Brand/Type of good Temp/Hum day/night controller

ewmedical

Looking at the evc-2 and the titan kronus 4. Do these devices require other components to facilitate operation? These type of devices appear to be straight forward when setting day/night controls and with regard to intake/exhaust and heating. What is the word? [/B]

This is the one I have... no problems w/it so far:

Cap AIR-4 - Temperature / Humidity / CO2 Controller

The AIR-4 has all the features of the AIR-3 with the addition of independent temperature and humidity controls. It also has an increased power capacity to control up to 15 amps of equipment. An additional outlet is provided which will power equipment only during the 'day' cycle. Features include independent temperature and humidity control, coordinated CO2 sequencing and an additional outlet that is powered only while the lights are on. The AIR-4 is rated for 15 amps @ 120 volts.

Thanks for the reply. I've checked into the Kronus 4, evc-2, CAP air4 and 3dn, and green air ct-ct-3p. The evc-2 appears to have more control. 2 temp control outlets, 1 humidity outlet, 1 co2 outlet, and 1 outlet for a heater at night, it is also all digital. I'm not sure if the co2 outlet is for tank or burner? The others have only 4 outlets with manual controls with the same variance in measurements. +/-1f and +/-3%rh. here is a little evc-2 memo YouTube - ‪Sentinel EVC-2 Environmental controller demonstration‬‏

Price shipping not included
Kronus 4 319.00-400.00
evc-2 220.00-300.00
CAP 4 215.00-250.00
GAP 240.00-340.00

Thanks for the reply. I've checked into the Kronus 4, evc-2, CAP air4 and 3dn, and green air ct-ct-3p. The evc-2 appears to have more control. 2 temp control outlets, 1 humidity outlet, 1 co2 outlet, and 1 outlet for a heater at night, it is also all digital. I'm not sure if the co2 outlet is for tank or burner? The others have only 4 outlets with manual controls with the same variance in measurements. +/-1f and +/-3%rh. here is a little evc-2 memo YouTube - ‪Sentinel EVC-2 Environmental controller demonstration‬‏

Price shipping not included
Kronus 4 319.00-400.00
evc-2 220.00-300.00
CAP 4 215.00-250.00
GAP 240.00-340.00

Just got mine today, the only downside to it is you cant use a heating and cooling device together, you can only do either heating or cooling. but it does work in conjunction with Humidity and co2 controls.

I paid $225.50 shipped for mine from The Hydro Source

And im pretty sure the co2 will control either regulator or burner

I have a Sentinel chhc-4. I find it works well. It did break down on me last Sunday. Its back up and running 2 days later though. I emailed them on a Sunday and received a response within a half hour. They gave me the option of sending me what they thought was a faulty part or send me a brand new unit. I opted for the new part. It arrived and the unit was back running on on Tuesday. Controllers for the most part will give you many years of service. I was just impressed by the customer service I received from Sentinel.

dumpy i know it sounds redic but where i live is very cold and dry (not humid).

During the day the lights put off so much heat when the grow chamber is sealed that it needs to be ventilated, now at night when the lights are not running and the temps drop to 10*F outside it gets cold and needs a space heater jsut to bring the temp up a bit.

Right now i just have the heater on a timer but im going to buy a separate thermostat for the heater when i need it, obviously i dont need it during the summer but we have a long cold season here so i need that heater like at least 6 or 7 months outta the year

Ok. I must have misunderstood. I thought you were looking asking for a controller that ran heating and cooling simultaneously. Meaning while the heat is running, so is the cooling. I didnt see why there would be a need for them to be fighting one another unless you were using a single ac unit to cool and also remove humidity. The chhc4 will run cooling, heating, humidity and Co2. The Co2 can also be interlocked with humidity and cooling cycles. If you are using a fan to exhaust excess heat or humidity, the unit will shut down Co2 until either cycle has reached its set point. There are separate receptacles on the side of a chhc4. Heating, cooling, humidity and Co2.
The only downfall i see with the unit is if it fails in an enclosed environment, it doesnt shut the light off or alert me that something is abnormal. If anyone has a software that theyre running on a chhc4 that will send an alert from the unit I would love to know wher i could find it because it happened to me. Luckily i caught it in time. Went to the tent to take pics for my grow journal and found it had failed. Karma.

Back
Top Bottom