Brick Pops His Cherry - CFL

You're doing things right! One thing on the pH meter - treat it right! You want to store it either in a 4.0 pH calibration solution or in a KCl (potassium chloride) solution to keep it in good shape. More info here:
PH pen reservoir mod

Also be sure to calibrate your pen regularly (at least every week or 2). A large percentage of people's problems are pH related, it seems. I treated my first one poorly and never calibrated, and of course I was several points off my range and had dying plants... Learn from my mistakes!

Sounds like you'll have a great setup and all the tools to go along with it. It sucks having to re-buy the equipment, but you should have all the essentials now!

I've always wanted a PH meter but never wanted to shell out the money for a good one, but I think the gen hydro PH test solution works great. It's also the cheapest way. Which did you get? I'd love to know how you like yours and how it works for this grow

Not sure if I can say it on the forums since it's not a sponsor product... So if not mods take this down, it's a "DrMeter PH002", it's like $16 I found it on Amazon.

did you put the holes in the cup before or just....
:goodjob:

Yes there were 5 holes on the bottom and two small holes at the bottoms of the sides.

I moved the 3 remaining plants to their final pots last night, the shoreline has come down with an illness. I believe it's ph fluctuations, will confirm today since my meter is arriving finally. I transplanted a bit early in hopes that it will bounce back in a new home away from styrofoam. Will post up some photos tonight when I get off work. Fingers crossed that they're still alive! Lol

Day 15

Okay guys back with an update. Just got my ph meter and found out my brothers tap water is running high on the ph scale around 7.6... So that would probably be why my shoreline was beginning to die on me. Luckily I purchased some distilled water and was able to flush them out. They've all been transplanted to their final pots and have spent their first night in them already. They seem to be loving their new homes.

Let's start with the sick one. She looked ten times worse yesterday, she's perked back up and the new growth looks very healthy.
Shoreline
image31614.jpg

image31617.jpg

White Castle
image31618.jpg

DJs Gold
image31619.jpg

Auto OG Kush
image31620.jpg

That's all of them, let me know what you guys think!

I guess I left out a lot of important info didn't I!?

Temp - 72f low 82f high
Rh - 36% low 56% high

The OG kush auto has been under a single store bought LED. I forget the exact wattage but it's 1400 lumens and VERY concentrated on a single point. Quite the awesome light honestly, the plant is growing FAST. I could definitely see a light like this being used to grow a single plant by itself. But tomorrow when the metal halide arrives, it will be coming out.

Subbed in -- can't wait!

Awesome, thanks for jumping in brother!

Running 4 ladies,

Devils harvest shoreline, DNA genetics DJs gold (first recorded journal for the strain), dinafem OG kush Autoflower and nirvana White Castle.

Tomorrow I have a new 400w HID setup arriving tomorrow, no more CFLs after tomorrow!

Have you considered LEDs? Just curious. I like to hear peoples opinions on LEDs vs HID.

If I had the money to pay for LED I would probably have the most expensive top notch brand I could find because just based on how my auto OG kush is growing under this $32 led bulb, I would definitely grow using LEDs. Now, my opinion may change after I see these new HID lights in action later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom