Brick Pops His Cherry - CFL

Looking good! They're starting to pick up now. Just wait until you can't control them anymore! It is indeed good to have them compact, at least in flowering (so the buds are more dense). It can be tough to work with compact plants during veg as it's harder to control where you want them to be (if using LST), but overall it is a good thing!

The temps are a little high, but they should be perfectly fine for veg. Just keep an eye on the edges of the leaves. If they start to curl upward, they are trying to transpire (sweat) from the bottom of the leaves to keep them cooler. I don't see any of this though. Plus I think you're in the US, so it should start cooling down soon.

As for the damaged leaves, it's all personal choice. Some cut them off, but I like to leave them. My reasoning is that if the plant has deficiencies, it's going to pull nutrients from the lower leaves and kill them anyway, so they'll probably die eventually. If you leave them on, the lowest/ugly ones will get sucked dry first! Sometimes when you have damaged leaves popping up it's good to remove them to make sure the problem isn't spreading to other leaves though. You don't have to worry about that yet, they look great!

I'm actually a bit jealous how compact they are...

Looking good! They're starting to pick up now. Just wait until you can't control them anymore! It is indeed good to have them compact, at least in flowering (so the buds are more dense). It can be tough to work with compact plants during veg as it's harder to control where you want them to be (if using LST), but overall it is a good thing!

The temps are a little high, but they should be perfectly fine for veg. Just keep an eye on the edges of the leaves. If they start to curl upward, they are trying to transpire (sweat) from the bottom of the leaves to keep them cooler. I don't see any of this though. Plus I think you're in the US, so it should start cooling down soon.

As for the damaged leaves, it's all personal choice. Some cut them off, but I like to leave them. My reasoning is that if the plant has deficiencies, it's going to pull nutrients from the lower leaves and kill them anyway, so they'll probably die eventually. If you leave them on, the lowest/ugly ones will get sucked dry first! Sometimes when you have damaged leaves popping up it's good to remove them to make sure the problem isn't spreading to other leaves though. You don't have to worry about that yet, they look great!

I'm actually a bit jealous how compact they are...

Awesome thanks for the info! Yeah it should be cooling down soon hopefully. I was going to do some LST but I talked with my brother and he's particular about letting it grow normal for our first grow then do all the training on the next grows. So I won't be doing any LST this grow, which I am kind of glad cause it does kind of scare the crap out of me haha.

I'm actually very amazed at how compact the regular photoperiod plants are! They're all starting on their 6th nodes and barely 4-5 inches tall.

I'm planning on flipping to 12/12 at the 6 weeks mark, so 3 weeks from today. Since the og kush is and autoflower, would it hurt it to be on 12/12 for the last 4 weeks of its life?

I'm planning on flipping to 12/12 at the 6 weeks mark, so 3 weeks from today. Since the og kush is and autoflower, would it hurt it to be on 12/12 for the last 4 weeks of its life?

Hey there,

Saw your question in FAQs and thought of answering here.

In short, it wont literally hurt the plant, she should not be in any harm. In theory that is. On 12/12 you will notice flower development slow down and will take a little longer to finish, but other then that if it's genetically stable I don't see why you should worry.

Just a disclaimer, I've only grown autoflowers on 18/6 because I never had any space to have more then 2 plants at a time, but I've germinated and kept auto's inside for 2-3 weeks then placed them outdoors without any downfalls whatsoever. They still flowered on time and grew into happy little girls.

I do see the risk behind it turning hermie on you, but I believe the autoflowering genes are very stable and I haven't had any do that on me no matter what punishment I've put them through (nute burns, pH imbalance, dropping them as babies..all kinds of horrible abuse).

Hope this helps! :circle-of-love:

Hey there,

Saw your question in FAQs and thought of answering here.

In short, it wont literally hurt the plant, she should not be in any harm. In theory that is. On 12/12 you will notice flower development slow down and will take a little longer to finish, but other then that if it's genetically stable I don't see why you should worry.

Just a disclaimer, I've only grown autoflowers on 18/6 because I never had any space to have more then 2 plants at a time, but I've germinated and kept auto's inside for 2-3 weeks then placed them outdoors without any downfalls whatsoever. They still flowered on time and grew into happy little girls.

I do see the risk behind it turning hermie on you, but I believe the autoflowering genes are very stable and I haven't had any do that on me no matter what punishment I've put them through (nute burns, pH imbalance, dropping them as babies..all kinds of horrible abuse).

Hope this helps! :circle-of-love:

Thanks so much daTenshi!

I have seen a few people mention that 12/12 for the last 2 weeks for them seems to bring out more potential. Unconfirmed of course but maybe there is some truth to it, we'll find out I guess! :)

Thanks again man, I really appreciate all the help from everyone!

Awesome thanks for the info! Yeah it should be cooling down soon hopefully. I was going to do some LST but I talked with my brother and he's particular about letting it grow normal for our first grow then do all the training on the next grows. So I won't be doing any LST this grow, which I am kind of glad cause it does kind of scare the crap out of me haha.

I'm actually very amazed at how compact the regular photoperiod plants are! They're all starting on their 6th nodes and barely 4-5 inches tall.

I think we were all scared the first time we wanted to try LST! After you do it a bit, you see how resilient these plants are. There's no problem finishing your first grow regularly, but you will likely increase yield if you do use some LST. Maybe even try topping/FIMing one plant?

As for the auto plant, you shouldn't have any issue growing it in 12/12 for any amount of its life. I'm no auto grower though, and I'm not sure how changing the lighting halfway through flowering affects it... I'd doubt it would stress the plant much.

I think we were all scared the first time we wanted to try LST! After you do it a bit, you see how resilient these plants are. There's no problem finishing your first grow regularly, but you will likely increase yield if you do use some LST. Maybe even try topping/FIMing one plant?

As for the auto plant, you shouldn't have any issue growing it in 12/12 for any amount of its life. I'm no auto grower though, and I'm not sure how changing the lighting halfway through flowering affects it... I'd doubt it would stress the plant much.

Yeah I might try some training on one of them. Gonna do some reading this week.

I've read somewhere before that changing the lighting of autos to 12/12 in the last two weeks helps give them a density/potency buildup but it's unconfirmed.

Got a little surprise for everyone!!

This beautiful lady gave me a big surprise yesterday and showed me some preflower auto OG Kush!

image32358.jpg

She also gave me a sneak peek at her scent and OH MY GOD it is amazing!! That classic dank sour skunky smell, it's perfect!!!

Oh, man that preflower is sure pretty!

Can't wait to see the end result! What's your yield goal?
:bravo:
She's looking amazing! As for end yield, I'm kinda just hoping I get 1.5-2 oz of dry bud per plant. So hopefully a half pound of dry bud all together.

My brother and myself are kings of making bud last lol, well make a qt oz last us a month and still be smoking every day.

I'm probably going to "take a donation" for a couple ounces so I can get my money back for the grow room supplies. But other than that, this is mainly personal use and just bringing buddies over to smoke and what not.

I'll be doing another update today after 4:30. The plants are looking great!

Day 27 (yesterday)

Sorry guys got busy last night. Here's some updated photos!! The plants got their first "over watering" meaning 1 gallon each to flush out any salt buildup and what not. I didn't test the run off, they were flushed with distilled water phd to 6.5.

The flushing went well although I must say it is a workout hahaha. Since I'm not using anything under the pots to catch water I'm taking them to the bath tub right now and I gotta hold them up to let the water run out lol but it's gonna be worth it in the end!!

Here we go!

The family
image32588.jpg

Shoreline
image32589.jpg

DJs Gold
image32590.jpg

Autoflower OG Kush (Dinafem)
image32591.jpg

White Castle
image32592.jpg

There they are, I'm really loving the DJs gold, it's growing like a boss!

The og kush will be getting flower nutes in about a week or so. Next feeding will be towards the end of this week when the soil dries out.

They're all looking very healthy! It's nice you're growing 4 strains and can see the differences between them! You'll also get to determine which ones you like growing and how they yield, etc.

On the watering - I hear you, it's not fun letting them drain out. When I grew in ProMix, I would put the pots in containers to catch the runoff, then hold them up while they drained most of the way, then transfer to a towel to soak up any extra drips. So much work! Those drain trays would be nice, but I'm not really sure where to find them, and they take up a bit of space. I've also heard people putting their containers on milk crates in the bathtub/shower. Something like that may make it easier!

Back
Top Bottom