Not adjusting pH organic grow

Ye the thing about nutrients is that they are all vastly acidic in nature you may be able to find pdf reference info about this tho on some products if ya care to look ?

So the nutrients added to your water of what ever PH value will change over all results, so perhaps PH up/down is needed on some grow styles but not all !

Most tap water water is in the neutral PH range reason being that, if water was in an acidic PH this would dissolve heavy metals from your copper pipes or solder from joins over time etc leading to health problems in the long run, if susceptible to em !

So ye i'm dirt guy i grown all sorts of plants in my life time even MJ for lil bit of percy it so much cheaper to grow your own :high-five:

As far as i'm concerned it is all about the right soil PH & not the water/nutrients applied to them to make nutrients available other wise in the real world in hortic/growing plants or agric/farming they would PH correct stuff to make what ever fertiliser they use to work the best to feed the plants, it is really not done to be honest.

MJ is just another plant which has been growing in dirt for thousands of years & unfortunately the internet seems to believe this is a science with decades of hearsay which some lap up with relish when real growing is about environmental conditions which favour the species we so love to grow.

Email from biobizz refarding ph ( found on a google search)

Question: After adding the nutes to the water, what to do?

Quote " BioBizz says if your ph is between 7.0 and 7.3 it's just perfect. Don't change anything! Feed it to the plants and the soil will buffer the rest. "
Ok. I believe that it works just fine like that as I was never measuring ph.
STILL the question is: what would happen if you were using organic ph-down like canna ph down or earthjuice to drop this 7.3 nutrient solution to 6.3 from the start, before feeding? Would this be counter-productive for getting the right ph or actually help the soil getting it right faster? It's hard to tell because these ph meters in soil can't always be really trusted and opinions vastly differ.

Answer: Again, a very good question. First of all: always measure the pH, measuring = knowledge. Now here is how Biobizz works:

Our soil has a pH of 6,1-6,2. This is the perfect pH for using our liquid products. When you water the plants, the Biobizz products start to decompose, with the help of the micro-life in the soil, the organic material breaks down and the pH always stay naturally at 6,1-6,2. So if the water you give has a pH of for instance 7,0-7,3, the micro-life will ensure the pH in the soil will drop to the desired 6,1-6,2. This is why you never had problems, because you let nature do it’s work.

Now, the micro-life can lower the pH to 6,1-6,2, but if you feed water with a pH lower then 6,1-6,2 you can have a problem. The micro-life can lower the pH, but not increase it. So basically: as long as your water, mixed with Biobizz is above 6,2-6,3 ( give it a bit of margin ) you are just fine. Of course, when you have tab water with a pH of 9,0 ( which happens ), you will have an issue anyway. Try to avoid the use of pH correction products. Try to rely on the micro-life to do the work.Non-organic pH products will damage the micro-life we rely on so much.

I know this thread is old, but can you tell me do you still recommend using canna ph down organic when growing in soil? my tap water is 8.0 and i think i need to lower it down before watering the plants, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom