Brand new, let's see what I can screw up

just please grow in soil, buy good quality soil and compost and mix them 50/50 to make a super soil., mix a 1/4 cup of each compacted medium. Take the half cup of your soil and mix with water in a jar, add soil:water 1:2, stir gently for a sec then wait 15mins and then test surface of water. this simple slurry test is used to test ppm and ph:):) once you know yoir soil conditions you can lower/raise ph and ppm to be optimal. 6.5-7 and 2000pppm, 300ppm is tons for seedlings, 300ppm is what i consider 1/8 strength, 2400ppm being 8/8

I'm gonna do a better soil for the seedling, but for now I'm mixing 25% perlite, 25% coco coir, and 50% miracle grow moisture control potting soil. Im still chugging along collecting things, so didn't expect everything to be perfect day 1. :thanks:

I'd stay clear of miracle grow anything. Walmart carries fox farm now a days you can definently find better quality soil or nutes than miracle grow, even if you dont have a hydro shop near you.

However at least in michigan theres around 2 or 3 grows shops in most towns or cities. Invest the couple extra bucks and get a good quality soil.

Personally i use pro mix hp. But roots organic, happy frog, sunshine mix #4, etc are all good quality soils.

I'd stay clear of miracle grow anything. Walmart carries fox farm now a days you can definently find better quality soil or nutes than miracle grow, even if you dont have a hydro shop near you.

However at least in michigan theres around 2 or 3 grows shops in most towns or cities. Invest the couple extra bucks and get a good quality soil.

Personally i use pro mix hp. But roots organic, happy frog, sunshine mix #4, etc are all good quality soils.

There has been no good soils at lowes, home depot, menards, Walmart...etc lately. :confused:There is a specialty garden store im heading to today. Hope they have a good selection. :thumb:

Any ideas on nutrients keeping in mind ease of use and pH bufferability? Still need a pH meter, but want to drop a little extra for a higher quality device that can take care of most readings.

Thanks in advance.

There has been no good soils at lowes, home depot, menards, Walmart...etc lately. :confused:There is a specialty garden store im heading to today. Hope they have a good selection. :thumb:

Any ideas on nutrients keeping in mind ease of use and pH bufferability? Still need a pH meter, but want to drop a little extra for a higher quality device that can take care of most readings.

Thanks in advance.

I run floronova. 1 part grow. 1 part bloom. easy peasy. I also add kool bloom. And other various additives.. but you could run just floronova grow or bloom by itself. Works like a champ. Not expensive.

Thanks :D , I'm always looking for help and honing my skills. I do have one question, what does everyone use for nutrients? The more simple the better in terms of its use in soil and its buffering ability for pH.

:thanks:
Personally, my current girl is in Fox Farm Happy Frog soil, but as Weedy mentioned, Roots Organic is really good, too. I use the Dyna-Gro nutrient lineup along with Big Bud and Terpinator. The mix ratios are different throughout a plant's life cycle, no real schedule. I haven't seen any problems using what I do, but that doesn't mean you can't have great success with what others are using, too.

Back
Top Bottom