Bud in a Box! First Bagseed Grow Experiment in a Homemade Grow Box

SVNDR420

Hey guys, to start off sorry for the shocking photos ill have that fixed by next update post. This is my first ever grow and to start all of this off, about 1 1/2 weeks ago my fiance planted 5 seeds in our backyard, and deffinately not in the best soil, i didnt use any other method to make them sprout but good old mother nature and 2 or 3 waterings. Since then 3 have sprouted, straight away my boyfriend jumped online and looked for some proper grow boxes but way to pricey LOL.

img_20110718_04_56_03_2182540.jpg

So we fasioned one out of a cardboard box (until he makes one with ply wood), using aluminium foil on the inside (untill we get either mylar or was going to experiment with a car windscreen sun protector(comments?))
img_20110718_04_59_22_5094920.jpg

I dug our babies carefully out of the ground and removed as much if the soil on them as i could (99.5%) and then transplanted them into new black drainage pots. They seem to like them LOL

img_20110718_05_01_18_5946280.jpg

I noticed one of our babies was missing a leaf due to an injury :( i hope she makes it through, all my luck is with her!!

img_20110718_05_06_54_4636720.jpg

Now they are in their new home for time being they seem healthy, fresh water, no nutes or ferts yet.

img_20110718_05_11_39_4713940.jpg

In the grow box (50cm x 50 cm/sq) is 1 48w Power Saving CFL equal to 240w (getting one more soon), it emits about 2400lm (approx.) Comments welcome here too?

img_20110718_05_13_23_4017050.jpg

img_20110718_05_15_07_6901320.jpg

There is also a little pc type fan blowing air out through a vent in the top, amazingly it works quite well, good airflow.

I will be updating with pictures and info daily right through till the end. Once the man has made our new box in about 1 week ill be transplanting again into slight bigger pots.

Until then comments welcome on what i should or shouldnt be doing to help our little babies grow?

-SAMMY

Re: Bud in a Box!! First Bagseed Grow Experiment in a Homemade Grow Box

Also i do not have a thermometer yet but i will be getting one, and i forgot to add to the first post i have a little hallogen heat light at the front with a vent to keep it warm, what should the temp (in celcius) be in there for a good grow?

I've always kept mine in the mid 80s and they love it! You shouldn't have that halogen lamp to close! Or even discard it! The bulb will be hot enough! You will need more bulbs in a week or two anywho! Lumens lumens lumens! Wmart has a digital temp/rh for 8 bux

I've always kept mine in the mid 80s..

Thanks for the info, im in Australia so no wallmart unfortunately. In the grow box (50cm x 50 cm/sq) is 1 48w Power Saving CFL equal to 240w (getting one more soon), it emits about 2400lm (approx.) I can bare-handed touch these light (though i shouldnt). I purchased a Thermometer today along with another 30w Power Saver CFL equal 150w to 2050lm it says on the box.

Either way box temp is a steady 81℉, going to try drop that tomorrow to 75℉. I just cant wait for the box to be finished and most of the stress to be gone.

Ill update with some new photos either early tomorrow morning or every 3-5 days where i see growth.. thats AEST ;)

Good luck and happy growing!

looks good! gotta transplant mine from their rockwool cubes to my drainage pots as well relatively soon. Im in! :popcorn:

I've always kept mine in the mid 80s and they love it! You shouldn't have that halogen lamp to close! Or even discard it! The bulb will be hot enough! You will need more bulbs in a week or two anywho! Lumens lumens lumens! Wmart has a digital temp/rh for 8 bux

I got one at lowes with a remote sensor that even does RH, for about $19.99, been happy with it so far, also allows me to compare with the ambient room temp..

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom