Brainstorm - First Grow Ever! Suggestions Welcome

Well i personally would recommend you switch to Canna coco as a medium when you transplant to 5 gallon pots and use their coco line of nutes, Like i said i don't do real soil, with coco you can use it straight, or add up to a 50/50 coco/perlite mix for more aeration. Google Canna nutrients and check out their coco medium and nute line, i know alot of growers who swear by the stuff and get excellent results.

As for trimming leaves, peoples opinions vary on this subject, personally i have found you can trim off all the large fan leaves if you like, without any adverse effects. Pots a resilient plant and as long as you don't hack it to pieces you'll be fine. Be more worried about your training method and abilities, PH level and such things. If your growing large plants, you might want to consider main-lining, its by far the best method and results i've seen if you want to grow kick ass colas with very little "popcorn" buds. and its surprisingly little work compared to scrog and sog methods.

i will get online and i will have to order something through there because where i live here in the carolinas we do not have any hydro stores or such so i have to deal with lowes crap and stuff but if i have time ill order something like coco or foxfarms or something similar as of that wat can i get at lowes and mix it to something simlar? that will keep my plant healthy.

i hvae been alil curious about trimming my leaves but as of now i only trimmed the bottom small leaves that were slight light green yellowish colors on the ends and a big leaf at the top so it would allow lights on the lower.. i will post pics soon of how it looks now,,..

another thing,,. what is up with trimming the main node when lst ing. ive seen some peeps cut off the main node or cola if thats wat u call it to give more energy to the bottom nodes? true?

are you talking about topping or fimming?
topping would be taking the whole top off creating 2 tops
fimming is taking off about 80% of the growing node at the top possibly creating multiple tops

are you talking about topping or fimming?
topping would be taking the whole top off creating 2 tops
fimming is taking off about 80% of the growing node at the top possibly creating multiple tops

My idea is to have more colas instead of one main one so all ive done as of now is bent her over 90 degree and tucked a few leave s and trimmed the main top node to stop growrh upwards...I want it to be bushy with alot of colas if thats was u call lst and fimming.?
My main thing is to at least boost my yield even if I veg for 2months...
I was also thinging adding a screen in a few weeks jst not sure when can u u tell me when i cc an?.
Wat u think?

Also is she ready to transplant to a 5 gal with diff soil medium iys natural amd organic with perlite..wonder if it will work.. I beloeve it doesnr come with nutes jst a few cpst or watever ists made up of...sorry for speelin since im on phone

yea I think you need like 50 posts first your almost there
keep talking lol

Well there are more then enough people here to help. I find myself bored and waiting for posts most of the time I come to this site. Just sitting in the control panel most of the time hitting refresh every hour or so.

Well there are more then enough people here to help. I find myself bored and waiting for posts most of the time I come to this site. Just sitting in the control panel most of the time hitting refresh every hour or so.

nice..gotta love the peeps that r willing to help..now tell me this.. i went out and got some regular natural and organic soil without nutes and perlites...im thinking on gettin this baby out of this 3 gal pot and put her in a 5gal..shes currently been vegging for 4weeks under 18/6 without no nutrients..my question is if i transplant her now will i have to feed her after i transplant her or wat? beacuase as of now shes been surviving off mg soil...so im ready to get her out of there and put her in this other soil that was natural organic at the same time..th eph is 6.5 and all mxing it half half with perlite....wat nutes or fertilizers do i feed her..will u explain to me briefly please

update also:
i bent her over and clipped the top nude and one leaf gurad that was covering the whole low bottom portion... i can actually see the bottom growing taller she is now in day 31 since i put her in soil....

Whew that is a question wide in scope. Generally speaking you do not want to give a plant nutes right before or right after a transfer because the plant is already gonna be in shock and the nutes will just make it worse for your beauties. Additionally to answer you technically you dont need to give the plant nutes if the soil is well ammended for both oxygen,water retention and drainage abilities as well as the items in the soil or what it is composed of. I go organic and I usually use fox farm happy frog and ocean forest varieties along with humboldt nutrients and perlite. These soils have a lot of moss,kelp,guano(animal poop usually bat) and benificial bacterias that thrive in the root zone and allow for ample root growth(Symbiosis at its finest) so if you have a superb (In my opinion) soil then the need for nutrients in addition becomes eliminated however the addition of micro nutrients will give you much added benefit.

I love adding ammendments because its like you get to treat your plants and give them exactly what they want. You treat them well and they reward you with better plants and better yields. Plants are like people the more you feed them the more they fatten up. There are advanced things I do to cause them to crave even more and then again which results in fatter stems thicker and fuller canopy and more bud sites without compromising size due to my extensive topping. Sorry im not keen on all of the abbreviations yet is mg magnesium or miracle grow? Because both make sense in the case you mentioned.

Ammendments I would suggest for the area you are in would be blood meal, chicken manure or urine (your pee) it may sound gross but urine is super high in nitrogen and will get your leaves that kelly green that you want. Do not use urine concentrated. Dilute it with a lot of water. do this 2 times during vegetative growth and you will see nice results and foliage that will last longer into the flowering cycle and will contribute to the end yield. Anything else just ask or if I missed something it was a tall order so I may have.

Im online now so I will respond quickly if you have questions now.

i transplanted her into a 5 gal bucket...as of now she looks good..recovering and getting comfortable on her new home.

now i had a problem..my puppy chewed on one of the leaves and my power went out for a few mins. you think it tunined the plant. it was like 30mins to an hour....

i also think one of the cfls burned one of my leaves..
wat is the purple ont he stems of the big leaves.?
is it ok to trim the leaves off? and jst leave where the nodes are coming out?
thanks
i will post pics in her new home soon.

I replied but it didnt post. That pisses me off because it was so long. Ok lets try this again. Im glad that your ladies like their new home. The cfl will burn the leaves if they touch it for a good length of time. You can reposition the plant but if you left it alone the plant will actually change directions itself to avoid that light again. If over half the leaf is damaged then go ahead and cut it. You can trim off any leaf you want to but keep in mind that the side with those giant leaves (Fan leaf) will have its growth suffer if you trim them. So my solution is to tie the leaf to a part of the main stem with no growth. This way the leaf is out of the way and light can be received by other portions of the plant without compromising growth.

Back
Top Bottom