Brick Pops His Cherry - CFL

So last night I had a grueling realization...

You're not supposed to transplant autoflowers, I totally forgot hahaha. So rather than wait any longer, I went ahead and very carefully transplanted the OG kush into its 3 gallon smart pot. Hopefully I didn't stunt the growth too much but maybe I caught it early enough.

Can't wait to see the end results! You plan on cloning them at all?

Quite possibly yes, I'll just have to figure out a place for the clones. I also might give a few stoner girls I know some clones for their birthdays coming up haha

I'm going to do an update tonight since its day 10, I get off work at 4:30 and the lights come back on at 6:30 pm central time. So I should have something up around 7 or so.

Day 10

Okay guys, here we are 10 days into my first grow. Thanks to everyone who's watching and to all who are replying. Let's get started with some photos, let me know how the plants look or if you think I should be doing anything different.

I mixed a few drops of grow big into some water and used about a half cup between all 4 of them, just to moisten the soil some and add a tiny nute boost. They look like they're growing a little slowly to me but I could be wrong.

Here's the family...

image31268.jpg

OG Kush Autoflower -
Okay so I realized that you're not supposed to transplant autoflowers, I knew that to begin with but totally forgot... So while it was still young I moved it into its final pot.
image31269.jpg

White Castle -
This ones looking very dark green and healthy :)
image31270.jpg

Shoreline -
This is definitely the most vigorous so far. Growing the fastest!
image31271.jpg

DJs Gold -
And the last one but certainly not the least!
image31272.jpg

That's it for now, I do have a question though, are there any supplemental nutrients I should pickup and start using? Remember I've only got grow big and tiger bloom right now.

They're looking great right now! I wouldn't be giving them any nutrients for another few weeks. They won't need them until the 3-5 node. They'll tell you when they're ready, there will be a slow down in growth and there may be a bit of yellowing on the bottom fan leaves.

As for the nute usage, I think you want to to get Big Bloom still, if you want to stick with that nute line. I think these 3-part systems work best with all parts, at least starting out. I'm not too familiar with the FF trio though, so you may want to do some reading. There are also some great basic feeding schedules in this sticky:
Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Keep up the good work!

They're looking great right now! I wouldn't be giving them any nutrients for another few weeks. They won't need them until the 3-5 node. They'll tell you when they're ready, there will be a slow down in growth and there may be a bit of yellowing on the bottom fan leaves.

As for the nute usage, I think you want to to get Big Bloom still, if you want to stick with that nute line. I think these 3-part systems work best with all parts, at least starting out. I'm not too familiar with the FF trio though, so you may want to do some reading. There are also some great basic feeding schedules in this sticky:
Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Keep up the good work!
Awesome thanks jojo!

I'll go and pickup big bloom today after work.

My plants are considered in veg already right? It's day 11 from UNgermed seed.

Well, I would call them seedlings still. It's tough to get the same answer from people on this subject, but most agree that 3-5 nodes is when it enters the vegetative growth stage and that's when you can start light feeding. It's usually 3-4 weeks from sprouting, so you have a little ways to go. They should start taking off now, though!

Thanks jojo!

I just ordered a 400w HID set cause I decided that I'm just not gonna have enough light later in the plants life. It's a dimmable ballast (50% 75% 100%) that supports mh and HPS.

It should definitely free up some space cord wise, only thing I'm concerned about is heat but I'm thinking the exhaust can handle it.

Day 13

Hey guys, back for a quick update. So I was worried that my babies weren't growing as fast as they should be but now that I've looked back at previous photos I can definitely tell they're moving along great. I am a bit concerned about the shoreline though because she's seeming droopy and just doesn't want to bounce back. She looks healthy color wise but just seems unhappy.

I also ordered an HID light kit, 400w MH and HPS included. It will be here Wednesday, I'm gonna go ahead and transplant the last 3 ladies to their final pots when I change the lights out.

Let's get started with some photos!

Auto OG Kush
image31503.jpg

Shoreline (the one I'm concerned about)
image31504.jpg

image31505.jpg

White Castle
image31506.jpg

DJs Gold
image31507.jpg

Let me know what you guys think about my shoreline. Any thoughts or advice is welcome!

Thanks guys!

Brick...these all look good to me but I'm also new. My eyes are old. Is that 3 nodes? Jim

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not sure what classifies a node. My understanding of a node, it's a point on the stem where leaves branch off. So if that's the case then I think I'm still on 1 node.

Well, each leaf set defines where a new node is growing, so most of yours have 3 nodes. They're probably still too small to start feeding though.

Maybe the one in the styrofoam is looking a little sad because of the cup? I'm not sure why, but it could be that the styrofoam lets light through to the roots or it is being overwatered? They all look good to me though!

Yeah I was actually thinking the styrofoam might have had something to do with it jojo. I'm sure they'll be okay until transplant though.

Hey grouchy! To answer your question; yes I am planning to replace the CFLs with 400w HID Metal Halide on Wednesday. Also have an HPS setup coming too for flowering.

Back
Top Bottom