Cal-Mag question

barb6781

I have some capsules of a Calcium, Mag & D complex. Would it be reasonable to try to Dr. My plant defincincies with a small solution with the powder from these? Or better stay with known products?

What are your deficiencies?

Not sure Vitamin D is a thing for plants not from the soil or fertilizers.

Mg deficiency wood be a thing in Hydro grows or soil-less medium.

Ca deficiency wood/could be a thing for sure. The thing about Ca and plant availability it needs to be processed by soil organisms. Likely the Ca in your supplements are going to have an affect on the soil pH so you could do more harm than good. You cannot add Ca to soil with a plant growing in it and expect the plant to uptake that Ca. Farmers add this to the soil when there are no plants in the field so it can break down prior to planting. In a container you have no buffering capabilities.

I use EWC and Kelp Meal for Ca and Mg - they are in the proper ratio and you cannot hurt your plants or create an imbalance in the soil with these.

1/4 cup of ewc + 1/4 cup of kelp meal to a gal of water shake it up let it sit for a day. Water in. Takes about 3 days to see your deficiency start to resolve.

LOL... Seaweed and worm poop! Cal/mag is born
1591118605624.gif
haha

What are your deficiencies?

Not sure Vitamin D is a thing for plants not from the soil or fertilizers.

Mg deficiency wood be a thing in Hydro grows or soil-less medium.

Ca deficiency wood/could be a thing for sure. The thing about Ca and plant availability it needs to be processed by soil organisms. Likely the Ca in your supplements are going to have an affect on the soil pH so you could do more harm than good. You cannot add Ca to soil with a plant growing in it and expect the plant to uptake that Ca. Farmers add this to the soil when there are no plants in the field so it can break down prior to planting. In a container you have no buffering capabilities.

I use EWC and Kelp Meal for Ca and Mg - they are in the proper ratio and you cannot hurt your plants or create an imbalance in the soil with these.

1/4 cup of ewc + 1/4 cup of kelp meal to a gal of water shake it up let it sit for a day. Water in. Takes about 3 days to see your deficiency start to resolve.
Thank you. I had already put some of the mixture of vitamins on my plants. Whether it was reacting to the addition or other existing issue, leaves were still turning yellow top to bottom. I read your input and decided to flush with stocked pond water. I inherited two more younger plants that were flowering and did the same with them. They are all back in the grow tent on 12/12. I'm hoping this will be my last experiment and I will soon be into my first harvest!

LOL.... You sound a lot like me been learning for years on bag seed only started purchasing seeds a few years ago, ...You will have to let me know how it works out for you! :)
I am almost ready to harvest soon! The clear tricomes are turning white mostly, waiting for some amber. I took most the the bigger leaves off because I didn't like all the dying stuff. I'm
IMG_20200616_223632.jpg
getting paranoid in the final process.lol

Back
Top Bottom