Burpee organic soil? Anyone ever use it for cannabis?

Jazz Kiwi

I just popped 5 seeds and put them into some organic soil I just bought cause it was the only organic soil at the store. Its Burpee organic soil. I've noticed it stays moist for a very long yime. I want to know if anyone has had any issues with this medium if they have used it before. I'm worried the ph is around 7 and I'm watering it 6.5 ph RO water so I dont know if that is gunna help lower the ph of the soil very much. Dont want spots or yellowing or lockout to accur on my seedlings when they are this young.

I've not used that soil, but I do use an organic super soil type. It takes a while to dry out too.

If the pH is at 7.0 and you are watering with 6.5 you will bring the pH down over time. Should be fine by the time nutrients are needed.

Most seedlings are not using nutrients yet anyway. They can usually go a week or so before needing nutrients.

I think you will be good. By the time you start feeding nutrients, the soil's pH should be within range.

Also, I've been told to be careful with RO water into the soil. It will rob nutrients out if you have any runoff. Need to be using bottled spring water. Or put just a little something in it to prevent nutrient stealing from the soil. I'm not totally convinced this is the case, but I think it is worth mentioning. The nutrients will be absorbed by the plant, anyway so the water taking the nutrients is ok, as long as you are not letting a huge amount of runoff happen.

Just don't water too often, and let them dry out. Really.....it's hard to watch them dry out, but if you don't, you will have problems with roots.

Keep the humidity high for the leaves to absorb water too (70-80% RH). This happens while they are growing roots. Bottles with top/bottom cut out placed over the plant work well.

Starting a grow journal and uploading pictures are going to be the best way to get help.

Sounds like you are on the road, and asking the right questions. I think you are good with 7.0 pH at this point.:thumb:

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos | 420 Magazine ®

I've not used that soil, but I do use an organic super soil type. It takes a while to dry out too.

If the pH is at 7.0 and you are watering with 6.5 you will bring the pH down over time. Should be fine by the time nutrients are needed.

Most seedlings are not using nutrients yet anyway. They can usually go a week or so before needing nutrients.

I think you will be good. By the time you start feeding nutrients, the soil's pH should be within range.

Also, I've been told to be careful with RO water into the soil. It will rob nutrients out if you have any runoff. Need to be using bottled spring water. Or put just a little something in it to prevent nutrient stealing from the soil. I'm not totally convinced this is the case, but I think it is worth mentioning. The nutrients will be absorbed by the plant, anyway so the water taking the nutrients is ok, as long as you are not letting a huge amount of runoff happen.

Just don't water too often, and let them dry out. Really.....it's hard to watch them dry out, but if you don't, you will have problems with roots.

Keep the humidity high for the leaves to absorb water too (70-80% RH). This happens while they are growing roots. Bottles with top/bottom cut out placed over the plant work well.

Starting a grow journal and uploading pictures are going to be the best way to get help.

Sounds like you are on the road, and asking the right questions. I think you are good with 7.0 pH at this point.:thumb:

Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos | 420 Magazine ®
Thanks man I'm gunna start a grow journal right this actually. Thanks for the input.

I use Burpee grow mix and just natural organic potting mix blened together here's the results I'm getting with this blend and Mega Crop nutes I feed from pop to chop
1546743269962.png

1546743291636.png

1546743307170.png

1546743319984.png

Back
Top Bottom