California Cannabis Rift: Taxation vs Legalization

BWC BayArea

Member of the Month: 3rd Place Winner
Can anyone explain to me how the movement has become so divided? I was reading this article> (for some strange reason I can't find this particular article) earlier. I just read that Dennis Peron & Ed Rosenthal, were opponents of taxation. Dennis Peron was recently fired from Oaksterdam University (owned by Richard Lee)>War Breaks Out Within The Marijuana Legalization Movement. Richard Lee is for taxation and is willing to front $1 mil of his own money to collect signatures to get it on the ballot. He has been one of the driving forces in local legislation in Oakland. Lee founded a committee that passed Measure Z, an Oakland law that makes cannabis possession the lowest law enforcement priority as well as mandating that Oakland tax cannabis legally under state law. Steve DeAngelo of Harborside (a well respected dispensary in Oakland) supports taxation, but not the model Richard Lee is supporting. Then I read another article about a Jack Herer initiative that is to be drafted and a signature campaign is to follow>The Jack Herer Initiative Has Been Filed. What the hell is going on? Is this an ego or power struggle or what? How can we get anywhere with the cannabis movement and the people in the forefront can't agree while on center stage? I don't even know know which one to support or where to find the proposed documents. NE one have any idea what's happening in California?

U guys gotta be playin. I thought we were here to spread cannabis awareness. The Grow Room is always packed, but no1 can make their way to the legal forums? We have a very important election comming up next year and people act like they know nothing of what's going on. California members, stop dragging ur feet and being comfortable with pacifiers. So what u gotta MMJ card and can grow ur own shit. Plenty of people are over their limits, so ur not legally protected. The only way to get that protection is to become politically involved. Legal or illegal people will continue to do as they do and be jailed for it. Won't stop me.Arm urselves with information; Read, know, grow, and vote. I'm voting against taxation. If we allow the government to get their hooks in us with this tax crap, we'll end up like the cigarette smokers. They got screwed with taxes. We'll never get their hooks out. I found a hemp food product in a local grocery store today. This stuff is imported from Canada, WTF? I coulda swore Oregon just passed an initiative to allow hemp farming (maybe I need to read the article again). Vote no on taxing medicinal marijuana in CA 2010-the world blows upor its completely legal. If ur a commercial grower or run a "Cannabusines" I can assume ur gonna vote in favor of (although I'd like to urge u to seriously weight the initiatives for everyone's benefit). Keep this in mind, it won't always be sweet. Don't think of the quick buck. I'd vote to legalize it all, but to tax industrial hemp sales. Why in the hell should meds be taxed. Its bad enough that the prices are so damn high. People read and get active. WAKE UP CALIFORNIA!! 40 views and 0 responses, I'm seriously disgusted with the Californians here. Seriously. I'm done. Later.

Seriously. I'm done. Later.
seriously, i hope your not done
i agree with you
i personally feel that the grow forums and most of the others are a hook to get people here then educate them about whats going on and hopefully motivate them to become active in the movement. thats why i spend my time here. it can be frustrating sometimes but just because you don't see replies don't assume that you aren't making a difference. hang in there comrade.

i agree with you
i personally feel that the grow forums and most of the others are a hook to get people here then educate them about whats going on and hopefully motivate them to become active in the movement. thats why i spend my time here. it can be frustrating sometimes but just because you don't see replies don't assume that you aren't making a difference. hang in there comrade.

+1

:Rasta:

i agree with you

I should've been more clear. I meant I was done with the tirade. Still tryna figure out where I fit in (in the movement). Not done there yet,lol. User thanks for ur support. Funny thing is u aren't even from Cali, but most support is welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom