Buying Water

420chris69

So i grow in hydro which means i use a lot of water everyweek. Right now i don't have a filtration system so i go to the store every 3 days and buy 10 gallons of distilled water. I get some pretty funny looks pushing a cart full to the top with water. So i made a game out of it, everytime I check out they always ask why i need so much water, Yesterday my answer was, I don't ask questions i just do what she tells me to. :rofl:
:rofl:Last week i thought it would be funny to buy something random with the water. So i go to the check out with 10 gallons of water and a box of ex-lax, after the very strange look she gives me, i tell her i need to loose weight, that got a laugh. My next idea is to get 10 gallons of water, a strainer, and a turkey baster, should be pretty funny.

What should i say/get next?
any ideas

wow, I could not imagine the hassle of buy all the water for a grow.

that said, you should get some food coloring and say you're making a giant kaleidoscope.

Tap water was at 430 PPM. So for the time being, until i get enough $ for an RO or a Hyrdo water filter, just buyin the water i need to top of my res from the store. I use a little over a gallon a day so its not too bad. Plus its cheap $0.69 a gallon and alot of fun to see ppls reactions.

Brother you're going to run out of stuff ...LOL....just tell them it's your weekly
colon cleansing and they'll never bother again!

Tap water was at 430 PPM. So for the time being, until i get enough $ for an RO or a Hyrdo water filter, just buyin the water i need to top of my res from the store. I use a little over a gallon a day so its not too bad. Plus its cheap $0.69 a gallon and alot of fun to see ppls reactions.

My buds water was over 1100ppm and luckly he tried it out because you should see his plants. Their to drool for.

Colon cleansing. Def gonna use that one next.

I have the same problem, I buy the 2 1/2 gal jugs, and usually get 2 or 3 at a time . This afternoon I had to get a few extra cause were leaving for a couple of days and I want to change out all res and top them off good. So I had 4 of these in the cart and grabbed a lb of coffee while I was there . Talk about looks the checker asked why I used bottled water for my coffee, I just told her it's much better than tap water. How long does all that coffee last she asked, I told her if I'm lucky 1 wk. She just shook her head !? I should have just got 1 pack of kool aid, and 5 lbs of sugar!M-m-m-m-m-m :yummy:

everytime I check out they always ask why i need so much water

Make a tight-fitting tin-foil hat and put it on before entering the store. They won't ask you a f'king thing no matter WHAT you have in your cart. TRUST me.

What should i say/get next?
any ideas

a R/O system.....

:rofl:

What, they don't have those 25-cent/gallon "fill your own jug" vending machines around your locale? That sucks.

Thats an awesome idea. I actually went out and bought an RO unit so i don't have to do that anymore, But i like the tin foil idea

The one thing I didn't like about ro water units are that for every gallon of water you get theres about 21/2 gallons that get dumped it seems like a waste of water !? I havn't tried those store front things because I think they work like a counter top filter and they don't remove most of the contaminates !? It's easy to just buy the 2 1/2 gallon jugs I get them 2 for 5 bucks good enough for me ...

the outdoor water venders do a great job. our tap water is at 650 - 700 ppm to start with so it makes most meters non functional when trying to calculate your nutrient ppm.the vender water ive seen and tested are never above 10 ppm so for .25 a gallon ill stay that way.
Wink

the outdoor water venders do a great job. our tap water is at 650 - 700 ppm to start with so it makes most meters non functional when trying to calculate your nutrient ppm.the vender water ive seen and tested are never above 10 ppm so for .25 a gallon ill stay that way.
Wink

Winkster. I was wondering what ppm those filters would clean water to. Thanks I hope the ones here work the same I have a store a couple of blocks away !! Thats a lot cheaper than 1 dollar a gallon !! :yahoo:

and RO units take FOREVER. I still by a bunch of distilled water for res changes, .65 a gallon. I guess i like the looks, its always good for a laugh.

I refill at the RO dispensing machines for $.25 per gallon.
If the store bought price doesn't bother you then think about all the plastic containers getting used!
(One of my pet peeves)

You can say your doin water changes on your fish tank, im into that stuff, people look at me funny when i walk around with carts full of water too lol but its valid

Back
Top Bottom