Busted

That deal they are offering you seems to me to be the moral equivalent of a mass murderer offering to kill less people. They want you to accept some harm under the threat of more and worse harm. Take a page out of the government's play book- no negotiating with terrorists and hostage takers. Still praying everything works out. Good luck.

:peacetwo: hope all is well and that you can make it out of this thing sucks that not many people know that they are many more mmj states not just cali maybe it would help in cases like this but from what hear they also having some messed up things going down in cali

That deal they are offering you seems to me to be the moral equivalent of a mass murderer offering to kill less people. They want you to accept some harm under the threat of more and worse harm. Take a page out of the government's play book- no negotiating with terrorists and hostage takers. Still praying everything works out. Good luck.

Thank you I feel the same way. I called the State's case and was ready to start Trial the other day. We arrived ready for battle and the Prosecutor asked if we could wait for a ruling in State Supreme Court that deals with an issue in my case. Depending on the ruling in that case we may get this case dismissed. The State Supreme Court has a case before it dealing with collective growing. The Police and Attorney General's office are of the mind that collectives are illegal but the Law in RI is silent on this issue.
I will not sign on this case and be guilty I am still moving forward affirming my rights and claiming safe harbor under current MMJ Law.

:peacetwo: hope all is well and that you can make it out of this thing sucks that not many people know that they are many more mmj states not just cali maybe it would help in cases like this but from what hear they also having some messed up things going down in cali
:thanks: I really need all the support I can get this case is a real pain in the butt.:bravo:

Wingman420,

Great to see the update, my friend. Thanks for keeping us abreast of developments.

While I can't imagine what it must do to you to keep having these continuances and delays, I think it's ultimately a good sign: the prosecutors know they have no real case, so the only option is to try to wear you down, drain your bank acct and get you to cop a plea. I say :welldone: for avoiding that trap and fighting for your rights! May true justice be done.

Thinking of ya, Wingman :passitleft:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hopefully the state supreme case will swing in your favor. The tide is turning and if someone has it at the state supreme on their dollar it will save you a lot of money and grief. Remember to try to support that case and it's defendant if you can in some way. I am sure he/she is and has been sweating bullets for years. Another brother or sister in need.

It makes me feel good just to know someone who will not take a shitty barter to appease the court system..You should give yourself a lot of credit for what you stand for...I wish you all of the luck in the world and can't wait to get a positive outcome from this fucked up case you have against you....We are all rooting for you....:goodluck:

Glad to hear you are still with us. Thank you for having the fortitude to fight this. Any court victory for law enforcement affects us all. We are beginning to see a disturbing pattern of conduct on the part of local government here in California, as it relates to medical grows and growers.

Tthe Prosecutor asked if we could wait for a ruling in State Supreme Court that deals with an issue in my case. Depending on the ruling in that case we may get this case dismissed. The State Supreme Court has a case before it dealing with collective growing. The Police and Attorney General's office are of the mind that collectives are illegal but the Law in RI is silent on this issue.

Did your lawyer demand the prosecutor issue a written affidavit stating in what way exactly he felt that the case which is before your state's Surpreme Court has relevancy in your case? Might be useful if the higher court rules against the person if you can then show that the prosecutor's premise is flawed in some way.

But hopefully, the higher court will rule in favor of the defendant.

Glad to hear you are still with us. Thank you for having the fortitude to fight this. Any court victory for law enforcement affects us all. We are beginning to see a disturbing pattern of conduct on the part of local government here in California, as it relates to medical grows and growers.

Thank you 1234a5678b for your continued support!:adore::adore: It has been difficult at best to "tone down" my communications here with my 420Mag Family. I miss you all dearly and while not being able to write I still read daily so please keep Our Mission going while I sit on the bench.

Did your lawyer demand the prosecutor issue a written affidavit stating in what way exactly he felt that the case which is before your state's Surpreme Court has relevancy in your case? Might be useful if the higher court rules against the person if you can then show that the prosecutor's premise is flawed in some way.

But hopefully, the higher court will rule in favor of the defendant.

High TS great to see you again!:high-five: I have to admit the whole Court thing and being in jail sucks but I am continuing my fight not just for myself but for those who are not even born yet. To answer your question no we did not it was a verbal agreement made between my attorney and the chief prosecutor of Narcotics in Providence County. The argument is he believes the RI MMJ Law forbids communal growing while the Hawkins-Slater Law is silent on this issue. The case going to RI Supreme Court is on this very issue and will affect my case I am told. The Court may void the law for vagueness, uphold the prosecution's feeble attempt to limit growing, or rule that Co-op's and communal grows are legal. Nobody knows yet but regardless of the outcome I am ascertaining that I was 420% legal, the Law was silent on this issue Feb 6th 2010 when I was falsely arrested and searched illegally. I continue to grow and am under constant pressure not to say anything here but do want you all to know what is going on. There are many legal points that I feel will acquit me but the process has put strains on every aspect of my life. It is my aim to see that nobody is ever prosecuted nor arrested again in RI while in possession of a RI DOH MMJ Card and following the intent and letter of the Hawkins-Slater Law that the police and Attorney General's Office blatantly and systematically disregard. Thank again for staying with me I truly appreciate this especially from you brother!:adore:

Glad to hear from you. You are in my daily prayers.

I hope the high court rules in your favor and puts this all to rest.

The trial experience will change you though. You are not the same person you were yesterday.

Glad to hear from you. You are in my daily prayers.
Thank you very much 1234a5678b, I truly appreciate your thoughts, and prayers!!:Namaste:

I hope the high court rules in your favor and puts this all to rest.

The trial experience will change you though. You are not the same person you were yesterday.

Thanks G-Gog, I hope it get's dismissed but am realistic that it's all about money and the courts backing whatever cops say regardless of what the facts are.

Trial changes you irrevocably. Definitely a Rubicon many people will never cross.
Thank you for understanding this G-Dog, for many people it is just a story.

best lucks man hope it all gets dropped and ended with u free
:thanks: glonuclear, I will keep you posted and I am grateful for your support!!:high-five:

Wingman, I just read this thread.

Thank you for keeping positive vibes during this ordeal, it shows a lot of courage on your part.

I wish you the best, and appreciate what you have done and are doing to better the 420 discrimination going on across the nation.

Hey JJ Bones, glad you dropped in to wish me well. Yes many members are unaware of my situation and the whole thing sucks but I am extremely grateful you saw this and are wishing me well. As I stated I just heard the case called for 9-19-2011 so I will definitely keep you all up to date as the wheels of justice grind along.

Grateful to all my brothers and sisters for your support and well wishes. Please continue the fight for fair Marijuana Laws that are reflective of an educated public. The fact that I could be held without bail on a Marijuana violation while in possession of a State issued License is in an of itself a crime against the licensee. Unfortunately, these United States have become a police state, and today we are guilty until proven innocent.
Have a Toke and a Smile,
Wingman420

Have all the continuances been called for by the prosecutor? If so, unless you are intent on riding that horse to the finish line, I'd move for an immediate dismissal due to the breaching of your sixth amendment right to a speedy trial. Pretty sure it's been over a year since you were arrested or indicted (whichever came first).

Although there has been some question about the year thing, many judges use it as a qualifier. Unless you (through your attorney) agreed to one or more of the continuances instead of objecting or called for one yourself, in which case it wouldn't work.

Have all the continuances been called for by the prosecutor? If so, unless you are intent on riding that horse to the finish line, I'd move for an immediate dismissal due to the breaching of your sixth amendment right to a speedy trial. Pretty sure it's been over a year since you were arrested or indicted (whichever came first).

Although there has been some question about the year thing, many judges use it as a qualifier. Unless you (through your attorney) agreed to one or more of the continuances instead of objecting or called for one yourself, in which case it wouldn't work.

High TS I would love for that to happen but am unsure of who asked for what continuance. I will definitely ask my attorney about this.:thanks:
I do know it has been over 420 days since my arrest and incarceration on Feb 6th 2010. There are many things wrong with this case that being one of them along with false arrest, manufacture of statements and charges, and illegal search to name just a few. We did file a motion for a speedy trial but don't know where thats going. We also filed a few other Motions and are awaiting the Trial Justice's ruling on these. I will keep you informed and thank you for staying with me despite my silence online here with my 420Mag Family. It seems I have lost a few family members here who seem to think nothing but the worst, which is usually the case when someone takes a pinch. :adore::adore::Namaste::adore::adore:

:popcorn:Meanwhile all will wait and see if I am a snitch or other scumbag as everything comes out in the wash!!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Thanks for the update, Wingman. A lot of people around here care a lot about you. Here's hoping you're back to logging grows instead of legal maneuvers very soon!

Always pulling for ya.

Thanks for the update, Wingman. A lot of people around here care a lot about you. Here's hoping you're back to logging grows instead of legal maneuvers very soon!

Always pulling for ya.

Thank you very, very, much DL-Toker, your taking the time to write me is very uplifting and helpful. This whole thing sucks. I truly wish you and yours nothing but the best my friend!!

+REP to you my friend, and all on the thread:woohoo:

Back
Top Bottom