Budward9's 3rd Grow - Multi-Strain - Indoor Soil - Top LED Grow Light

Budward9

What strain is it? C4 (two), Atomic Haze (two),
Magnum Platinum Haze (Detla9 Labs) (two)
Mango M1 (Roor seeds, I think its the same as CBD Mango Haze from the CBD-Crew (one)

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? C4 indica-heavy hybrid, others are mostly sativas, with the Mango being a CBD-heavy strain, supposedly.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... Most are on day 30, but one of the MPHaze was planted 2 weeks late, and one of the C4s is a runt and didn't spout until 1 week after the others.
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor closet grow
Soil or Hydro? Soil.
If soil... what is in your mix? Its complicated, see image below.
If soil... What size pot? 2Gal.
Size of light? Germinate under 3X23w of CFL, Veg/Flower under 2X300W (2x185 true watts) of LED from TopLEDGrowLight (purchased directly from SmokeSara, the 420Mag sponsor).
Ventilation/Cooling? Large box fan (circulation/heat reduction), 240CFM exhaust through 4inch carbon filter. Filter alone is controlling odor. I do have a small Ozone purify which I sometimes use (it really works well). I exhaust straight into the room that has the closet — window in room is cracked open to cool/ventilate.
Temp of Room/cab? Around 80F
RH of Room/cab? 33%
PH of media or res? Incoming water = 7.5-8.0, a bit high but so far no problems.
Any Pests ? Nope.
How often are you watering? Every 3-4days
Type and strength of ferts used? None yet but will start on FoxFarm Trio soon.

Hi guys,
This is my third grow. You can find details of my first grow elsewhere on 420Magazine. My second grow was a reveg/clone from my first grow, and was a DISASTER. Reveg was fine, cloning went fine (11 out of 12 survived) . . . and then after transplanting into Black Gold potting soil — everything went to SHIT (which is what the soil was made of, I think). The soil had fungus gnats, and would not drain no matter how long I waited. Roots never grew, new leaf growth would feed off of older growth, plants were stunted. Ended up getting only about 40g dry out of 4 plants. "Thanks, Obama."

So, due to my bad experience with what I think was shitsoil, I decided to hedge my bets and buy three of the "cool" soils everyone talks about: Fox Farm Happy Frog, TGA (The Green Avengers, not subcool) Natural and Organic Base Soil (not supersoil), and Roots Organic. So far, all soils are working well, and no sign of pests (I did scrub my room and pots with chlorine to make sure no carry-overs from the last grow impacted me on this grow).

See the image below for a mapping of strain / soil / and pot number.

(Note that all seedlings germinated in FFHF initially).

Soil is something that I found surprisingly hard to find good info on — "the forums" are filled with people asking "Do you like Soil XYZ?" and responses like "Dude, I LOVE Soil XYZ, I use it exclusively and get great results . . . all I do is mix 3 parts Soil XYZ with 1 part zebra guano, 2 parts crushed teradactyl shells, 1 cup himalayan compost tea, and top-dress with some pelletized unobtainium. Yessir, soil XYZ is truly amazing." - Gee, thanks!

My seeds were all purchased from Vancouver Seed Bank (store front). C4 and Atomic Haze are old standards there, while Magnum Platinum Haze seems kinda rare, and the Mango M1 seems to be no longer for sale anywhere (but I think its the same as CBD Mango Haze from CBD Crew).

History of my grow so far:
11/30 — 4 C4, 2AH, 1Mango, 2MPH dropped into shot glasses.
12/1 — all seeds sank, so into soil they went. Used Solo (Party) Cups.
12/6 — all AH sprouted, Mango OK, 1 C4 is OK. No sign of life from either of the MPH.
12/14 — Dropped 2 more MPH and 2 more C4 into shot glasses.
12/17 — One of the MPH sprouted, as did one C4.
12/18 — FIMMed pots 4,7,8,9, placed under the LEDs
12/21 — Transplant 4,7,8,9 from Solo Cups to 2gal pots.
12/28 — C4 (solo cup 2) showed some yellow leaves, so gave 1/4 strength Grow Big nutes.
12/29 — FIMMed pot 2, transplanted to 2gal pot.
12/30 — today. I may SuperCrop some of the upper branches of 4,7,8,9 today.

OK, enough of my yakking . . . lets grow!

Re: Budward9's 3rd Grow. Multi-strain, indoor soil, TopLEDGrowLight

Well, crap. I have lots of pictures to post, but I cant seem to remember how - please be patient while I figure it out . . .

I can post the link to the image gallery with the photos from this grow, but am unable to post the images directly in this thread.
Will try to fix this later. My apologies...

3rdGrow - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Here is the table which links the strain / soil / pot number.

Day 14

Day 18

Day 21

Day 24

Day 28

Hi KingJohnC,
Thanks for the link on how to imbed images in my posts. It looks like the critical step is clicking on the "Camera" icon, and that's where I'm stuck. I see no camera icon anywhere. It is possible this is because
I am posting everything using the TOR Browser (for security). Its possible the stripped-down Firefox browser used by TOR doesn't support some of 420's web widgets.

Do you think I should kill my journal, or carry-on and continue using links to the 420 image gallery?

Thanks,
Budward9

I'm back on Day 33 of my grow (and of veg). I plan to go another 2-3 days before flipping to 12:12 (except for plants
number 2 and 5 - they will stay under some CFLs for another 1-2 weeks to catch up).

The plants are generally looking and acting very healthy. However, I did see 1 or 2 fungus gnats! Shit. I hate those
damn things, and I'm worried they are partly to blame for my disastrous second grow. Anyone have good suggestions
on how to get rid of fungus gnats? The only thing I'm gonna do is let my soil dry out 100%, to the point where the
plants are wilting (begging for water). Hope that's not foolish of me.

Here are some progress pics. Again, sorry for the links...

Canopy, under the LEDs
canopy_day33 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

One of the 2 runts (this is a C4 in FFHF soil)
2_day33 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

This is the biggest one (Atomic Haze in TGA soil)
9_day33 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

This is the other Atomic Haze, in Roots Organic soil
8_day33 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

This is a Feminized Mango M1 CBD, in FFHF
7_day33 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

This is the other runt (but to be fair, its 15 days younger) - Feminized Magnum Platinum Haze in TGA soil
5_day18 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

This is a C4 in Roots Organic
4_day33 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

I plan to post updates every few days...

I appreciate any advice on ridding myself of the damn fungus gnats!

for soil insects I use diatomaceous earth top dressed on the soil, it cuts them as they move through it. I bought my diatomaceous earth from an animal feed store, do not use the type meant for pool filters. you can also use a mosquito dunks drench to kill fungus gnats. Sierra Natural Sciences also makes a soil drench called SNS-203 for soil insects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diatomaceous earth

SNS 203 Soil Drench Spray | Sierra Natural Science

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom