Brown on end of clone stems, aeroponic: Help!

therealcamk

420 Member
Hello, I’ve had 1 successful cloning attempt, things were beautiful. However, this time, things seem to be moving along well, but there is this brown substance on the end of a lot of my clones. (I’ll post a picture of my last clones for comparison)

I just cleaned out my cloner yesterday (was spotless, cleaned pump / sprayers thoroughly with H2o2)

but now if you look in the bottom corners you can see it’s returned. It literally looks like dirt granules ‍♂️

what is this?? Should I be worried? Should I trash them, or let them do their thing? I have new neoprene collars coming in the mail, my guess is that whatever this brown dirt like substance is from the collars, which I didn’t replace, unfortunately.
I’m running Clear Rez and Clonex rooting solution, along with some Prop-o-gator.

the plants are as healthy as can be above / below the collars, except for this. A bit frustrating!!

these clones are only 4 days old. Please help!

471CFA41-A199-423F-BED8-F316BE454C62.jpeg

AD6C14E7-47ED-4E56-B2C2-88488B0388BF.jpeg

A3DA4CD2-DEF5-4359-8234-AABB7CF52D78.jpeg

Hello, I’ve had 1 successful cloning attempt, things were beautiful. However, this time, things seem to be moving along well, but there is this brown substance on the end of a lot of my clones. (I’ll post a picture of my last clones for comparison)

I just cleaned out my cloner yesterday (was spotless, cleaned pump / sprayers thoroughly with H2o2)

but now if you look in the bottom corners you can see it’s returned. It literally looks like dirt granules ‍♂️

what is this?? Should I be worried? Should I trash them, or let them do their thing? I have new neoprene collars coming in the mail, my guess is that whatever this brown dirt like substance is from the collars, which I didn’t replace, unfortunately.
I’m running Clear Rez and Clonex rooting solution, along with some Prop-o-gator.

the plants are as healthy as can be above / below the collars, except for this. A bit frustrating!!

these clones are only 4 days old. Please help!

471CFA41-A199-423F-BED8-F316BE454C62.jpeg

AD6C14E7-47ED-4E56-B2C2-88488B0388BF.jpeg

A3DA4CD2-DEF5-4359-8234-AABB7CF52D78.jpeg
Hello @therealcamk hope you are well.
I apologize for taking so long to find your question.
Usually someone would have chimed in by now.
I used a cloner similar to yours way back.
I found if temps rise I got brown sludge on the stems.
But I see white nodules so they are starting to sprout roots.
If you have cleaned everything with h2o2 I think they will be ok.
Let them finish sprouting roots and clean again if it gets worse but I think you will be fine.
Keep up the good work.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom