Cal Mag question

HollanderCA

Ok im running R.O. water in my resivours and i no im supposed to run cal mag during veg...But ive heard your not supposed to run cal mag in flower do i need to pick up any other nutrients?...Im running Flood and drain on 2 4x8's Im using House and Garden Aqua Flakes for my flood and drain with pretty much there nutes line..if that makes a differnce.

Where did you hear on not running calmg in flowering? I have never heard that and I also run it during flowering and not in veg. So just the opposite. In my opinion it helps with deficiencies. I was getting a lot of leaf loss late in flowering last grow with out it and now with it I am not having that issue. love to hear what others have to say.

I use cal mag during veg and grow. I have never had any problems. My first grow I did not use cal mag at all. My plants seem healthier since I have been using it. I only use about half the recomended dose on every nute change. I never heard to only use in veg or flower. I am interested to hear what others say. :morenutes:

From what I been reading calcium is used to build plant cells, plants and animals cant process calcium with out magnesium. A proper ph is required to dissolve calcium into a usable form for the plants roots to up take. I also have read the amounts of cal needed for veg or bloom vary as to each specific strain. Witch I find to be the rule to go by. This is why I like soil I can learn a lot about feeding a specific strain. Advanced nutrients sell $20+ bottles of cal and mag and some hydro growers around here swear by it. I add more cal & mag during flowering and I believe my flowers benefit from it. Calcium is one nutrient you do not want too much of it will lockout every thing. This is why its not in other bottles of nutrients.

Yea I really don't have any issues in veg so I do not use it but in flowering i can and it seems to help and control them. I am not using a R.O either.

Im using R.O water in my res..but i was curious because ya ive heard that with R.O water Cal Mg is not needed in flowering...thanks for the info everyone.

I have RO water as well, and use CalMg in both veg & bloom phases. I had a Mg deficiency in veg a few years back & had to foliar spray epsom salts until I started adding CalMg as part of my nute solution. A gallon costs $45-50. No problems (uhhh... no Mg problems!) since!

Back
Top Bottom