Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

6259590ce54336901a31a4d3c1422e4c.jpg

Ok Doc, this garlic girl is getting ready for another drench
072adbc6acb09468186c9b19d9d64696.jpg
9d872f5787245cf0984ccdbef66dbb50.jpg
. I'm still battling thru low humidity. Her new growth is looking greener. Last drench was over a week ago, but I've been adding just water when needed, I also scratched in some roots before water. I saw where DS dunked his 3 girls in 30ml of ge and 5 mls of tea in 3 gals of water. I must have been way under feeding the soil. I was dunking little ones with only 2 mls of ge and .5 ml of tea mixed with 1.25 gals of water in a 5gal bucket. This is where I'm messing up I feel, my plants aren't really hooking up with soil. But this zkittles is most vigorous one yet in the kit

I do wonder... if you bought a kit... and did Most your drenches the way Doc and Dark are... would there even be enough for 6 plants? All the way through? I'm Jy great at math... and don't really wanna figure it up this morning .

Nope, no way, that's where I'm unsure. I just not sure on how much to add. I thought 1ml per gal of soil and it didn't matter about how much water like synthetic nutes. I'm lost on 30ml of drench for 1 gal pots. I've went thru a quart of trans and just started flower lol. I can't figure out how they come to this number for the drenches. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I gave one of my girls 12 ml of trans and 3 ml of 3 in 1 gal of water, and this morning she looks dead, not very happy at all. I hate guessing, I'm gonna toss it out too, my numbers are dwindling. First time I've ever lost a plant, is this run and I've lost 2 lol.

Look at this cold spot in my veg room, you can see where the 8 ft piece of styrofoam insulation stops, my room is 9 ft wide.
6a2661584fea2795a9bd29255905ab0c.jpg
I truly believe this is the cause of most of my issues. My girls in flower room are thriving, doing great (especially compared to them 2 weeks before I flipped).

All this cold weather, my electric has been out for past 3 days, don't want to leave until electric is back on. I'm always last one to get power back. We lost water a day after electric went out. I'm lucky that I have big generators, but done burnt thru 250 gallons of diesel. So I didn't skip a beat, took about 5secs for transfer switch to kick over to generator. It's all good, lights are still on. But should have Normal power tomorrow

Wow, that's cold. Definitely could be a problem. Is your room sealed? I just sealed my 8x8 foot room but the temps get too hot even in the winter, I'd have to open the window and lose my seal or run an A/C that exhausts out into 0 degrees air (not exactly stealthy when vapor condenses). I'm kind of jealous you have a section of cold concrete that could possibly cool your room. Looks like too much cooling right now, but if you seal up your room could the heat balance the concrete out?

Damn man that cold spot probably is not helping at all. i am sure that with it getting that cold the biota are struggling to survive. So no matter how much trans and tea you give you wont see any positive improvements. You are right about the 1 mil per gallon of soil thing and then doubling would be 2 mils. I usually dunk 10+ at a time and usually use 30 mils of whatever drench I am going to use. i look back at the directions from before the new kit. It did not care how much soil that was used so much as how many plants. 1 oz of drench was for 6 plants. So even at 30 mils for my dunks it is probably on the light side.

So now, I'm sorry I jump in on conversations. But.. I'm going to be outta here till around the 15th. Paperwork on my house doesn't finish until then. So I need to get all of that done. All parts. Everything ordered on seriously the 16th. So I am asking for help to get a list of supplies. basically 4.5 by 4.5 times 2 plus the 2x4 veg which is actually double stacked. But I think I'm just going to use my t5's on the top layer. I'm getting kicked out of this house I'm staying at. Gotta live in the woods for a week. For some reason, you can not be honest with women. Fairy tales, rainbows and unicorns are all they care about. Doesn't matter that I have spent a thousand bucks on her in the last week. Been friends for 20 years, but somehow facts and reality do not exist for women. At least on the west coast.

Stupid double post cuz uploading photos wasn't working for me. K. I was saving this as a joke until I got my system up and running, but now that buck got the han solo seeds. He needs to send me one just so I can make the joke better. Here is what I was going to put in the middle of my plants. I have been stocking up on toys to do this shite right.

Nice! Coming around nicely!.

This one was alright but just light green. It looks weird at moment while its greening up. But she's growing like crazy. After trying different things, I found best way to dunk is doing 1oz per 3 gals of water. I gotta get my pots to dry out together, at least in groups of 2-3. The 1ml per gal of soil works great in veg if you don't dunk. I was giving too diluted. I do good in flower, I was struggling in veg. Plus I got floor covered now, made huge difference

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around the 1oz in 3 gal of water...
Just seems like a lot of product when a kit is supposed to do 6 plants seed to harvest. Not bashing the kit at all... it grows great produce no doubt... I just don't see how anyone could do 6 plants with one kit and not need to order more of the drenches. I'm probably wrong though.
Happy to hear to got that spot covered on the floor... crazy how cold that small area was. Anyway, looking good! Looking forward to seeing your next ones close to harvest... you grow some very nice plants!

Still having a hard time wrapping my head around the 1oz in 3 gal of water...
Just seems like a lot of product when a kit is supposed to do 6 plants seed to harvest. Not bashing the kit at all... it grows great produce no doubt... I just don't see how anyone could do 6 plants with one kit and not need to order more of the drenches. I'm probably wrong though.
Happy to hear to got that spot covered on the floor... crazy how cold that small area was. Anyway, looking good! Looking forward to seeing your next ones close to harvest... you grow some very nice plants!

Just can't do a long veg, because once veg is over you can do the 1ml per gal of soil. I'm going to do a little test on next run. Take 4 clones, 2 will get 1oz dunks and other 2 will get 1ml per gallon of soil. That way we can compare. It finally set in why the 1oz is the ticket. Plants are only getting a small amount when you dunk, most stays in bucket. When you top feed, the plant gets 100% of what you mixed up.

If person really wanted to, could probably topfeed the entire time. In past with synthetics that was hit and miss for me. It was all in how I watered them. Sometimes roots would be great and rest of time just good or decent.

If you notice when you dunk with 3 gal of water. After 3 plants, still have 2 gal or more of water in bucket. I kept thinking in my head(which is screwed up) that was too much. My OCD had me doing individually. This kit is really too easy once you get used too it. I've learned a shitload by doing it wrong

Yes sir... I understand that about the left overs... I guess what I'm saying
Is... you wouldn't be able to follow what doc and Dark are doing with only the kit. If you do the drenches proper and dunk the 1gals... you won't have enough for a while run with 6 plants.
Sure if you just do the by the gallon of soil it would work. But no way would it if you did proper dunking. Sorry... that's all. I won't keep bringing it up. I really like your idea of experimenting... that stuff gets me all excited .

Yes sir... I understand that about the left overs... I guess what I'm saying
Is... you wouldn't be able to follow what doc and Dark are doing with only the kit. If you do the drenches proper and dunk the 1gals... you won't have enough for a while run with 6 plants.
Sure if you just do the by the gallon of soil it would work. But no way would it if you did proper dunking. Sorry... that's all. I won't keep bringing it up. I really like your idea of experimenting... that stuff gets me all excited .

I've noticed that I always veg way longer than others, that's why I burn thru so much. That zkittles one is 18" tall, she has potential to be huge. And she's only had 2 trans. Key is having your pots dry out together, that's what I'm in process of now

Back
Top Bottom