Brick Pops His Cherry - CFL

They're all looking very healthy! It's nice you're growing 4 strains and can see the differences between them! You'll also get to determine which ones you like growing and how they yield, etc.

On the watering - I hear you, it's not fun letting them drain out. When I grew in ProMix, I would put the pots in containers to catch the runoff, then hold them up while they drained most of the way, then transfer to a towel to soak up any extra drips. So much work! Those drain trays would be nice, but I'm not really sure where to find them, and they take up a bit of space. I've also heard people putting their containers on milk crates in the bathtub/shower. Something like that may make it easier!

Milk crates are definitely something I'm considering. I think I've got a few old ones at my parents house so I'm gonna run over there and check after work today.

I started noticing the older leaves on the OG Kush are yellowing and getting kinda crispy. Not sure if it's nitrogen deficiency or if it's about the time they start to do so on their own? By older leaves I mean the first true set of leaves she's got and then a little bit on the first 3 leaf above it. The new growth at those same nodes by the main stem are perfectly healthy though.

Pictures would probably give us a better idea, but it could be either. It's perfectly natural to lose a few leaves that aren't getting enough light, but since it's small, I'd say it probably just needs a bit more nitrogen. Usually the leaves turn pale yellow before browning. It's also an autoflower, so it should be starting to stretch out more than the others about now, maybe requiring a few more nutes. I'm not an auto guy though!

That's kinda normal for auto's. Usually here I'd start adding a little food to the water (but not much). When they start flowering I always see them killing off their first leafs. As long as this doesn't progress too fast and upwards a lot, if it's just bottom leafs, and let's say 1-2 nodes up it's alright.
:circle-of-love:

That's what I needed to hear! Thanks man! Yeah I wasn't fully convinced it was deficiency because the alternating nodes at the same spot are producing healthy growth, it's just the older leaves near it that are slowly beginning to yellow.

I'm glad I'm being as patient as I have been. Normally I would have probably been all over it drowning it in nutrients lol. I'm definitely satisfied with the restraint I've shown with this plants. And they are definitely rewarding me with fast growth.

Day 31 (last night)

Quick photo update!

Auto OG kush and White Castle behind
image205.jpeg

Auto OG kush preflower
image206.jpeg

Shoreline and DJs Gold in back
image207.jpeg

Day 35

Okay guys we've begun the final week of veg!! So close I can smell it! (No seriously, I can actually smell the og kush :p) haha

Anyway, I ran into some phosphorus deficiency with the og kush autoflower, I guess it sucked up more than I thought. I gave it a hefty dose of tiger bloom today.

I'm experimenting with some LST on the shoreline and it seems to be going well. On to the photos!!

Autoflower OG kush
image260.jpeg

DJs Gold
image261.jpeg

White Castle
image262.jpeg

Shoreline
image263.jpeg

The family
image264.jpeg

Looking good! I was wondering how people did LST in fabric pots, and your last picture gave me the answer! :)

On my first grow I tried straight LST on one plant and multiple topping on another plant of the same strain. They both gave similar yields, but a lot of the stems from the LST plant were pretty flimsy. It's good to be cautious your first grow though!

Your plants are really going to start taking off now! Keep up the good work, they look SUPER healthy!

Thanks jojo! I actually changed the way I had the strings anchored. I took some scissors, pinched the side wall of the pot, and then cut a small horizontal slit. I can use the twist ties to poke through there and still reach the stem. Luckily the wall doesn't cave under pressure but the plants stem is very flexible for as thick as it is.

She's looking amazing! As for end yield, I'm kinda just hoping I get 1.5-2 oz of dry bud per plant. So hopefully a half pound of dry bud all together.

My brother and myself are kings of making bud last lol, well make a qt oz last us a month and still be smoking every day.

I'm probably going to "take a donation" for a couple ounces so I can get my money back for the grow room supplies. But other than that, this is mainly personal use and just bringing buddies over to smoke and what not.

I'll be doing another update today after 4:30. The plants are looking great!

Yeah that would be nice! I'd definitely be happy with 2 oz a plant. It probably wouldn't take much to recoup your expenses on the grow. A few ounces would for sure cover that.

I want to grow autos though. Something different and fun. Do you prefer autos or photos?

Yeah that would be nice! I'd definitely be happy with 2 oz a plant. It probably wouldn't take much to recoup your expenses on the grow. A few ounces would for sure cover that.

I want to grow autos though. Something different and fun. Do you prefer autos or photos?

As of right now, I'm really loving the speed of the autos. They're very resilient but this one definitely sucked up a lot of phosphorus and fast! The photos have no deficiencies that I can see, the auto ran into a phos deficiency but I believe I corrected it over the weekend.

So far I'm leaning towards autos, although my White Castle photo plant is growing ridiculously vigorous, it's outdone the Autoflower in growth and it's the same age. I'm expecting good things from it.

I'll probably try at least 1 auto for my next grow. Not sure which strain I'd go with but I'm watching yours for possible selections.

Keep up the good work!:cheer:

It looks like my auto has stopped its vertical growth so it's probably not going to yield a lot but I'm not too worried about it. It's something to smoke while I wait for the others to finish! :)

It looks like my auto has stopped its vertical growth so it's probably not going to yield a lot but I'm not too worried about it. It's something to smoke while I wait for the others to finish! :)

absolutely! Haha
It's like a sampler so you don't get impatient and smoke the other stuff early! :thumb:

Day 40

Nearing the end for the OG Kush Autoflower, figure about 21 days or so left for it. It's producing some crazy trichomes.. I'm gonna feed it one to two more times this week and then begin the final flush before harvest.

The lights have officially been switched to 12/12 HPS. I will begin the flowering nutes this week.

The White Castle has some awesome undergrowth, growing very vigorously.

Let's get to some photos...

The family
image408.jpeg

Autoflower OG Kush
image409.jpeg

White Castle
image428.jpeg

DJs Gold
image429.jpeg

Shoreline
image430.jpeg

All in all seems like we're coming along great!

Back
Top Bottom