170607_140428.jpg

Well then im not gonna do that, i could to a 2nd scrog level or just run some strategically placed string to do some lst. It filled back up alot more than i thought it would. Am i gonna end up having to do another defoliation down the road? Or is that a no no at this point.

Back
Top Bottom