We watered them once a day with with a half cup water to soil andhalf cup to tray for humidity until they popped.... now we water every other day with about four or five tablespoons to soil and we keep constant water in tray

From the picture, it doesn't seem that the light is as close to the leaflets as they may need, in order to revert from this insane stretch. As other growers advise, cannabis likes its soil to be dried out, so that its roots have to "search" for some more water. To keep it constantly moist might not be the best thing. I would try to have the lights between 1-3 inches away in order to get the surface area increased on the leaflets, so they have a fighting chance at producing some glucose. ( especially since they're CFLs )

He posted an update at 12:00 PM today, just click back to page one. Also, 300 watts of CFL should get you through veg depending on how many plants you have. HPS will work with veg though flowering, and work nicely for flowering. Up to you.

Back to the journal at hand mate =)

I'll stick with cfl for now seems to be growing well to it ( never fast enough tho )

:morenutes: and seed is for flowering ! Not just for spouting ! :morenutes:

Hey killbill looking at your setup and it looks similar to mine. Check out my grow.
I had foil as well for my walls then I went out and bought a plain white shower curtian
I push-pinned it to the walls and the closet was instantly brighter. It was an inexpensive
fast easy fix. My grow is my first ever and Im learning along the way. Welcome to the journal

Yeah, typically you would want to transplant when the plant itself is as big as the pot its in. When a nice root ball forms at the bottom of your current pots, then it would be a good time to move them to a bigger one. Since, you stretched a lot, I'm not sure how big the root balls may be.

Okay thnxs alot the I moved my plants closer to the light they armt streching as much and are growing more leaves most plants have four some are getting more I can see the roots on one or two of them

I also wanted to know if anyone has used red lights I have a hundred watt red buld that I use with my lizard is this good bad or any info on these lights and the affect on pot would be great

2013-01-12_02-56-22_46.jpg

It might be worth topping the cups up with soil if you are worried they have stretched too far, like Tomatoes, these plants will root from the stem if it is covered, there’s a funky name for it but I forget.

:hookah:

I grow with CFL and red is what you need for flower, but….I use a ReptaLite to provide UV, low wattage as a supplementary, Google your light and check it’s OK for ‘Plants’

:goodluck: It's amazing what you can get from little more than determination and a few Watts

Oh, and loose the tin foil:thumb:

What size pot is ideal i was just gonna put them in 2 liter bottles

The ideal pot size is different depending on how big you want the plant, for my 6 footers in the summer I put them into 5-7 gallon pots. You'll want to minimize the amount of transplanting you do, to relieve stress, put them in their final home ASAP to mellow out the ride.

Back
Top Bottom