Budding & Flowering Marijuana

You need to give it 12 hours of light and dark, no flushing until last 2 weeks before harvest. Maybe transplant into a different pot because they can double or triple in size, so if you do transplant give it a week to recover before flipping to flower. If you want to top your plant or anything do it not cause during flowering you can't. What strain are you growing?

he fella im doing pineapple chunk and blue cheese barneys farm ...i got them in 5 liter pots atm and only wanted them about 2 feet high ,maybe little more ..but wasnt sure if i had to leave them in dark for little wile or flush or what not ;)

Well you don't have to give it dark before going into flowering, that's a huge myth that 24-48 hours of darkness speeds up sexing it takes me 5 days at the earliest to tell sex. Youcan do it but in my opinion it's worthless, I haven't seen anything in Anyones journal to give me reason to do it. And flushing is something you do before harvest go get rid of the nutes in the bud sothe taste isn't so harsh and you get a smoother smoke along with curing.

:thanks: good to know :)
There is no set time on harvest...too many factors such as soil condition, stress, exact light cycle, strain, etc. Indicas average roughly 8 weeks, sativas even up to 12 weeks or more. If you have a camera with a macro mode you can use that in lieu of a microscope or jeweler's loupe but it will be essential in timing your harvest correctly. Don't go by the pistil color either.

In the last couple weeks you will notice your buds suddenly filling in a lot more, almost like a second growth spurt. The trichomes will seem to explode everywhere too. At that point you know you're getting close but without a way to check the trichs themselves it's a guessing game unless you sample often but that will result in a lower final yield.

Good luck! Reaping what you sow in this instance is a good thing! :thumb:

zLUxg6F.jpg

5 1/2 weeks of flower DUTCH TREAT crossed with JACK HERER (DUTCH CRUNCH)
The Top Leaves are odd?
The lower leaves are robust?

What is the correction?
Hydroponics.
68 - 69 f water / Water Chiller
77 - 79 f air / A/C
One plant / 5" net pot
24" x 36" x 83" / Space size
400 watt ballast
50 CFM exhaust with a carbon filter
Top Ventilation Fan

I just removed the fixed top mounted fan.
Added a oscillating fan at the base blowing under the canopy.
Under the canopy is lollipop trimmed.

LYu9cjp.jpg

Today makes 6 full weeks of 12/12!
64kjCFw.jpg

Heyy, great thread you guys, I have some problems with excessive fan leaves, can i defoliate and be able to sleep at nite knowing. They will be ok???
IMAG052512.jpg
IMAG053412.jpg
IMAG052815.jpg

And are the red hairs different then the mushroom shape triclones ??
The hairs are red in some places, does that mean its ready or will all the crystals change too???

any defoliation will stress the plant and can effect the yield, there are a couple of threads about defoliation, it seems to be a personal preference if you do it or not, yeah it will be getting more light but you are stressing it, it has its ups and downs... as far as red hairs, it is an indicator but you need a 30x magnifier to look at crystals for a somewhat amber look...

Tryin to fix a broken branch is stress ... I started defoliting I after
Snapped a fatt top ... Know i got to defoliate to save my favorit branch.
I didn't realize there were so many freaky fan leaves. People must trim the shit out of their plants to get them so pretyy st harvest. So we will see ...
Good luck... Let you know how it Goes.

Back
Top Bottom