Brick Pops His Cherry - CFL

Hell yes. So may I ask, what's your views on budwashing? I've never done it before? But am intrigued..

To be honest with you, I've never even heard of it? I'm definitely gonna have to look it up.

I didn't realize it was chopping time that soon! Everything is looking great, especially that OG Kush. It's just a BIG cola!

The OG is just under 13"s tall, looks like it's gonna be one big cola with a couple of smaller ones. I may get a quarter off it but oh well, I know where I messed up and will definitely take better precaution next time.

It's also beginning to show brown hairs, only 5 or 6 right on the tip but brown nonetheless.

To be honest with you, I've never even heard of it? I'm definitely gonna have to look it up.

It's also beginning to show brown hairs, only 5 or 6 right on the tip but brown nonetheless.

On budwashing - It's basically washing your buds with different solutions after cutting them down. It frees the dust/etc from the leaves and bud and is supposed to enhance flavor and aromatics. Check it out, Doc Bud has a tutorial on 420 somewhere... I tried it once, but didn't really notice a difference. I vape though, so that probably has everything to do with it! There were some nasties left in the water after washing though!

On harvesting - Are you just going by the breeder's recommended time? You typically want to use trichomes (not hairs) as an indicator of when to harvest. You probably know this though! I think that autos are a bit different when it comes to harvesting, but I have no idea since I don't grow them... Yet! :thumb:

On budwashing - It's basically washing your buds with different solutions after cutting them down. It frees the dust/etc from the leaves and bud and is supposed to enhance flavor and aromatics. Check it out, Doc Bud has a tutorial on 420 somewhere... I tried it once, but didn't really notice a difference. I vape though, so that probably has everything to do with it! There were some nasties left in the water after washing though!

On harvesting - Are you just going by the breeder's recommended time? You typically want to use trichomes (not hairs) as an indicator of when to harvest. You probably know this though! I think that autos are a bit different when it comes to harvesting, but I have no idea since I don't grow them... Yet! :thumb:

Oh yes I've been watching the trichomes, it's funny cause there's a lot of cloudy already but I know it's not done lol.

Awesome info there Jojo thank you so much. +Rep's to you my friend

Awesome thread so far can't wait to see when the end product!
How long do you plan on flowering the photos?

It's great isn't!!? Everyone's helping eachother and it's awesome!

I'm expecting these ladies to require about 9-11 weeks of flower. Hopefully the shorter side haha. I'm hoping to have dried bud that's been cured for atleast two weeks by New Years.

Yes I love finding threads like this all positive vibes and great information being handed around very helpful.

I have a grow going currently from bag seeds I've collected unforunately I have to cut them down on day 71 (probation) don't wanna risk it plus I can't taste them :(

but the knowledge I've learned is amazing.

I will say tho in what I've seen with my own grow is after 10 weeks they want more time and I can't give it to them sadly. So be patient if they could use more time give it I know your reaching for new years but I think as good as this grow is going you'll appreciate it so much more if you wait! I'm just a rookie but if hate to see you pull too early and waste all the potential these girls have

Yes I love finding threads like this all positive vibes and great information being handed around very helpful.

I have a grow going currently from bag seeds I've collected unforunately I have to cut them down on day 71 (probation) don't wanna risk it plus I can't taste them :(

but the knowledge I've learned is amazing.

I will say tho in what I've seen with my own grow is after 10 weeks they want more time and I can't give it to them sadly. So be patient if they could use more time give it I know your reaching for new years but I think as good as this grow is going you'll appreciate it so much more if you wait! I'm just a rookie but if hate to see you pull too early and waste all the potential these girls have

You're definitely right! I'm gonna be paying close attention to the trichomes. I won't be cutting her down if there's still clear trichomes. I'm waiting till those babies are fully developed!

Day 44

Quick photo update!!

The family
image567.jpeg

White Castle (front) Shoreline (back)
image568.jpeg

Auto OG (front) DJs Gold (back)
image569.jpeg

The DJs gold is over 18 inches tall now. The White Castle is over 16"s. The White Castle has an insane amount of undergrowth and it's thriving!!

Looking awesome Brick! That OG Kush looks great. Is it getting nice and hairy?

Yes it is very hairy and very frosty.

I must admit though, I don't think it's going to be anything special. It's beginning to smell kinda unpleasant, almost rotten...

Runoff was severely low ph. In the 5.0 area last night. Would definitely explain the ugly yellow leaves.

If it wasn't as close as it was to finishing I would just cut my losses and get rid of it.

Well that smell can't be good! I can't imagine it'd be pH related though... Does bud rot smell? I don't know if you have high humidity, but I'm just throwing it out there.

If it goes south, you can always make hash or butter!

Humidity is way too low for it to be mold or bud rot. She'll be coming down in about 7-10 days so we'll see how she turns out.

By the way, all of the other plants have been confirmed female.

Back
Top Bottom